Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
“You wouldn’t believe some of the things that haven’t gone our way.

"Some of the names that have been brought up that have been injured to stop a player coming to us, you're like 'he's world class, so why is that player stopping my player coming to me?'.

“There’s one we’ll hopefully get done and we can explain the complications behind this deal, and it’s been going on a long time.

"For the players that we’ve got, we know we’re very thin on the ground.

"We're not going to be able to carry this amount of players for a season. We know it’ll constitute in a negative output but we still have good players, so from that point of view I’m still positive.”

Shifting the blame is an artform Karl.
What part of that exactly is shifting the blame??
If we were in for a player, but it got delayed by the parent club... Then that's out of his control, no?

And beyond that, recruitment and transfer windows are dynamic and ever changing. It is quite plausible that "things haven't gone our way"... That's not to say they aren't KR's fault, but it isn't to say they are either.
I'm pretty sure you have no idea of the details and intricacies of what transfer business has been tried behind closed doors??

Last edited:

This is the state of our squad assuming Findlay & McGinty are a matter of time. I would guess Stevens is off with the arrival of McGinty.

If we can add the palace lad and Jones, things would then be starting to take shape in my opinion. A young striker would be a good addition (not keen on Sinclair personally) especially if Baldock is out for a while I think it’s more crucial to get a good back up to Taylor.

I think it’s also crucial we get a full back or 2, I’ve seen Thompson mentioned on here and would be happy with that, I would also like a RB but I personally can not see that with Long & Forde already in the building.

Another CM would add some nice depth to the central areas, at the minute we are one injury away from being very light on the ground.

Finally a further winger would be the cherry on top, someone like Gav would be fine & could see us line up like:

McGinty
Long Moore Findlay Thompson
Gorrin
Brannagan New CM
Whyte Taylor Browne

Subs: Easty, Brown, Seddon, Mcguane, Palace lad, Baldock, Bodin

This would also mean players such as: Forde, Symth, Golding & Third choice striker & a CM player (could be Henry or Mcguane) would be missing out on the match day squad. I think we would be in a good place for depth then and hope this is what we are aiming for.

It will be a shame that we won’t have a squad who has had a proper preseason together but this would be a squad capable of challenging at the top end of the table.

Critiquing the words of our manager is classed as "getting frothy"?

Why should we accept our manager, in your own words Ste, shifting the blame and then admitting failure?

Which is it then WY? If he’s shifting the blame he’s abdicating responsibility, if he’s admitting failure he’s not. You can’t be angry with him for both admitting his mistakes and not 🤷‍♂️

It amazes me how many Oxford United fans on this forum think that their 'superior' knowledge outweighs the experience of the club's professionals.

The truth is, not one of us are privvy to enough inside information to make informed judgement about what business has been done.

We can speculate, and have opinions; it is a forum afterall.

But the animosity and hostility amongst our fans about that which most/all probably know f**k all, is embarrassing.

Which is it then WY? If he’s shifting the blame he’s abdicating responsibility, if he’s admitting failure he’s not. You can’t be angry with him for both admitting his mistakes and not 🤷‍♂️
He is admitting failure but saying that failure isn't his fault. A real talent for KR is his ability to spin things.

I'll leave you all to get excited about signing last minute players. You'll all have your own conclusions on KR after the first 5 or 6 games of this season.

This is the state of our squad assuming Findlay & McGinty are a matter of time. I would guess Stevens is off with the arrival of McGinty.

If we can add the palace lad and Jones, things would then be starting to take shape in my opinion. A young striker would be a good addition (not keen on Sinclair personally) especially if Baldock is out for a while I think it’s more crucial to get a good back up to Taylor.

I think it’s also crucial we get a full back or 2, I’ve seen Thompson mentioned on here and would be happy with that, I would also like a RB but I personally can not see that with Long & Forde already in the building.

Another CM would add some nice depth to the central areas, at the minute we are one injury away from being very light on the ground.

Finally a further winger would be the cherry on top, someone like Gav would be fine & could see us line up like:

McGinty
Gorrin
Brannagan New CM
Whyte Taylor Browne

This would also mean players such as: Forde, Symth, Golding & Third choice striker & a CM player (could be Henry or Mcguane) would be missing out on the match day squad. I think we would be in a good place for depth then and hope this is what we are aiming for.

It will be a shame that we won’t have a squad who has had a proper preseason together but this would be a squad capable of challenging at the top end of the table.
I don't know what kind of state Gorrin is in but think we should be aiming for a midfielder who can play the 6 and 8 roles. I'm not sure Smyth is quite ready judging by pre season and any injury to Gorrin (is he even going to be ready to start the season?) and we are in trouble there, because we don't really have anyone who can cover ground and be a physical presence in midfield.

A midfield 3 of Brannagan, Henry and McGuane might be OK in some home games when we're dominating and a team is just sitting back, but there's going to be some really tough away games when we will need someone to break up play.

He is admitting failure but saying that failure isn't his fault. A real talent for KR is his ability to spin things.

I'll leave you all to get excited about signing last minute players. You'll all have your own conclusions on KR after the first 5 or 6 games of this season.
Yep, we certainly will... And have done throughout x amount of years as an OUFC fan... Without your virtue signalling.

You have many opinions, and free to them you may be. Some of them I agree with, others I don't.
But very rarely do you share them with grace or decorum.

McGinty
Gorrin
Brannagan New CM
Whyte Taylor Browne

Goodrham to the list as well

McGinty
Gorrin
Brannagan New CM
Whyte Taylor Browne

A squad that addresses *checks notes* none of the vulnerabilities from the past two seasons. Nice.

I'm probably a bit thick, but I didn't understand parts of that interview:

"Some of the names that have been brought up that have been injured to stop a player coming to us, you're like 'he's world class, so why is that player stopping my player coming to me?'.

"We're not going to be able to carry this amount of players for a season. We know it’ll constitute in a negative output but we still have good players, so from that point of view I’m still positive.”

Is the heat getting to me already, or is that complete gobbledegook?

Whilst I don’t necessarily disagree with SouthOxOx, it’s also a little disingenuous not to include Goodrham and O‘Donkor in those lists. We’ve bred them to become part of the squad! If they’re good enough, they’re old enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom