Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, and this is quite a revelation I know, we have had a s**t window and are just not moving effectively (a recurring theme) and Robbo is thoroughly pissed off with it now and is saying exactly that.

It doesn't have to be a grand plan, he could be saying what we can all see.

Talk of Top 30 is absolutely laughable.
Can’t argue with it being a s**t window and I’m not blaming KR for being annoyed by it. Currently we’re way behind other teams who will be fighting at the top. All I’m saying is we’ve seen KR use similar before and it’s worked.

Hopefully this week sees KR get what we all want.

robinson now seems to see the whole mess the transfer window has been up until now, coming through in his interview.

For example, regardless of what fans think, he took Jones to Spain for the duration, brought him back to Oxford, then played him in games, also protecting him in the process, so he must have thought a lot of him, so why not sign him? He must have had the medical team go over him umpteen times. Yet Jones was in the Reading squad to face Benfica this afternoon, as one of 8 triallists.
Why the hell, with so many places to fill, doesn't robinson have a plethora of triallists identified to look at? Makes you wonder what all this preparation from March onwards was all about. Maybe using the time to plan for their jolly to Spain.

Sorry if I've missed the point, but what is the relevance of your final line?

Exactly what I’ve wrote. It does have some relevance! He’s doing too many things, and should be focused on being a manager. I could be wrong, it must be quite normal to employ a manager, and allow him to do more than one job.

I’m sure others on here know the same as I do.

Last edited:
robinson now seems to see the whole mess the transfer window has been up until now, coming through in his interview.

For example, regardless of what fans think, he took Jones to Spain for the duration, brought him back to Oxford, then played him in games, also protecting him in the process, so he must have thought a lot of him, so why not sign him? He must have had the medical team go over him umpteen times. Yet Jones was in the Reading squad to face Benfica this afternoon, as one of 8 triallists.
Why the hell, with so many places to fill, doesn't robinson have a plethora of triallists identified to look at? Makes you wonder what all this preparation from March onwards was all about. Maybe using the time to plan for their jolly to Spain.

Apparently Jones's agent paid for him to come to Spain with us and then go on trial with Reading. Obviously as an agent you want the best deal for your player. We may well have offered him a deal but he won't sign until its certain he won't get better.

I'm not sure we should be looking at players like this to fill the squad.

Apparently Jones's agent paid for him to come to Spain with us and then go on trial with Reading. Obviously as an agent you want the best deal for your player. We may well have offered him a deal but he won't sign until its certain he won't get better.

Apparently according to some on here, Findlay was signing a day or two ago. Has he got KR’s phobia of flying, if so perhaps he’s left the city of brotherly love by canoe.

Exactly what I’ve wrote. It does have some relevance! He’s doing too many things, and should be focused on being a manager. I could be wrong, it must be quite normal to employ a manager to do more than one job.

I’m sure others on here know the same as I do.

Sorry, still have no idea who you are or what you do, and I don't know what you are referring to.

Help me out, has Robinson done something outside his role as Manager that has been damaging, or is it the fact that he is involved in other things and neglecting his role as Manager?

I'm sure there are managers up and down the country that have diverse job roles that are not solely to do with managing the first team. Whilst there will also be some that take a back seat in coaching and are pretty stand offish with their players. There's room for all sorts, unless there's something going on that I don't know about?

Apparently according to some on here, Findlay was signing a day or two ago. Has he got KR’s phobia of flying, if so perhaps he’s left the city of brotherly love by canoe.
I said last week that with Robinson in Ireland and said plater flying from America that we shouldn't expect an announcement until today at the earliest, but more likely Monday.

Can’t argue with it being a s**t window and I’m not blaming KR for being annoyed by it. Currently we’re way behind other teams who will be fighting at the top. All I’m saying is we’ve seen KR use similar before and it’s worked.

Hopefully this week sees KR get what we all want.
Yes we've had a s**t window, but whose fault is it? So say months of preparation has gone into the planning. Why have the majority of other teams below us and above us got settled squads or more or less there. We've all bought and sold under the same conditions, so there's no excuse for us still being 6/7 players short. The resulting squad or lack of it falls simply down to the manager.
We've heard about targets being set up, better budgets, yet here we are, even people we've had training with us, who some on the forum spoke of as already an Oxford player, has played for Reading this afternoon.

Will they look back and the week spent training in Spain, would have been better spent taking transfers and showing potential signings around the club. What was the logic of spending all that money and time in Spain if you don't use the time to match yourself against others in friendlies. Couldn't they have trained here, and saved money?

Sorry, still have no idea who you are or what you do, and I don't know what you are referring to.

Help me out, has Robinson done something outside his role as Manager that has been damaging, or is it the fact that he is involved in other things and neglecting his role as Manager?

I'm sure there are managers up and down the country that have diverse job roles that are not solely to do with managing the first team. Whilst there will also be some that take a back seat in coaching and are pretty stand offish with their players. There's room for all sorts, unless there's something going on that I don't know about?

I thought that would be the response. I expected nothing else!

He is doing more than one thing at the football club, and his focus and attentions are on more than one thing. So because of this, it’s somewhat taking it’s toll, all his energy should be going into management, not other aspects of the football club. I won’t say no more.

I said last week that with Robinson in Ireland and said plater flying from America that we shouldn't expect an announcement until today at the earliest, but more likely Monday.

I never said your name did I?

I thought that would be the response. I expected nothing else!

He is doing more than one thing at the football club, and his focus and attentions are on more than one thing. So because of this, it’s somewhat taking it’s toll, all his energy should be going into management, not other aspects of the football club. I won’t say no more.

So is that his fault, the boards, or the fact that others are not doing their jobs properly.

Yes but you could also argue if the board want promotion they haven't employed a head of recruitment for transfers to get the players over the like. I understand that there is bigger clubs in this league but if we don't try and compete with these we will never achieve being a top 30 club.
I get that but KR gets frustrated every window that we miss out on certain players
Surely we know what we can offer ,perhaps with a little bit of leeway but that offer should be put to the player and give him say a week to make up his mind. If he says no ,fine we move on to target no.2 but KR shouldn’t be frustrated by this.
My belief is we give players too long ,we court them,think we might get a deal, only to find out three weeks later they have gone elsewhere then everyone Is frustrated and we might be too late for target no.2

Yep KR is tipping himself over the Edge right now but at least he's had a good holiday if that helps the club 😳😳😳

Or, and this is quite a revelation I know, we have had a s**t window and are just not moving effectively (a recurring theme) and Robbo is thoroughly pissed off with it now and is saying exactly that.

It doesn't have to be a grand plan, he could be saying what we can all see.

Talk of Top 30 is absolutely laughable.

I reckon we will sneak into the top 30 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom