Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing by the fact that @UTO hasn't shut down these Wildschut rumours, there's probably something in it. Odd one and no idea how to feel about it.

I'm guessing by the fact that @UTO hasn't shut down these Wildschut rumours, there's probably something in it. Odd one and no idea how to feel about it.

Last time he played in League 1, he was in the Team Of The Season. That was only 3 seasons ago.

4 years ago, Norwich spent £7mil on him.

He’s exactly the calibre of player we should be looking at, and he is truly ‘as good as it gets at this level’

A few people on this forum were bothered about the fact Holland (who was bang average) went to MK instead of us. My advice is, be very pleased about it!

If we lose Brannagan I find it very hard to believe we could replace him with a player of equivalent quality with the transfer window running out. He simply must stay if we have any ambition this season. The only way we can keep him long term is promotion this season and a huge new contract offer for Championship football.
I think Smyth would be capable of covering Brannagan, quite liked the look of him the other night.

Let one of our best players leave for a negligible fee and replace them with a 12 month loan, only for that loan to do the same at the end of the season? I’m not suggesting you’re wrong, but that makes very little footballing/business sense.

We're in a pretty powerless position here, so footballing/business sense doesn't come into it. Who are we going to sign on a permanent that firstly, could feasibly replace him, and secondly, we'd be able to afford?

I see Adam Forshaw's gone off injured for Leeds in their latest friendly, so that'll move Bate up the pecking order. Bate replaced Forshaw for his PL debut last season. Poor KR.

Last edited:
We're in a pretty powerless position here, so footballing/business sense doesn't come into it. Who are we going to sign on a permanent that firstly, could feasibly replace him, and secondly, we'd be able to afford?

How are we powerless?

Brannagan: “I want to leave”
Club: “No”
Brannagan: “Why?”
Club: “You’re under contract. Sorry”

If we have to replace him next season, then so be it. We have replaced quality players in the past, and we will do it again! Brannagan has no power over the club. He is our player. Smyth is shaping up to be the next in line, so I’d keep an eye on his development this season. The lads a baller!

And re your point about Forshaw. It’s a knock. He was taken off as a precaution. It’s pre-season, remember?

How are we powerless?

Brannagan: “I want to leave”
Club: “No”
Brannagan: “Why?”
Club: “You’re under contract. Sorry”

If we have to replace him next season, then so be it. We have replaced quality players in the past, and we will do it again! Brannagan has no power over the club. He is our player. Smyth is shaping up to be the next in line, so I’d keep an eye on his development this season. The lads a baller!

It wouldn’t work like that.

Brannagan has a release clause & if it’s met he can go and talk to the club.

If it’s not activated then he will remain here this season with the club hoping he signs the new long term deal offered before he can walk for free next summer.

Last time he played in League 1, he was in the Team Of The Season. That was only 3 seasons ago.

4 years ago, Norwich spent £7mil on him.

He’s exactly the calibre of player we should be looking at, and he is truly ‘as good as it gets at this level’

A few people on this forum were bothered about the fact Holland (who was bang average) went to MK instead of us. My advice is, be very pleased about it!

You've got your timelines wrong. His L1 season was 15/16. So 6 seasons ago.

Moved to Norwich in January 2017 after his time at Wigan then was loaned to Cardiff a year later. Then went on loan to Bolton before spending two seasons at Maccabi Haifa then joining CSKA Sofia for 21/22.

Definitely an appealing signing either way but his "best" previous form is not that recent.

It wouldn’t work like that.

Brannagan has a release clause & if it’s met he can go and talk to the club.

If it’s not activated then he will remain here this season with the club hoping he signs the new long term deal offered before he can walk for free next summer.

Does he have a release clause? I know he had one while Blackpool were sniffing around, and if I remember correctly, that clause came to an end at the end of that window?

If he has a new one, I’d be interested to know exactly what it is. If he doesn’t have one, then we have the power.

You've got your timelines wrong. His L1 season was 15/16. So 6 seasons ago.

Moved to Norwich in January 2017 after his time at Wigan then was loaned to Cardiff a year later. Then went on loan to Bolton before spending two seasons at Maccabi Haifa then joining CSKA Sofia for 21/22.

Definitely an appealing signing either way but his "best" previous form is not that recent.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

I think that with his experience at this level and above, it’s a good signing to balance out the youth/experience. No doubt we’ll be looking to bring in a couple of young attackers.

Does he have a release clause? I know he had one while Blackpool were sniffing around, and if I remember correctly, that clause came to an end at the end of that window?

If he has a new one, I’d be interested to know exactly what it is. If he doesn’t have one, then we have the power.

The release clause still exists, but there will be a cut off before the end of the transfer window to prevent us from being dicked on the last day of the window without an option to replace him.

The release clause still exists, but there will be a cut off before the end of the transfer window to prevent us from being dicked on the last day of the window without an option to replace him.

Also makes sense that there’s been no bids for him this summer when everyone knows they can get him for free in 12 months or at a cut price in January if we fail to tie him down by then.

Hard not to be happy with this one I would’ve thought.

A lot has been said about our lack of physicality all over the park but for me it’s more specific - it’s fear factor. People who carry the ball and play with aggression. I think Findlay, Brown, McGuane of pre season and potentially Wildschut are exactly what we’ve been crying out for. Obviously Wildschut has been off the English grid for a while but he’s still been playing regularly in a decent league. From what I remember of him here, he was an animal but perhaps a victim of circumstance at his clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom