Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but I reckon we should sign a full back or two next.
You reckon, do you? What gives you the right to reckon anything?

Have more faith in Our Glorious Leader.

There are still some very good players available for loans and plenty of money still in the pot. We have a squad of 18 over age outfield players, so no reason why we won't add to key areas.

I'm still confident that we'll bring in another Striker, RB and attacking midfielder/winger as a minimum.

As with most things in life, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Anyway. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but I reckon we should sign a full back or two next.
-MHH7X.gif

Wildschut has hardly had an injury his entire career and neither has Murphy of any significance. That’s absolute hot air.

The other 3 yes - but they are calculated risks and Bodin has paid off. Baldock hasn’t yet, in my view. The jury is out on Jones but no question it was the correct call to sign him.
Murphy missed around 4 months of last season due to calf and ankle ligament injuries. His loan to Preston was cut short due to that and 'other' issues.
Wildschut has had injuries too. He missed a 3/4 months when on loan at Bolton a few years back. I'm pretty sure he had an ankle operation. Had a hamstring injury whilst playing in Israel more recently. Only kept him out for several weeks though.

Murphy missed around 4 months of last season due to calf and ankle ligament injuries. His loan to Preston was cut short due to that and 'other' issues.
Wildschut has had injuries too. He missed a 3/4 months when on loan at Bolton a few years back. I'm pretty sure he had an ankle operation. Had a hamstring injury whilst playing in Israel more recently. Only kept him out for several weeks though.
You are questioning Karl. Please leave this forum ASAP. Do not pass go. Do not collect 100 pounds.

Cam Brannagan nearly went blind and has had several injuries over the last 4 or 5 years - yet we were all chuffed to f**k when he extended his deal.

Out of interest is that fact and you are an expert or pure speculation?
I’m certainly no expert.

But it’s a fact that they both said themselves that they weren’t match fit.

And it’s a fact that they were both thrown into games when they clearly still weren’t match fit, one of them was even STARTED in a competitive league one game.

And it’s a fact that they are both now injured, after one game.

Not really much room left for speculation I’m afraid.

Wildschut and Murphy were not injury prone players when they signed, and nobody is saying they were. I'll explain it for you as some are saying exactly that.

Further to my expose about Murphy's injury, Wildschut missed 5 weeks last season at CSKA Sofia with hamstring injury.

But that's hardly the point. The 2 players I mention were excellent players 3 or 4 years ago.

Perhaps they'll be the new Winnalls?

That’s just a classic KR excuse to deflect blame from himself when things go tits up, and you’ve lapped it up!

If he didn’t make up some bollox like that, then he’d have to admit his mistake in playing an unfit player a day after signing him, when he wasn’t ready, but we all know that would never happen!

And to answer your question of how are they supposed to get fit without playing in matches, well I would suggest giving them a good week in training first, then easing them into actual matches, which is what preseason is for, not throwing them straight into a game, before they’ve even unpacked their suitcase!

And apologies if I offended you with the first sentence of my post, I was being deliberately provocative, blame it on the heat!

Or you've made your mind up the other way and dismissed the truth.

Apology accepted.(y)

Further to my expose about Murphy's injury, Wildschut missed 5 weeks last season at CSKA Sofia with hamstring injury.

But that's hardly the point. The 2 players I mention were excellent players 3 or 4 years ago.

People were delighted when they signed. But now they’re past it?

So Wildschut missed 5 weeks but played in 45 games in the Bulgarian top flight/Europe and played in internationals in the summer. Agreed they were excellent 3 or 4 years ago.

Josh Murphy wasn't too bad in 20/21 either or the year before in a higher division but the Neil Harris negative football effect must have taken on a full impact like it did with Gavin Whyte last season.

So Wildschut missed 5 weeks but played in 45 games in the Bulgarian top flight/Europe and played in internationals in the summer. Agreed they were excellent 3 or 4 years ago.

Josh Murphy wasn't too bad in 20/21 either or the year before in a higher division but the Neil Harris negative football effect must have taken on a full impact like it did with Gavin Whyte last season.

I suppose we'll see. Nevertheless I'm hoping for promotion this season, not top half, not play-offs.

And you could have called this how? People were creaming when he signed, yes it’s frustrating but sh1t happens…… you seem to thrive on it
I don’t thrive or get any satisfaction when I see our players get injured, but it does seem to be a familiar pattern. We sign someone and they get injured more or less straight away.

Perhaps our training program is too rigorous, but that’s only a guess. It could be a number of things.

I would love to know our ratio of new signings getting injured early in there OUFC careers under KR leadership.

On what basis are people saying Murphy is out for 3 months because he went for a scan?! No official news yet so let’s cast judgement on the lack of foresight and fitness management if and when that’s the case. I’ll admit, I think Robinson has gone all in on some signings this season to finally achieve something as it’s do or die for him this season. If it turns out he’s signed crocks then he’ll definitely pay for it as the money men will not be happy with hundreds of thousands of pounds being flushed down the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom