Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pulled up and was holding his left hamstring before he went off on Saturday. Hopefully just tightness / really bad cramp rather than anything more. This is the risk with players who haven’t played in ages and haven’t had a proper pre-season - they’re constantly tired and fatigued while playing catch up and that means you’re on eggshells.
Re Murphy ^^^

Oh Ok, blimey that’s obscure. ‘Disgruntled dads’.
Or mums.

I’m going to make a guess…Mac Masters released this summer. I think he has family involved at EB charging. I think HM is his relative.

I have no actual info and is purely inference

Jesus, I didn’t get that one and I went to school with HM.

I don’t think his absences were due to injury, however

I’d say not being right off the pitch to play would come under the ‘not fit’ banner however you wanna spin it. Brannagan is a far more reliable player than Murphy in the last few years. Fact

Suppose you think it was a good idea to play Baldock at Oxford City on a plastic pitch after just recovering from a bad knee injury too?

at 2-0 down on Tuesday some were saying Murphy should be playing. just a few short hours later we now read, should not have been rushed etc etc.

But they weren't higher risk for injury which is what is being levelled at KR.
You obviously don’t understand, so I’ll explain it for you.

Wildschut and Murphy were not injury prone players when they signed, and nobody is saying they were.

But they were NOT MATCH FIT, or even at the same stage of pre season or level of fitness as the rest of the squad, so should have been given more time away from the pitch, in order to get themselves up to the level of fitness required to step onto a football pitch.

KR neglected to do this, and threw them in immediately, and they’ve both immediately got injuries that look to have robbed us of two highly talented wingers for the first few months of our season.

That’s not bad luck, it’s naive stupidity from our manager.

And it’s not negativity for highlighting these issues, it’s simply telling it how it is.

And then there’s Jones…
And then there’s Baldock…
And then there’s Bodin….
And then there’s Browne…
And then there’s Gorrin…

Surely you understand people’s concerns?

But they weren't higher risk for injury which is what is being levelled at KR.
No one had said it’s levelled necessarily at KR, but actually at the way the back room team, fitness coaches etc… must manage them and advise on fitness levels.

They might well not be higher risk for injury as such, but when rushed into action without a proper pre season, adequate work and minutes on the training ground etc… that’s where the problem often lies it seems. But all the positives won’t dare criticise or vent any frustration, oh no that wouldn’t be right now would it!!

As has been explained, Murphy and Wildschut were not massive gambles for injuries based on prior history.

I think signing players who haven’t been playing regularly can be a risk, but Murphy was an 11m player and if he’d been playing we couldn’t have afforded him. There are certainly some here who just love it when anything goes wrong
People don't love it its just very frustrating.

No one had said it’s levelled necessarily at KR, but actually at the way the back room team, fitness coaches etc… must manage them and advise on fitness levels.

They might well not be higher risk for injury as such, but when rushed into action without a proper pre season, adequate work and minutes on the training ground etc… that’s where the problem often lies it seems. But all the positives won’t dare criticise or vent any frustration, oh no that wouldn’t be right now would it!!
so i ask at 2-0 on Tuesday why were some saying Murphy should be playing but now say he was rushed.

Maybe people just want to jump on anything which frankly is making this forum boring and tiresome.

Christ, there's some foil hat shite on here tonight!!

Mac Masters mum was connected to EB charging and pulled out of further sponsorship when he was released. I haven't heard one person question him being released, so I think it's fair to say that decision was made purely on football terms. His mum maybe felt aggrieved and promptly pulled the sponsorship deal. That's her choice, but sadly reflects more on her than the club. With all the accusations flying around with Dan Harris leaving then I'd be more concerned if we offered contracts to the sponsors son rather than on football ability.

Josh Murphy had a little tweak of his hamstring and went for a scan as a precaution. The club and player were entirely relaxed about everything and I'd be amazed if we're looking at a week or two rest let alone 3 months. Josh hasn't played much, not due to injuries but being out of favour and not being in a good place with his mental health. He was always going to be eased in and there will be an element of him understanding his body again. He does not have an injury record and is not a crock. He's just a player finding his way back into the game after a really difficult few years.

Maybe we could give the guy a break rather than jump on any half truth, rumour or guesswork in order to have a dig at the club or Robinson?

If true, next Karl will be bemoaning our luck with injuries etc, but if you sign players that have a weakness/long term injury of sorts then that’s the risk you take so I wouldn’t necessarily label it as bad luck. The Yanic signing seemed bad luck, but a number of the others are walking on a tightrope!
Who choses these players, is there no due diligence or are we a club that just gambles and hopes for the best? This is poor recruitment if this latest setback is true, do the board have a look and wonder WTF is going on.
We have serious money that seems to be wasted, we have the best budget we’ve ever had and it’s been wasted.

Christ, there's some foil hat shite on here tonight!!

Mac Masters mum was connected to EB charging and pulled out of further sponsorship when he was released. I haven't heard one person question him being released, so I think it's fair to say that decision was made purely on football terms. His mum maybe felt aggrieved and promptly pulled the sponsorship deal. That's her choice, but sadly reflects more on her than the club. With all the accusations flying around with Dan Harris leaving then I'd be more concerned if we offered contracts to the sponsors son rather than on football ability.

Josh Murphy had a little tweak of his hamstring and went for a scan as a precaution. The club and player were entirely relaxed about everything and I'd be amazed if we're looking at a week or two rest let alone 3 months. Josh hasn't played much, not due to injuries but being out of favour and not being in a good place with his mental health. He was always going to be eased in and there will be an element of him understanding his body again. He does not have an injury record and is not a crock. He's just a player finding his way back into the game after a really difficult few years.

Maybe we could give the guy a break rather than jump on any half truth, rumour or guesswork in order to have a dig at the club or Robinson?

Sorry, should have used CAPITALS or finished with FACT! To make my point better.

Murphy barely kicked a ball last season for reasons which are unknown to me, but all is clearly not well for him to be with us. He is a risky signing. Yanic hasn’t played at this level for several seasons, he is also a risk.

Baldock and Jones have had several seasons where serial injuries have robbed them of playing time. Risky? Yes, at least to me. Worth it? Time will tell.

That’s four of this season’s recruits, each carrying a level of risk that is higher than normal. Keep doing it, as we tend to do, and it is going to burn eventually.
By this theory pretty much every signing is a risk. Jodie Jones is most definitely a risk but it’s one we’ve mitigated with his contract.

To say Murphy and Yanic were risks now having picked up injuries, with the benefit of hindsight, is embarrassing in my opinion and to me, that’s poor support. How can we fall over ourselves with joy when they sign and then when they get an injury or hit poor form we say ‘I knew that would happen. Why did we sign him?’. Stupid in every way. As a fan base those 2 signings embodied everything we wanted to see in this window.

I feel like I say it too much - the club will never, ever win with a handful of our supporters.

You obviously don’t understand, so I’ll explain it for you.

Wildschut and Murphy were not injury prone players when they signed, and nobody is saying they were.

But they were NOT MATCH FIT, or even at the same stage of pre season or level of fitness as the rest of the squad, so should have been given more time away from the pitch, in order to get themselves up to the level of fitness required to step onto a football pitch.

KR neglected to do this, and threw them in immediately, and they’ve both immediately got injuries that look to have robbed us of two highly talented wingers for the first few months of our season.

That’s not bad luck, it’s naive stupidity from our manager.

And it’s not negativity for highlighting these issues, it’s simply telling it how it is.

And then there’s Jones…
And then there’s Baldock…
And then there’s Bodin….
And then there’s Browne…
And then there’s Gorrin…

Surely you understand people’s concerns?

You obviously don't understand, so I'll explain it for you. Nice and patronising whilst also being wrong.

Wildschut and Murphy were not injury prone players when they signed, and nobody is saying they were. I'll explain it for you as some are saying exactly that.

Also, how are they supposed to get match fit without playing in matches? Wildschut was a 2nd half sub in a pre-season game and got pushed when at full stretch which could happen at any time whether they've played only 1 game or 30 games in a row. So talk me through how KR is at fault for a freak combination like that happening?

By this theory pretty much every signing is a risk. Jodie Jones is most definitely a risk but it’s one we’ve mitigated with his contract.

To say Murphy and Yanic were risks now having picked up injuries, with the benefit of hindsight, is embarrassing in my opinion and to me, that’s poor support. As a fan base those 2 signings embodied everything we wanted to see in this window.

I feel like I say it too much - the club will never, ever win with a handful of our supporters.
That last paragraph was truly one of the most pathetic I’ve read on here.

so i ask at 2-0 on Tuesday why were some saying Murphy should be playing but now say he was rushed.

Maybe people just want to jump on anything which frankly is making this forum boring and tiresome.

Well no one knew he was injured long term then did they. How obvious can it be!

It was just cramp after all so we we’re told!

And I don’t think many suggested he should be playing. You’re trying to deliberately offer a counter argument for arguments sake.

Tell the forum, yes or no, are u satisfied with the number of muscular injuries to newly signed up players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom