Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably the 5 UTO mentions will be:

1 left back
1 right back
Jodi Jones
Striker
Centre midfielder or centre back depending on if Davis is an option

By my calculations, 5 in would mean someone is leaving or Mousinho isn't registered.
It may be a case of a CDM who can also drop in at CB. A bit like a more youthful Mous.

1 left back
1 right back
Jodi Jones
Striker

By my calculations, 5 in would mean someone is leaving or Mousinho isn't registered.
Almost certain it would be a CM rather than CB, as with a new first choice RB signing then Long can become more of a consistent option at CB.

1 left back
1 right back
Jodi Jones
Striker

Hope they are big and strong fookers. Last couple of seasons we have been a bit lite weight imo.

In regard to transfers it's all coming together now, after a few hiccups, so expect to see some announcements shortly. Not going to name names, but they've been mentioned on here and some are "in the building" while others are close.

Sorry if that sounds vague, but it's meant to, as I don't do transfer gossip due to not breaking confidences. But I would just urge people to have confidence that we'll be fine, and when it's all done some people will look back and wonder why they were getting so vexed.

This was from Tuesday (50 pages ago!) and I hope some of what I said then, now resonates and people start to relax a little.

There's much more to come, and UTO (and no, I don't know who he is, but suspect I may know him?) is pretty much bang on with things. Also that Twitter account is far more accurate than I first gave it credit for, especially some of its more recent stuff.

I'll say no more..........

This is the sort of thing that is the difference between going close and actually achieving something. We needed to get a centre back capable of making Moore the junior partner rather than top dog and hopefully Findlay will provide that extra quality alongside him, and we need new full backs on each side to potentially make the current first choice options the backups, or at least make them have to work harder to keep their places. At the moment both Long and Seddon are pretty much nailed by default.

It isn’t merely about quality, it’s about being able to make changes in defence that don’t involve 2/3 players shuffling around instead of just one. Too many times in the last two seasons one defensive change in terms of personnel has led to several changes in terms of who plays in which spot, and has meant that virtually nobody at the back has gotten to play in one position for more than a couple of games before being shuffled about again. It’s a needless handicap.

Two new full backs (providing neither Long or Seddon was subsequently moved on, which would sort of defeat the point to an extent) and I think the chances of really competing at the top end this season would be increased. We should be looking to strengthen and improve every position, not worrying about whether it’s mean or unfair on Player X if he might not play as much, because he’s a decent lad and he’s quite good etc.

Spot on.

I'm hoping that all of the signings have a part to play and Robbo will plug the obvious gaps, even though they have seemingly been slow in arriving.
That is the exact same thing they have said & asked for.

Encouraging progress, will wait until he has played to pass judgement, but the window is now getting going.
From the 5 @UTO mentioned, I think we will see two wingers and one FB (hope I am wrong).

I personally don’t think we need a left back - I’m happy enough with Brown and Seddon (but of course I’d take a better player; as I would in any position on the pitch)

I’d like to see a centre midfielder, a centre back, two wingers and a striker. Which makes 5 more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom