Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
good news regarding Moore. Solid enough league one defender, however I’d like to see him add more goals to his game. He’s not much of a threat in the oppositions box and that’s definitely something he needs to work on

We just need to try and get a settled team. Moore is a really good defender at League 1 level and McNally has so much potential. Get another top quality Left sided CB and wing-backs to play with them. The problem last season was too much chopping and changing due to injuries/recalls etc...
Who was recalled? Apart from Thorniley

We just need to try and get a settled team. Moore is a really good defender at League 1 level and McNally has so much potential. Get another top quality Left sided CB and wing-backs to play with them. The problem last season was too much chopping and changing due to injuries/recalls etc...
We need numbers for this. As it was half the reason we were chopping and changing was because an injury somewhere meant a massive reshuffle, we could lose a centre back and suddenly we've got a winger playing as full back. We've got to get this right this season, we got away with it the couple of season prior but this year it bit us in the a**e, I only hope lessons have been learned.

Who was recalled? Apart from Thorniley
Precisely. The issue was absolutely no depth or cover, meaning that a single defender being injured or suspended resulted in practically the entire backline having to shuffle across or switch sides entirely, rather than one player slotting into an otherwise settled unit.

Completely unnecessary and entirely man made failings that cost a top six place.

We need numbers for this. As it was half the reason we were chopping and changing was because an injury somewhere meant a massive reshuffle, we could lose a centre back and suddenly we've got a winger playing as full back. We've got to get this right this season, we got away with it the couple of season prior but this year it bit us in the a**e, I only hope lessons have been learned.
Yes that's what I meant.

Precisely. The issue was absolutely no depth or cover, meaning that a single defender being injured or suspended resulted in practically the entire backline having to shuffle across or switch sides entirely, rather than one player slotting into an otherwise settled unit.

Completely unnecessary and entirely man made failings that cost a top six place.
Yes, which is more or less what I meant in reply. The squad building was imbalanced and inadequate from the start and for some reason didn't get addressed in January either.

Would take a punt on Kyle Hudlin, just scored for Solihull in the playoff final. At 6 ft 9 he's the tallest player in the top 5 divisions in English football, not slow either. Would certainly offer us something a bit different up top although no chance Hot Dog Eales would do us any favours!

If we get a third striker I hope he's something different to Taylor and Baldock
Not strong enough on the ball and looks like Bambi in possession. Put the ball on his head and he will win the header - but he's 6"9" so that's the least we should expect. No great talent on the ground. Will go up to a club higher than SHM as a squad player - he'll be great for Defensive unit to work against when doing Corner/Freekick training sessions.

Fear not, plenty under consideration- Holland, Barker, Whyte and O'Dowda!

As much as it pains me to say this, I think O’Dowda would provide more strength in depth. Would the fans really want him back? That’s another question. For me, I wouldn’t want him back again. Not because of how he left, but because I genuinely think we can do better, and it’s likely he will see Oxford as a stepping stone - again.

Whyte, for me, was very unlucky last season. If luck had gone his way, he could have ended with 15+ goals. He’s very much a confidence player, and if he gets going, there will be no stopping him. I’d like him back on a permanent deal.

Holland, I’m not sold on. Physically, he’s too lightweight and he’s bullied off the ball, too often for my liking. There is a talent there, but are we the club to bring it out of him?

Barker, for all of his flare, pace, and match- winning qualities, just doesn’t have enough discipline on the defensive side of things for me to trust him to stay switched on, for a whole 90 minutes. If we are set on going 3-5-2. I would much prefer him to be used primarily as a CAM, in behind Baldock and Taylor.

Based on the above, it’s Barker and Whyte for me.

As much as it pains me to say this, I think O’Dowda would provide more strength in depth. Would the fans really want him back? That’s another question. For me, I wouldn’t want him back again. Not because of how he left, but because I genuinely think we can do better, and it’s likely he will see Oxford as a stepping stone - again.

Whyte, for me, was very unlucky last season. If luck had gone his way, he could have ended with 15+ goals. He’s very much a confidence player, and if he gets going, there will be no stopping him. I’d like him back on a permanent deal.

Holland, I’m not sold on. Physically, he’s too lightweight and he’s bullied off the ball, too often for my liking. There is a talent there, but are we the club to bring it out of him?

Barker, for all of his flare, pace, and match- winning qualities, just doesn’t have enough discipline on the defensive side of things for me to trust him to stay switched on, for a whole 90 minutes. If we are set on going 3-5-2. I would much prefer him to be used primarily as a CAM, in behind Baldock and Taylor.

Based on the above, it’s Barker and Whyte for me.
Would have to agree with you but my sources tell me we’ve offered Holland a deal and he’s turned down another league one club already.

We need some more pace so Whyte and Barker best out of those but surely someone else is coming in that we haven’t heard of!?

Anyone else know of any potential ‘hidden gems' in the lower leagues worth taking a punt on?

Some new names being mentioned that could possibly make the step up:

Corey O’Keefe-Rochdale RB
Jamie Sterry-Hartlepool RB
Callum MacDonald-Tranmere LB
Max Hudson-St Albans LB
Toby Mullarkey-Altrincham RCB
Tom Bradbury-FC Halifax LCB
Brendan Wiredu-Colchester CM
Luke Molyneux-Hartlepool LW
Brandon Thomas-Asante-Salford ST

Would have to agree with you but my sources tell me we’ve offered Holland a deal and he’s turned down another league one club already.

We need some more pace so Whyte and Barker best out of those but surely someone else is coming in that we haven’t heard of!?

I really wouldn’t be disappointed it Holland joined us on a permanent deal. I think if he’s here, and he knows his future is sorted, he can/will push on with his development. KR loves a winger, and he’s clearly got a soft-spot for Holland. I hope he can bulk up and add a bit more muscle to his physique. If he can add that extra bit of physicality and aggression to his game, he will be a very good player!

Have you heard anything else re incomings?

I really wouldn’t be disappointed it Holland joined us on a permanent deal. I think if he’s here, and he knows his future is sorted, he can/will push on with his development. KR loves a winger, and he’s clearly got a soft-spot for Holland. I hope he can bulk up and add a bit more muscle to his physique. If he can add that extra bit of physicality and aggression to his game, he will be a very good player!

Have you heard anything else re incomings?
If Holland signs, the remaining veneer of faith in KR I have will disintegrate.

He’d be as good as sacking himself with a signing like that, in my opinion.

Anyone else know of any potential ‘hidden gems' in the lower leagues worth taking a punt on?

Some new names being mentioned that could possibly make the step up:

Corey O’Keefe-Rochdale RB
Jamie Sterry-Hartlepool RB
Callum MacDonald-Tranmere LB
Max Hudson-St Albans LB
Toby Mullarkey-Altrincham RCB
Tom Bradbury-FC Halifax LCB
Brendan Wiredu-Colchester CM
Luke Molyneux-Hartlepool LW
Brandon Thomas-Asante-Salford ST
The number of double-barrelled players names is getting ridiculous now.
They must struggle to fit 'Thomas Asante Salford' on the back of his shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom