Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find it shitty that when we sign players from bigger (or in this case, just richer) clubs that there's never any mention of it on their news or social media? When we let a youth/fringe player go to a lower league team we always put up a post about it and say farewell etc.

What a great signing Findlay is. Will admit I’ve been one of the people who has been frustrated by our lack of movement in the market & still believe we have missed out on some very good players. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling and we can get 4 or 5 in by the end of this week. Squad will be looking a lot healthier then. I think we need: LB,RB,2x Wingers & another striker as a minimum. Plus a B2B midfielder if KR is going to try and turn MM into a CDM this season.

So our defensive options as it stands:

Long/Forde RB
Moore/Findlay/Brown CB,
Seddon/new player LB (Tho sounds like Brown may be the back up?)

Could the three at the back still be on with Moore and Brown either side of Findlay?
Long and Seddon WB's?
Cam and McGuane in the middle
Bodin in behind Tayls and Baldock when fit?🤔

Unpopular opinion but I still think Seddon has a role to play here.
What about Browne?

I've been saying all along we will end up with a great squad we are lucky to have a fantastic board Thank-you. We have got some real numptys People just don't seem to have the class anymore. We have a board who want to build an amazing stadium build a great squad with there hands tied behind there backs because of Kassam who hates Us with a passion but loves our money. Let's get behind our club our manager and board and look forward to another great campaign . If Northampton could do it we've got plenty COYY

That's true, but we constantly read on here 'it's too late for players to gel, we should have got business done early'. That is plainly rubbish, sometimes you have to wait for the right players to become available. Players can hit it off straight away, players can play together for years and not be on the same wavelength.

It's the binary viewpoints that get to me. Life, and Football, is rarely that straightforward.
What about all the right players that turned us down? It's very easy to say that the later deals are the better deals because they take more time to do, but with the same logic the second and third-choice deals also take longer to do because they require the first-choice ones breaking down. Getting in players early isn't often a substitute for quality, it means you're getting in your first choices early.

Anyone else find it shitty that when we sign players from bigger (or in this case, just richer) clubs that there's never any mention of it on their news or social media? When we let a youth/fringe player go to a lower league team we always put up a post about it and say farewell etc.

Tbf, Philly and their head coach have been pretty vocal in their appreciation of Stuart Findlay in the last week.

Because (like us), they are outgunned by the financial heavyweights in the division (Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby etc.) and can't compete directly with them for the top, proven League One/Championship talent. So they have to take risks on young talented players from lower leagues, Ireland and Premier League academies as well as players who are on the downswing a little bit that they hope they can revitalize.

And look, I'm all for signing 1 or 2 McNallys or Smyths every window. There's potentially massive value there. I just look at MK Dons' window and think that they've gone a little overboard on youngsters this year - and I'm not particularly impressed by the more experienced pros they've recruited to complement them. I'm still hopeful that we will do better when we eventually get our recruitment done!
Results will be the proof of the pudding.

Hmmm. Tough to say. I see your thinking but I think if he goes that’s them as good as relegated. I suppose the dilemma for them is if they hold him against his will, will he even get 10 for them? Tough one for them unless they have a replacement ready to go.

I think at £2/300k you’d have half the championship after him as a backup.
I take your point, I just cant figure that if it was generally known that he was not going to sign a new contract why no one has come in for him. Especially in that area, the north west with so many potential suitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom