Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
This assumes we can't sometimes do both... this season, we've not achieved that, that is the problem
That's true, but we constantly read on here 'it's too late for players to gel, we should have got business done early'. That is plainly rubbish, sometimes you have to wait for the right players to become available. Players can hit it off straight away, players can play together for years and not be on the same wavelength.

It's the binary viewpoints that get to me. Life, and Football, is rarely that straightforward.

That's true, but we constantly read on here 'it's too late for players to gel, we should have got business done early'. That is plainly rubbish, sometimes you have to wait for the right players to become available. Players can hit it off straight away, players can play together for years and not be on the same wavelength.

It's the binary viewpoints that get to me. Life, and Football, is rarely that straightforward.
Spot on

Gerrard and Lampard for England.

I agree, you sometimes have to wait, but normally you have to wait for one or two signings... we're having to wait for ALL of our signings :ROFLMAO: the chances of them not hitting the ground running is higher with every new players you introduce in theory

Good point well made look at Taylor and Baldock they hit it off straight away having never played together before

It may have been mentioned elsewhere on this thread but KR also said he may get a yes or no over the phone on a player tonight as well as the 4 talked about.

Hopefully we will have a couple of busy days now and then the team against Wimbledon will assemble more of the team that will play derby ( hopefully)

No chance this season incompetent management has blown our chance of getting our season off to a flying start! ROBINSON'S last chance.

Strange time to come out with that nonsense following a pretty decent shoeing against West Brom for 75 minutes, Findlay confirmed and a number of other signings happening this week.

you are all missing the important part of Findlay signing...he wasn't signed fast enough so his signing is invalid and doesn't count. Technically, Oxford still havent signed anyone

Moaners... did I do it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom