Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He talked about us playing three at the back but when McNally went seemed to suggest that idea was now dead. That's what I find strange.
And me!! You can't abandon a way of playing based on the sale of one player. You need to be 100% flexible and bring in a replacement who is comfortable in a 3 or 4, such players do exist!!

Mate of mine is an AFCW fan. Said he was excellent until Christmas. Then appeared to have his head turned by transfer chat and was very poor second half of the season. Wasn't sorry to see him go.
I can vouch for that - I'm reasonably local to Wimbledon and know a few fans and someone on the operating board. They did indeed think he was poor after Christmas, even lost his starting place at one point and that in a poor team!

A lot of fans aren't convinced he's a defender and to quote someone on their forum (given the Guinness part of his name), "that's not the left-back you're looking for".

A similar question about Shrewsbury was posted on the League 1 forum. This is a reply from a Shrews fan…

We’ve always have had money in the bank club which fans of other clubs don’t always realise. Roland Wycherley has been chairman at the club since 1996 but there’s talk he might be stepping down in the next couple of seasons but wants to leave the club as a Championship club which is what he promised us Salop fans.

A lot of us didn’t want to leave Gay Meadow back in 2007, but we knew we had to in order to progress. Roland promised us that by us moving, he’ll get us in the Championship in the new stadium.

We’re one of the few clubs in the football league that not only own their own stadium and the land around it, but we turn a a profit virtually every single year as well as having zero debt. We’re extremely well run.

This season we’ve made no secret that we want to be pushing for promotion, as can be seen with the quality of signings and money we’re throwing (all of which we can afford unlike 99% of other clubs).

I have no idea how accurate this information is, but it might go some way to explaining why Shrewsbury are suddenly splashing the cash.
They did that 2 seasons running a few years ago and it never worked.

What I can’t understand is this money in the bank, if it’s money from income earned by the club that’s all well and good but if it’s money that their owner has placed them surely if they use that to buy their way out of L1 then that would be breaching FFP surely.

Disappointing about Cadden but thought we had moved on with that one, that's why the club tried to get Greg Leigh and now they’re looking at a young LB from the prem. It’s football, we reassess, keep calm and carry on.

Just to add to the overall intrigue of any doubters it hasn’t gone unnoticed that KR has been bigging-up Sedds recently. Wise words or just his way of damping down expectations till the ink dries on our newly acquired targets contract!

I still have confidence [hell yeah] in our recruitment process and fully expect many new and exciting players will be arriving here in the coming days and weeks.

And I hope we’ve lined up at least one replacement for Cam’s departure later this month.

You asked if I'd bet on Oxford getting promoted, and I had. I'll also get you a £100 bet towards Oxford United in the Community that Cam does not leave this summer. I'll even give you 2 to 1. You put up £100 if he stays and I'll put up £200 if he goes. Deal?

You asked if I'd bet on Oxford getting promoted, and I had. I'll also get you a £100 bet towards Oxford United in the Community that Cam does not leave this summer. I'll even give you 2 to 1. You put up £100 if he stays and I'll put up £200 if he goes. Deal?
Wow this is big money stakes you and I have a tenner on it, but I am a pensioner 😀

They did that 2 seasons running a few years ago and it never worked.

What I can’t understand is this money in the bank, if it’s money from income earned by the club that’s all well and good but if it’s money that their owner has placed them surely if they use that to buy their way out of L1 then that would be breaching FFP surely.
FFP is guff. If a load of rich Middle Eastern "businessmen" (Wigan) waft the notes, the league lap it up.

So the chance to earn the same money , train at equally good facilities and play in a great Stadium where the actual glory of the job is wouldn't play any factor ...I'm pretty sure it does but of course just one factor .
So for sake of argument MK Dons have a great stadium are you really saying a player is going to go there instead of us just because of the stadium…………………… wait a moment Holland ( on lower salary)and the Irish lad Burns have chosen them over us
I take it all back, the Stadium is everything, just think what we can do in 4 years if we move to SB 😀

Blimey Scotch me old mate, if you ever think of throwing in those Keys and becoming a Bookie can you let me know straight away :)

Reading the whole article I think KR is trying to manage everyone’s expectations. He seems to be saying we’ve increased our budget but still won’t be competing with the big clubs and need to be a bit more clever with how we do things. I suppose it explains the lack of movement so far. On the plus side he still sounds very positive about the upcoming season
I've learnt to take absolutely no notice of anything KR says.

So for sake of argument MK Dons have a great stadium are you really saying a player is going to go there instead of us just because of the stadium…………………… wait a moment Holland ( on lower salary)and the Irish lad Burns have chosen them over us
I take it all back, the Stadium is everything, just think what we can do in 4 years if we move to SB 😀
I honestly think Holland feels he has a better chance of playing more regularly there. He was a bit part player here (rightly so in my view) and I imagine he wants game time.

Its not just the Stadium being a much , much more appealing place to play than our Kass Stad (fence end a specialty ) on its on but just if all other factors are equal then it could tip it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom