Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Due diligence is key, Mr. Left Boot.

As a lesson don’t be fooled by the addition of a hashtag and some shouty klaxons! It doesn’t make it true. Look, here’s a rumour I started earlier. I’ve explored this in more detail, below.

[emoji599] TRANSFER UPDATE [emoji599]

Oxford United are looking to bring in a really sexy, cute and hunky full back.

This comes following key departures in that area of the side for the Yellows.

Karl Robinson is looking towards the loan market because he thinks you can get a much more sultry looking defender with a really intriguing personality and who is a lovely guy.

#OUFC #Sexy #Yummy #ConvertMeToFullBack #UsedToBeAWinger #NotAnymore #MuchMoreYummyThanSeanClare

EDIT: If this fooled you, I made this rumour up. I actually changed the words from the real rumour of ‘cute and hunky winger’ to ‘cute and hunky full back’.

If you want to let him know we've already got the perfect song to serenade him with, then I'm sure that'll see the deal over the line.

Oh Nicky, you're so fine
You're so fine, you blow my mind
Hey Nicky, hey Nicky

If I couldn’t make the Barry Manilow/Westlife hit ‘Mandy’ stick for Andy Crosby 20 years ago, then you can’t have this one either!

Seeing as you asked (adapted for his departure):

🎶
Oh Andy
Well you came
And you gave without taking
But I sent you away (to Scunthorpe)
Oh Andy
You scored penalties
And stopped us conceding
And I need you today
Oh Andy

🎶

You're welcome.

Derby bring in 6 further players, maybe the first game is where we'll be the ones looking thred bare not Derby?

Due diligence is key, Mr. Left Boot.

As a lesson don’t be fooled by the addition of a hashtag and some shouty klaxons! It doesn’t make it true. Look, here’s a rumour I started earlier. I’ve explored this in more detail, below.

[emoji599] TRANSFER UPDATE [emoji599]

Oxford United are looking to bring in a really sexy, cute and hunky full back.

This comes following key departures in that area of the side for the Yellows.

Karl Robinson is looking towards the loan market because he thinks you can get a much more sultry looking defender with a really intriguing personality and who is a lovely guy.

#OUFC #Sexy #Yummy #ConvertMeToFullBack #UsedToBeAWinger #NotAnymore #MuchMoreYummyThanSeanClare

EDIT: If this fooled you, I made this rumour up. I actually changed the words from the real rumour of ‘cute and hunky winger’ to ‘cute and hunky full back’.
You had me there I thought George Baldock was signing for us again!!

Looks is if it was made too late (why?) or too low (?)
At least if we don't sign him we can say look at the calibre of players we were in for (having never seen him play!).
Was it made too late or too low, or was it all we could afford. Strange really as the budget is meant to be extremely healthy and no one has come in that would dent that budget. Like a batsman going the through the motions of a stroke after he has already been bowled.

Was it made too late or too low, or was it all we could afford. Strange really as the budget is meant to be extremely healthy and no one has come in that would dent that budget. Like a batsman going the through the motions of a stroke after he has already been bowled.
Yep..it's quite simple. You identify the players you most want, you make them the best offer you possibly can, and go from there. If things align, they come

We are in panic mode now I sense as we keep getting blown out again and again. The Karl whinge about the money being flashed elsewhere. Twitchy bum time as the season approaches and you realise you've spent more time emailing season ticket holders than meeting targets in person..

But you can tell the fans you tried at least. And most will lap that up.

Yep..it's quite simple. You identify the players you most want, you make them the best offer you possibly can, and go from there. If things align, they come

We are in panic mode now I sense as we keep getting blown out again and again. The Karl whinge about the money being flashed elsewhere. Twitchy bum time as the season approaches and you realise you've spent more time emailing season ticket holders than meeting targets in person..

To be fair to you, you do make a good point here. Him bringing up that the other day in his Oxford Mail interview did annoy me.

Hopefully if/when we sign some of the targets we have, he will pipe down on that front as they certainly won’t be cheap either. He’s being backed massively by the board. Not only in terms of budget but he’s got his training ground wish with nearly £2 million pounds worth of works there this summer.

Why, if recruitment starts months earlier, are no players not through the door. I cant believe it's all being saved for some big announcement, as much as I cant believe we have been blown out by so many players, if the budget was so healthy. Some teams get the green light and bring in 6/7, now that's what planning is all about, not sitting down in March and thinking he's good, ah and him, and then when push comes to shove they are not signed. Are we being outbid wages wise, as not all players have gone to bigger clubs for bigger wages. And when does the Azerbaijan transfer window open, to allow this guy to sign?

Only lap it up, some endorse it

I'm going to start planning my lunch breaks like Robinson plans transfer windows.
In the days leading up to my lunch break, I won't think at all about what I might want to eat. Only when my 30 minutes start will I come up with a list of options, make a decision, go to the shops, make it then eat it.

To be fair to you, you do make a good point here. Him bringing up that the other day in his Oxford Mail interview did annoy me.

Hopefully if/when we sign some of the targets we have, he will pipe down on that front as they certainly won’t be cheap either. He’s being backed massively by the board. Not only in terms of budget but he’s got his training ground wish with nearly £2 million pounds worth of works there this summer.
Don’t forget the new friends and family lounge at the stadium. Rumour has it there’s a Nespresso machine and everything.

It’s his get out of jail card! Said the same thing last season.

It’s obviously true at all levels that other clubs/businesses will pay/bid higher, but we hear things from Karl that he’s backed by the board and there’s plenty of money about etc, but then hear comments like this which don’t really need to be said or add up.

It’s also interesting that we want to be a top 30 club, so I guess to do that you’ve got to be paying/bidding fairly high, so when you hear these rumours about us being in for certain players (I won’t say wow players) that ultimately don’t materialise for one reason or another when you’ve made these aspirations public, then I think it’s only natural that people will challenge/ask questions/have dealt etc

I’m also not naive enough to know we’re not going to win every race we go in for, but it certainly feels like we lose more than we win.

Whatever we can offer in transfer fees, it still depends upon wages and whilst we are hamstrung on this issue by FFP due to our benefactor, kassam, we will continue to lose out on our main targets.

This entire thread

fRzKC7.gif

Paying lip service to the fans is one thing, and he can get away with that as many times as he likes...

But I'm sure that won't wash with the board?!

In which case, if his intentions were to "act quickly" and make some "wow signings"... And has failed... Then his days may well be numbered.

Also should be said that we've been in discussion with ~3 players and there is nothing to suggest they have fallen through, and we all know that these things can sometimes take time.

I'm still waiting on tender hooks for something to materialise... But I'm not quite ready to throw KR to the lions... Just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom