Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see an 18 year old holding midfielder who has played 3 games for Man City has just moved to Southampton for £10 million plus add one of £3 million, which puts into perspective the idea of us getting a very similar player from a very similar club on loan, it would be a wow signing but it’s very unlikely to happen.
And there you have the problem, how can clubs survive lower down the pyramid when top clubs have so many players on their books
When we last played Man City wasn’t there a player with the number 75 shirt
Used to be we survived selling players for good money to the top divisions.
So Atkinson Mc Nally would have gone for the equivalent of 500000 back then probably 5 million today

If we go into next season playing a back four with Seddon and Cadden the options, it won’t last long.
Why won't it? Chris Cadden was converted into a full back and the way we set up, he basically played as a right winger anyway. Long can tuck in on the other side and then the defensive mid can cover Cadden on the left. I don't know much about Nicky Cadden, but hopefully he's slightly better than Seddon defensively.

Why won't it? Chris Cadden was converted into a full back and the way we set up, he basically played as a right winger anyway. Long can tuck in on the other side and then the defensive mid can cover Cadden on the left. I don't know much about Nicky Cadden, but hopefully he's slightly better than Seddon defensively.

We’ll be exposed down the left, to get the best out of NC we want him in the final third as much as possible. His delivery from deep is superb and he is able to take up dangerous goalscoring positions. He isn’t really one to carry the ball up the pitch though. His dead ball delivery is very good though.

He’s a top player and someone who I hope we get, but recruiting him to play in a 4 when we already have a defensively suspect LB and all his best form is in a 5 would be short-sighted.

Think he’d be more effective as a LW in a 4-2-3-1 than as a LB.

We’ll be exposed down the left, to get the best out of NC we want him in the final third as much as possible. His delivery from deep is superb and he is able to take up dangerous goalscoring positions. He isn’t really one to carry the ball up the pitch though. His dead ball delivery is very good though.

He’s a top player and someone who I hope we get, but recruiting him to play in a 4 when we already have a defensively suspect LB and all his best form is in a 5 would be short-sighted.

That would mean dropping Marcus Browne

I think in a KR system he will get forward in a back 4 every bit as much as he does in a 5. The real test will be covering the space he leaves but that’s not his problem.

FWIW I think we will convert to a back 5 at times in the season, particularly away at the bigger teams. Hard to ignore how effective it was in some of those tougher games. I wouldn’t expect KR to reveal everything at this point and we have to retain a little bit of mystery about how we’re going to set up.

Thanks, that's great news. I am very excited to start this new position. I just hope they know I don't week evenings or weekends.
Someone in the football business who doesn't work Evenings or weekends......

Have you considered a role with either the Football League or FA?

We didn't get as exposed the season before last with Long and Ruffels bombing forward. The difference was that we had a relatively fit Gorrin coming back into the defence to help cover any gaps. We didn't have that when Brannagan or Kane filled in.

We didn't get as exposed the season before last with Long and Ruffels bombing forward. The difference was that we had a relatively fit Gorrin coming back into the defence to help cover any gaps. We didn't have that when Brannagan or Kane filled in.

Yep that’s true and Gorrin is certainly needed if we are to play those high full-backs (and also why we need another of his like in the door this summer)

Not entirely convinced Derby are limited to 8k a week as has been suggested. Most of their new signings would have been earning double 8k and more at their previous clubs... Some big signing on fees must be getting thrown about if that is the case. They're not waiting around getting very experienced players in the door. Still have a lot to do though

If we were rumoured to be after them and they went anywhere else = were only offered 50 quid a week to play back up here, got offered 500k a week at *insert club here*, who are spending too much and will go bust when they don’t get promoted, then mention something about Robbo wanting ‘right person not just right player*

Rinse and repeat until we sign an ex player coming off an injury

Yep that’s true and Gorrin is certainly needed if we are to play those high full-backs (and also why we need another of his like in the door this summer)

I'd assume that's Smyth, if he's impressing this pre-season, and people can't work out if he's been signed as a CB or CDM.

I'd assume that's Smyth, if he's impressing this pre-season, and people can't work out if he's been signed as a CB or CDM.

He’s a CDM/CM. He had to play for NIU23’s as a CB, due to injuries. If you look at his record at his former club, he’s definitely a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom