Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK we conceded too many last year but a lot of them can be put down to losing possession in midfield and players just not tracking back - defenders who aren't the quickest then getting drawn out of position or having to back off and concede too many goals from outside the box. We created many of the holes and that needs resolving as does our decade long problem of not defending set pieces/long balls into the box well and STILL a general cluelessness on corners, whether defending or attacking. It doesnt matter who the back four are if the midfield don't back them up and unless attacking wing backs remember they are predominantly "backs"

You've got your timelines wrong. His L1 season was 15/16. So 6 seasons ago.

Moved to Norwich in January 2017 after his time at Wigan then was loaned to Cardiff a year later. Then went on loan to Bolton before spending two seasons at Maccabi Haifa then joining CSKA Sofia for 21/22.

Definitely an appealing signing either way but his "best" previous form is not that recent.

People are assuming the club are signing a world beater who is going to be on big wages.

If it is him, it’s worth tempering expectations slightly. I asked someone close to CSKA this question (don’t ask!). Firstly, he won’t be on unpalatable wages. He’s currently on average League One wages as of last season so he wouldn’t come in over budget or be viewed as pushing the boat out. It sounds as if his form as a top League One player was some time ago and he’s not shown that consistency for a while.

I know the forum has a tendency to dismiss signings as horrible or glorify them as the sexiest thing since a super human amalgamation of George Baldock’s face, Josh Ruffles abdominal muscles and Rob Wolleaston’s hair, however in this instance it strikes me as this signing will be ‘okay’, with risk attached. Similar to the signing of Jodi Jones. Not likely to win the league on his own, but solid enough and will produce on occasion without blowing opposition away every week.

People are assuming the club are signing a world beater who is going to be on big wages.

If it is him, it’s worth tempering expectations slightly. I asked someone close to CSKA this question (don’t ask!). Firstly, he won’t be on unpalatable wages. He’s currently on average League One wages as of last season so he wouldn’t come in over budget or be viewed as pushing the boat out. It sounds as if his form as a top League One player was some time ago and he’s not shown that consistency for a while.

I know the forum has a tendency to dismiss signings as horrible or glorify them as the sexiest thing since a super human amalgamation of George Baldock’s face, Josh Ruffles abdominal muscles and Rob Wolleaston’s hair, however in this instance it strikes me as this signing will be ‘okay’, with risk attached. Similar to the signing of Jodi Jones. Not likely to win the league on his own, but solid enough and will produce on occasion without blowing opposition away every week.

So perhaps Whyte would still come in, and Jones and the Dutch lad will be cover for him and Browne?

I am going to ask, how the f**k do you know someone close to CSKA? I want to know someone close to Sheriff Tiraspol so badly now.

So perhaps Whyte would still come in, and Jones and the Dutch lad will be cover for him and Browne?

I am going to ask, how the f**k do you know someone close to CSKA? I want to know someone close to Sheriff Tiraspol so badly now.
Don't think Whyte cut it last year. We can do much better. Got a good price on hindsight but can't see him establishing himself as a Championship player - move on

Don't think Whyte cut it last year. We can do much better. Got a good price on hindsight but can't see him establishing himself as a Championship player - move on
Statistically our most creative player so I wouldn’t be so dismissive. There’s also a lot to be said for players who work as hard as he does even when he’s having a poor game. KR experimented with him last year which didn’t really produce the desired effect but he was only 4 or 5 goals away from an excellent season.

I think he’d do better this year. Don’t think I’d have him back on loan just to build him up for someone else to have him on a free. But if we could get him back permanently along with other options we’ll have I wouldn’t think twice.

Tell you what, #OUFC is full of little C***s.

People have been posting what’s on here (rightly or wrongly) and they’re getting absolutely mobbed by Blakey and his gang of little Twitter hard men.

They even said UTO (the one who always gets it right) source is “trust me bro”

State of them! They need a slap.

Anyway…

09f78d1fcfdb703873406a45b97877e8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom