Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that KR emphasises the culture of the club and getting players who want to play for us. Generally most players who leave speak well of their time here. Eg Thornilley who was spotted with our fans at an away game after he had left, Kane also has spoken about how much he enjoyed being here

If we take last seasons big hitters Sheffield Weds,Ipswich,Pompey,Charlton and Bolton and of course Wycombe and who came down they all have bigger budgets than us but did they buy the right players who gelled with the squad and play for the club?

If you take a club like Man Utd who throw millions at top players but all they actually get is eleven very good players who don’t work as a team you can see where I’m going.
If we have been speaking to players like Cadden who have turned us down in the past I would forget them and look for someone who will want to play for us straight away and not dither

We need the likes of Marcus Browne who feels wanted here. I have a suspicion we may go for Whyte who was tremendous for us first time round but now lacks confidence, but by coming back and signing for us would boost that confidence.Sam Baldock is another who has been made to feel welcome and I think will do well.
We showed last year that we were almost good enough to compete at the top table
,a few decent signings,but not spectacular ones ,mostly in defence and we might get there.

I think that KR emphasises the culture of the club and getting players who want to play for us. Generally most players who leave speak well of their time here. Eg Thornilley who was spotted with our fans at an away game after he had left, Kane also has spoken about how much he enjoyed being here

If we take last seasons big hitters Sheffield Weds,Ipswich,Pompey,Charlton and Bolton and of course Wycombe and who came down they all have bigger budgets than us but did they buy the right players who gelled with the squad and play for the club?

If you take a club like Man Utd who throw millions at top players but all they actually get is eleven very good players who don’t work as a team you can see where I’m going.
If we have been speaking to players like Cadden who have turned us down in the past I would forget them and look for someone who will want to play for us straight away and not dither

We need the likes of Marcus Browne who feels wanted here. I have a suspicion we may go for Whyte who was tremendous for us first time round but now lacks confidence, but by coming back and signing for us would boost that confidence.Sam Baldock is another who has been made to feel welcome and I think will do well.
,a few decent signings,but not spectacular ones ,mostly in defence and we might get there.
Said for a long time that we should have a Timeline for players to sign by or else move on, with contracts up 30th June set to 15th July to Sign.

As i've explained before the domino effect leads to delay after delay and then if target chooses elsewhere you find yourself stagnant and looking for 3rd 4th choice targets or Loans.

I doubt they will all have bigger budgets now.

By the way, Oxford United is a professional football club not a social gathering. I'd prefer players who were determined to win rather than have a lovely time.

By the way, Oxford United is a professional football club not a social gathering. I'd prefer players who were determined to win rather than have a lovely time.
You miss my point Paul
What you get when a player is happy is a much improved performance week in week out, same as any walk of life.
Take Brannagan for example he could have gone to Blackpool if he had kicked up a stink, but he chose to stay and finish the job and now we hear he might get an improved contract from us and who knows, he may be here for another year. He wouldn’t do that if he wasn’t happy.
Of course we are a professional football club, but don’t know about you but I’ve worked for some professional companies who haven’t treated me well and others where I’ve taken less money but have been extremely happy

Forde is too easily overlooked. Would really suit a shape change to 352.
Overlooked by the fans or the manager? Because he didn't feature the backend of last season, and it was a surprise he got a new deal considering he wasn't playing or getting in matchday squads.

Being happy where you work is a big thing for many people under 30, and one of the biggest reasons why people leave jobs is through being dissatisfied (that and money). Knowing that other players have had positive experiences at a certain club or under a certain manager can help new signings to come through the door and retain existing ones.

Also, I don't think being 'professional' and 'having a lovely time' are polar opposites, for example, Liverpool are one of the best-drilled sides out there, but their players seem to have a good, happy relationship with their manager and staff.

Liverpool are one of the best-drilled sides out there, but their players seem to have a good, happy relationship with their manager and staff.

I’m sure winning trophies and competing at the top end of the table helps a hell of lot with that too.

Overlooked by the fans or the manager? Because he didn't feature the backend of last season, and it was a surprise he got a new deal considering he wasn't playing or getting in matchday squads.
Both really but mainly KR. I think he’s the best crosser of a ball at the club and whilst he isn’t a defender, he’s not a bad one. His CV is everything we want and he’s already integrated in the squad/area.

Just wonder whether we’ll be looking for something we already have in the building.

Both really but mainly KR. I think he’s the best crosser of a ball at the club and whilst he isn’t a defender, he’s not a bad one. His CV is everything we want and he’s already integrated in the squad/area.

Just wonder whether we’ll be looking for something we already have in the building.
Not a bad point this. Forde was second choice RB at the start of last season, and Williams had to fill in there. But now we know the 3-5-2 is a likely option, we have all pre-season to hone the tactics of that formation and press those guys to learn the RWB position. I think Williams in particular would be a great fit for it.

Being happy where you work is a big thing for many people under 30, and one of the biggest reasons why people leave jobs is through being dissatisfied (that and money). Knowing that other players have had positive experiences at a certain club or under a certain manager can help new signings to come through the door and retain existing ones.

Also, I don't think being 'professional' and 'having a lovely time' are polar opposites, for example, Liverpool are one of the best-drilled sides out there, but their players seem to have a good, happy relationship with their manager and staff.
I think we generally have a good spirit, which can help the players to give that bit more and maybe get a late goal. It’s pretty essential, I’d imagine, not just a dainty little extra thing

KR knows he can't mess up this time round and needs to be around the top 6 by Xmas or it will be bye bye and we will be looking for a new manager as I don't think the new board will be messing around with the money they are pumping into the club
Do we know that KR is going to get a bigger budget than last season is that speculation and some wishful thinking?
Has the board declared their intention? Which would be unusual as they have been very circumspect on funding in recent years.

Do we know that KR is going to get a bigger budget than last season is that speculation and some wishful thinking?
Has the board declared their intention? Which would be unusual as they have been very circumspect on funding in recent years.
New owners who have said they would like promotion within a couple of seasons with this being the 2nd season so I would imagine and as other have alluded to on here there is a bigger budget this coming season.

New owners who have said they would like promotion within a couple of seasons with this being the 2nd season so I would imagine and as other have alluded to on here there is a bigger budget this coming season.
Bigger Budget does not necessarily mean you can target the next level up, more likely that the same players in the pool want a little more to cover extra costs.

Bigger Budget does not necessarily mean you can target the next level up, more likely that the same players in the pool want a little more to cover extra costs.
Well, they've got £400 from the government, what more do they want!!?

Steven Fletcher released by Stoke, I know his wages would be too high. But he's exactly what we need!

Steven Fletcher released by Stoke, I know his wages would be too high. But he's exactly what we need!

He's 35 now, and was mostly used off the bench last season.

Doubt he's going to get a massive contract any more......but equally doubt he'll want to move down south for the first time in his career for a smaller one.

He's 35 now, and was mostly used off the bench last season.

Doubt he's going to get a massive contract any more......but equally doubt he'll want to move down south for the first time in his career for a smaller one.
He went down south to Marseille and were a bigger pull than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom