Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks is if it was made too late (why?) or too low (?)
At least if we don't sign him we can say look at the calibre of players we were in for (having never seen him play!).
Have you ever paid full price for a car or paid a deposit just because a sales person tells you it’s going to go tomorrow if you don’t? Lots of people do. In football terms they are the ones who get what they want but at the very high risk of over stretching themselves. With this strategy also comes an immense pressure to win.

We probably had a top end figure of what we’re prepared to pay him and contribute towards the agent’s pension for doing f*ck all. But if you go to that figure from the off you are just a sheet of paper they can take around town looking to beat. Far better off to leave yourself room to negotiate in the very likely event they ask for more.

No right answer as every deal will be different. But if we’re back in for him today it’s because the agent feels the door is still ajar.

Sometimes the ‘take it or leave it’ approach is effective as well but that’s a bit easier when dealing with clubs rather than players/agents.

Last edited:
Presume there are still people, companies and perhaps players who will never get what they were owed by Derby going into administration? Seeing them splash the cash now must be pretty galling for them.
Sounds like their squad will have more time to gel before our fixture too with them having actually made signings they didn't already have last season.

There’s making a bid and there ‘s making a bid. Would be intriguing to know whether it was good enough bid or an unrealistic token gesture or somewhere in between.

If it was good/close I wonder what the difference could be for the player make the decision!

I see Derby have been busy, thought we had a good chance in our first game but not so sure now

I wouldn't break the bank on Cadden, personally.

Yeah, I don't think I would either.

He's a better version of Steve Seddon no doubt. But our problems last season were almost exclusively defensive (noone scored more goals than us). And I'm just not sure that Cadden does much to fix that.

There seems to be a point of view that having a full season of Gorrin is enough of a defensive fix. And he'll help, no doubt, but he can't do it all on his own.

I'd love to see us recruit a really good defender to play left back (as well as the CB that is hopefully going to be announced soon). Doesn't have to be someone flashy. A 2022 League One version of Joe Skarz would be fine.

There’s making a bid and there ‘s making a bid. Would be intriguing to know whether it was good enough bid or an unrealistic token gesture or somewhere in between.

If it was good/close I wonder what the difference could be for the player make the decision!

Let's wait and see the outcome of our bids before we get carried away in over analysing what might have gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom