Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was trying to pick bits out of that awful interview..... Did I hear KR say two deals, sort of done?
Yes. One with a prem club.
He didn't sound very happy. Said we needed to speed up and we may have missed out on one or two things. Hopefully things will move quickly this week as he wants players in ASAP.

No we don't, as Mous only played 160 minutes last year (blissfully ignoring the fact that our first choice RB played at CB for 1125 minutes according to TransferMarkt.com and wingers played in defense for quite a few games).
How dare you suggest we sign more defenders?.....

So your happy with the defence we have going in to the season…

If it is turned around, will the negative people on here then apologise?

I would love nothing more than to eat a big trowel full of humble pie, but people have to admit, something is wrong… very wrong to be this close to the start of the season and no activity on the horizon. Apart from two deals done sort of. Sort of, that’s not a positive end.

The biggest question is, will the positives jump off at the next stop, and apologise to people that have been screaming out the warnings? I somehow doubt it!!!

Last edited:
I feel like KR sometimes does interviews like that to get a reaction from the board. We have seen it over the last couple of years if he wants things to speed up.

it really isn't worth trying to debate with you anymore...if he or any other player set one up scored 2 etc you would find something else....

I really don't care who it is but i doubt anyone would be posting get him signed in the example above. it's one game.

Given your apparent dislike of our manager i would have thought you'd want a team full of no hopers so he's out the door by Christmas.

I don’t want KR fired, because it’s KR, or because of his managerial ability.

But if was to go, it would help the football club in a positive way. KR does more than one job at the club, and he should be doing what he’s employed to do, and that’s manage, but because he does more than one thing, he’s focusing his attention in more than one place. Other people should be employed to do some of the things he’s been doing. KR has too much power at the moment, and it’s starting to catch up with him. Quite rapidly.

I’m not going to divulge, but I’m sure others on here will know exactly what I do.

So who is to blame?
Presumably one the players we missed out on is Cadden

I believe that either we are setting our sights too high on certain players we want,it’s all very well being ambitious but not to the point of chasing a player when bigger clubs who can offer more money are involved
So in which case KR is to blame

I don’t want KR fired, because it’s KR, or because of his managerial ability.

But if was to go, it would help the football club in a positive way. KR does more than one job at the club, and he should be doing what he’s employed to do, and that’s manage, but because he does more than one thing, he’s focusing his attention in more than one place. Other people should be employed to do some of the things he’s been doing. KR has too much power at the moment, and it’s starting to catch up with him. Quite rapidly.

I’m not going to divulge, but I’m sure others on here will know exactly what I do.
Are you KR’s agent?
C’mon divulge

I believe that either we are setting our sights too high on certain players we want,it’s all very well being ambitious but not to the point of chasing a player when bigger clubs who can offer more money are involved
It’s a tricky one, if we were competing with Cheltenham and Cambridge we’d probably get the player but we’re after better players who may feel a club like Barnsley or Reading is a better bet, even if we can offer similar money. So we try to be clever and unearth unknowns or rehabilitate players who have had bad injuries

I feel like KR sometimes does interviews like that to get a reaction from the board. We have seen it over the last couple of years if he wants things to speed up.
Exactly, we hear a similar interview every window from him. He knows what he’s doing and it usually works.

It’s a tricky one, if we were competing with Cheltenham and Cambridge we’d probably get the player but we’re after better players who may feel a club like Barnsley or Reading is a better bet, even if we can offer similar money. So we try to be clever and unearth unknowns or rehabilitate players who have had bad injuries
But that’s not working this time round,
I’m sure last year we had deals tied up by now and only Kane and Thornilley came late, I stand to be corrected on this but that is my recollection

Exactly, we hear a similar interview every window from him. He knows what he’s doing and it usually works.
Or, and this is quite a revelation I know, we have had a s**t window and are just not moving effectively (a recurring theme) and Robbo is thoroughly pissed off with it now and is saying exactly that.

It doesn't have to be a grand plan, he could be saying what we can all see.

Talk of Top 30 is absolutely laughable.

So J Sinclair started at Banbury
Lasted to half-time
Came off apparently injured.

Verdict
Lightweight
No pace
Please do not sign

The winger for Banbury more impressive

Positives
Elliott
Golding - might be young but to me is already a Div 1 player
Cam

Yes but you could also argue if the board want promotion they haven't employed a head of recruitment for transfers to get the players over the like. I understand that there is bigger clubs in this league but if we don't try and compete with these we will never achieve being a top 30 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom