Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with a lot of that and if we don’t go up (and I don’t think we will) KR will have one more crack of the whip.

But before some say thank you and goodbye Karl, who would we get in?

Some on here think Michael Appleton is the best manager since Jim Smith(first time) but he’s hardly pulled up trees at Lincoln after getting them into the playoffs.
It will have to be well thought out and the Board know that if we don’t go up next year a new manager may take a couple of years to do it and while this is going on, other big clubs get relegated and will make things even harder eg Derby County
Well you could say that MK found a guy no one had heard of who was a success straight away, but it’s certainly not guaranteed.

Obviously with the funding for hopefully a new stadium and in the team expectations will be enhanced.
KR has steered us very nicely losing players every season who you would have built the team round the next while still keeping us in an excellent position playing the best football for many years .
Yes some decisions might not have been great but not many sides couldn't also point to poor results every now and then.
Let's get behind the rest of this season , back the club to really bring in the players to give the league a great go next season ( if not already promoted that is ) .

Until the end of next season for me. Then sorry to say I will lose all patience.

We have the 7th/8th biggest budget this season. While we are finishing top 6 he deserves to stay.

If he fails to get top 6 this season, then next season he has to challenge the top 2 till the very end.

If he gets top 6 this season, he deserves 2 more seasons.

We have the 7th/8th biggest budget this season. While we are finishing top 6 he deserves to stay.

If he fails to get top 6 this season, then next season he has to challenge the top 2 till the very end.

Bakrie was quite clear that the board want promotion within 2 years, I don't think finishing in the top 6 this season will guarantee Karl another 2 seasons especially when we've finished in the top 6 the past 2 seasons.

Don’t listen to anything he says. He’s just happy to be here and having a nice time.

b5a0a85c5c901b71f197094fde78014e.jpg

That's a harsh view but there is a lot of truth in it as an overview. However am I right in thinking you don't see all the home games?

You are correct. Tend to see Tuesdays and was at the Burton match.

I don't make up stories about the failings of our team and manager because I dislike Robinson, it's the other way round.

If promotion isn’t achieved by the end of next season he will be sacked.

Doesn't though your comment apply to what was at stake this season as well ie. expectations of building a squad, the budget he had, expectations of him, money about to be invested in a new ground.
If he couldn't do it this season, what would make the board think he could do it next season.

Cadden not that old chestnut again😡 I doubt whether he would come here as he is on for a promotion into this league next season and if he is that good I’m sure FGR will match if not better what we would be prepared to offer.
As for Szmodics he has played regularly in a Peterborough side under new me management.
Herbie Kane I think will sign Doubt whether we would go for Thorniley as Blackpool have a years option unless we give them Cam which I can’t see KR doing.
Holland is a funny one it would be a free but hasn’t done what we know he is capable of this season. Brown yes that is a good possibility.
Why would Cadden come to Oxford, when his team steamed their league, and with the momentum do the same next season. If we don't make it into the play offs, we could be seen to have regressed.

We're having another decent season with attractive football and players who want and love playing for "him" yet still some of you wont let this dislike for him go and more importantly suggest some guru who Guarantees us promotion.
A decent season, would be an improvement on the season before, ie. success in the play offs after two years of reaching the play offs.
You mention a decent season playing attractive football, but in the last couple of months we have played some inconsistent, abysmal football.
It's not a dislike for him, simply, if we dont make the play offs, its the disappointment of seeing the club take a step backwards on what we achieved last year. Also after 4 years, has he taken us as far as he can?

What a lovely squirrel that is.

The squad this season is unbalanced.
A defence with a left back who's game is so shot he doesn't get played and no back-up. The only defender who reads the game is stuck at right back with no back up. Because we haven't got full backs or wing backs we play 3 at the back, and have to play midfielders as wing backs.
One usable striker up to xmas with a has been and a permanently out of favour mystery. Baldock made a huge difference but predictably is injured.
Oodles of midfielders only 1 of which can defend and he's out since before xmas and not replaced in that window.

We play wonderful attacking football, but seldom for a whole half, let alone a full match. When we're not on it we play deadly dull stuff across the back and then hoof it long so it comes straight back. Our players are weak and lack pace as a squad, we're not hard to bully when it's not going our way.

I think we're often tactically naive, the 2 away matches I've seen we've been out fought by Cheltenham and out thought by Plymouth. Substitutions seem to be done by rote and rarely change anything - because the squad is unbalanced.

What's the manager's job? It's finally been defined by the owner - promotion this season or next. It's not to be the harlem globetrotters for 20 minutes out of 90, nor to be a lovely bloke. It's simple and it's difficult. My opinion is that a squad build by caprice is not going to do it, and there's no evidence that this manager will or can build a squad to get promotion.

If I was funding the club I'd be asking questions: why are we funding an academy that only acts as a feeder for Oxford City, why do we sign knackered players, why do players (I'm thinking Browne) get into the team after injury and then disappear injured after being risked (manager's words iirc). What is the plan that will get is promoted next season......

Tell that to Anindya Bakrie.
Such a truthful post.

I concur except that there has been a long dislike for him from certain quarters "Regardless" of performance etc.

The plans and achieving are not a given, expectations have to be realistic and there are some decent clubs in League 1

Most fans were suggesting Play Offs at the start of the season and we've been in and around them most of the season.

I've no idea if the current money men have contacts within the game but for the plans to even have some chance of fruition we must hope they do because it is so easy to press the fired button and there's no guarantee that the next Manager will achieve and we certainly wont be able to dilly dally with the next appointment if those plans are to have any sort of chance.
But they have to be the bench mark for what the board have down for realistic expectations for this season, dealing with a manager who has been at the club a number of years, and has achieved no promotion or silverware.

Does that question depend on where as an individual fan you have the bar of expectation?

if we look at the last 3 seasons it's been entertaining and even his fiercest critics must see that but it seems when we drop pts the same stuff gets spouted.

I think we can go as far as to say that this League is one of the hardest for a few years and yet we are competing, why do fans think we have a right to be promoted so why put a timespan on a managers tenure if he doesn't achieve a b or c.

There are not many who would bring the entertainment we currently get and a change of manager does not mean it will happen.

comes down to if wee don't make it would you rather watch what's in front of us today or change in the hope that the next guy somehow achieves it or perhaps doesn't and fans are bored with the quality.
Unfortunately, dying faith in a manager and wonderful entertainment might win you friends, but doesnt win you promotion. Plymouth showed how it's done on Saturday, winning a gritty game by a single goal, whilst we seem to have fans that want us to play tippy tappy Harlem Globetrotters standard football for 10 mins every game before losing it, after reverting to hoofball to a single striker fighting for the ball against a 6 ft 4in. centre back. All this before further puzzling substitutions are made.

We should be arranging a new contract with CamBran. We need to increase the minimum release clause in his contract, that way he will still get a move, and that we get a bigger fee.

Otherwise he will be gone for peanuts! I will be gobsmacked if he’s here next season.

Because FGR is a tiny club, and we'll pay him more money
Yep playing for a tiny club like FGR in league 2 when he could have been playing L1 with a better wage with Oxford, apparently according to some he was signing in the last 4 transfer windows but he didn’t, so why would he want to sign for a bigger club on more money, when little old FGR get promoted into L1……maybe FGR paid him more to stay with them.

Really? We would be the only club that would do that. I like Karl and all the off ouch stuff he has done attending funerals of long term fans who sadly have passed and his handling of the tragedy of Joey, is more than commendable. But he still has to avmcgieve on the pitch, if he gets too 6 this season you want to give him 2 more seasons? Is that with us being promoted or what happens if we don’t make the final? But what if we finish 7th…….sack him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom