Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as long as KR actually plays him there rather than on the left as he did for the first half of last season. Hopefully he’s realised that’s not effective.
He just needs more practice there!! Karl play someone in their actual position when there is an opportunity to be super clever and tactix Come.On!

This time last year, many of us were stressing how much we needed a CB.
Again, I think this is a priority. Especially, now that we've been deploying WBs.

Question; how do Spasov & O'Donkor compare? Pace, height finishing...

We’ve got about 16 first teamers under contract from last year and are likely working hard to keep 4 more. This does not equal a rebuild.

It also puts us in an excellent position to finish in a similar position. Little risk of us having a bad year, but to be competing at the very top of the division we will need to nail the remaining places. Having a comparatively settled squad will help us to focus the budget, but KR has to address his squad balance shortcomings in those same gaps.

Macauley Bonne linked not sure how reliable the account is

If he comes here, I might be tempted to get out the pork sword with excitement.

Fantastic striker, and has great movement, awareness, and can finish. With our midfield, he will get the service. That should equal goals (lots of them).

Thank goodness someone said it! We finished miles off the pace in the end and with some very strong teams down, we need to be bold or we will finish even further back.

New centre back
New left back
Another tough tackler in midfield
A big lump up front
As a minimum
I hope this Asa Minimum fella is better than Asa Hall...

Seems harsh. Was a match winner for us on more than one occasion. He’s a player that needs some attention and some refining but isn’t far away from being a real top end player at this level. We’re the perfect club for a player like that. He needs to settle down and earn a regular spot in the side and I think he’s fully capable. I think he’s a great option and done enough to stay. I’d take him permanently all day.
Harsh? Sure, if you think professional football isn’t.

Holland has had some moments. They’re memorable because they happen so infrequently. He was a passenger in nearly all the games he played in. I saw no progression last season, at all.

My frustration with a signing like this isn’t specifically Holland (although I really don’t rate him), but rather it would be so typical of KR. NH cannot be relied upon to give consistency at a high enough level to play a critical part of a L1 automatic promotion side. You may think differently.

I want to see the glaring errors of last season rectified, not continued. If NH signs, all I am saying is that I fear it would bode poorly for the transfer window to come, the teams chances of promotion and, by inference, for KR’s job prospects.

Cue shouts of ‘nonsense’, ‘not a supporter’ and ‘leave my Karl/Nathan/et al alone’.

If he comes here, I might be tempted to get out the pork sword with excitement.

Fantastic striker, and has great movement, awareness, and can finish. With our midfield, he will get the service. That should equal goals (lots of them).
If you ask Ipswich fans they will agree with your comments, up until Xmas at least. Thereafter his form dropped completely, his confidence plummeted and he couldn‘t hit a bulls a**e with a banjo.

Harsh? Sure, if you think professional football isn’t.

Holland has had some moments. They’re memorable because they happen so infrequently. He was a passenger in nearly all the games he played in. I saw no progression last season, at all.

My frustration with a signing like this isn’t specifically Holland (although I really don’t rate him), but rather it would be so typical of KR. NH cannot be relied upon to give consistency at a high enough level to play a critical part of a L1 automatic promotion side. You may think differently.

I want to see the glaring errors of last season rectified, not continued. If NH signs, all I am saying is that I fear it would bode poorly for the transfer window to come, the teams chances of promotion and, by inference, for KR’s job prospects.

Cue shouts of ‘nonsense’, ‘not a supporter’ and ‘leave my Karl/Nathan/et al alone’.
Does he need to play a critical part? Holland has potential and would likely come in as a secondary winger option looking to impact games off of the bench whilst developing more consistency. I can’t really see a lot of downside to that and if those flashes you mention become more frequent then he becomes a real asset. Seems pretty risk free to me.

If Holland signs, the remaining veneer of faith in KR I have will disintegrate.

He’d be as good as sacking himself with a signing like that, in my opinion.

Or, having worked with a player for 18 months, maybe Karl Robinson just knows more about him than OxfordYankee. He might even know more about the finances of the deal, might know more about about Oxford transfer plan this summer and, shockingly, might have an idea of how he wants the squad to look next season.

I’m not overly keen on Holland and KR is by no means immune to criticism, but that post laughably arrogant and good to see it met with derision from most.

Or, having worked with a player for 18 months, maybe Karl Robinson just knows more about him than OxfordYankee. He might even know more about the finances of the deal, might know more about about Oxford transfer plan this summer and, shockingly, might have an idea of how he wants the squad to look next season.

I’m not overly keen on Holland and KR is by no means immune to criticism, but that post laughably arrogant and good to see it met with derision from most.

We’ll likely have Bodin and Browne as principal options for 10/wing and I don’t think there’s any danger of KR not wanting a stand-out winger (Whyte most likely). We’ll still have Williams too. Holland wouldn’t be a make or break signing in the manner the centre back signing could be, so it’s an ideal opportunity to invest in a young attacker with potential without breaking the bank, whether that’s Holland or someone else.

Flattery will get you nowhere!

"Might if we have more luck" is not a sound strategy. Ever.
Might if we have more left backs. Might if we have more right backs. Might if we have more centre backs. Might if we have more ball winners. Might if we have a target man.

Might if we have 7 wingers and 2 of them turn out to be world class.

Does he need to play a critical part? Holland has potential and would likely come in as a secondary winger option looking to impact games off of the bench whilst developing more consistency. I can’t really see a lot of downside to that and if those flashes you mention become more frequent then he becomes a real asset. Seems pretty risk free to me.
Without wishing to comment on individual players, if you view a player as just a back up/squad player then you have your answer.

I beg to differ.

It will demonstrate to me that he hasn’t learnt. And he needs to, because if he doesn’t and the same production is played out in front of us, he will be sacked, and rightfully so.

Just my ‘overstated’ opinion.
The supporters on here seem.pretty divided over whether they would have Holland and many would as back up to Browne.
So on that basis it seems a little extreme to me for you to suggest that KR will be saved due to this.
If he gets 6 quality signings alongside the decent squad we already have would you think the same?

The supporters on here seem.pretty divided over whether they would have Holland and many would as back up to Browne.
So on that basis it seems a little extreme to me for you to suggest that KR will be saved due to this.
If he gets 6 quality signings alongside the decent squad we already have would you think the same?
Of course. Holland isn't of the level, though.

Just the opinion of a man on the internet

A conversation for the eve of our first game of the season I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom