Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m way past that situation with him. We really should win comfortably tomorrow but that will paper over the cracks. Wait till we play Ipswich,Charlton,Plymouth. We won’t be getting anything out of those games as our squad has 6 unused spaces
Yes we should and God I hope we do but if we don’t then only God will save him.

No he’s not. He gets his info 2nd hand of here he even alluded to it in a previous post I believe on this thread, but he has only admitted this season as he was called out over it but not by me as I could see him for what it was.
I could read @UTO, @Front Post and @ECYellow and rewrite in a way that makes me look good regarding the info that he is writing, but why? Sorry my friend ( your quote ) he isn’t.
G and he likes to try and belittle other posters who don’t agree with him.
I’m not bothered about him reading my response to you as he put on here publicly to try and make him look good that he was now ignoring me the daft t**t.
Have no reason to distrust anything he’s said. Think it would be pretty pointless on his behalf. Guess we can all have our opinions. Just hopefully we can all be civil with each other and debate in a nice & respectful way.

Robinson didn't want to openly talk about a player we had lost out on, especially as there was still a slim chance it could be recovered. He certainly wasn't talking about Joseph.

What do you mean that an enquiry was only a phone call to Plymouth? What did you expect? A hand delivered note?? Of course it was a phonecall, that's how bids are put in - and we very much did put a significant bid in.
Are you so vain as to not admit someone else might know something that you are renown for making up?
It was part of a post match interview, that thousands heard, where robinson, when asked, admitted that the forward he was getting excited about was Joseph.
Hand delivered note? Simpleton
Many people call you out, that genuinely do know things. One day someone will do it and name where it came from, making you look even more of a silly boy.

As I said a couple of days ago, Sometimes I wish people had the freedom to say what they know, but realistically they can't. It's those that pretend to know things third hand from the tea lady at the training ground, that can make themselves look so silly.

Doubt they are trying to build a new stadium to languish in the bottom half of league 1 like we will be this season
I agree why build a spanking new 18,000 all seater stadium to be a mid table outfit, that’s why I think Robinson is getting a lot of grief on here and elsewhere, this transfer window has been totally underwhelming.

Wouldn’t be building a stadium that’s going to cost them millions if they didn’t have plans for us to be championship as soon as possible
Of course not and I believe they would rather us be championship before we move into the new stadium.

Not sure we needed a 4th striker. We have 3 decent strikers already. I'm also pretty sure that any club wanting to loan us a young player would question how much game time they would get after baldock returns in 3 or 4 weeks. Also, any midfielders would think the same. We have 11 senior midfielders.
I'm sorry your post makes no sense. Where did I say we needed a fourth striker? You've got the wrong post.

Are you so vain as to not admit someone else might know something that you are renown for making up?
It was part of a post match interview, that thousands heard, where robinson, when asked, admitted that the forward he was getting excited about was Joseph.
Many people call you out, that genuinely do know things. One day someone will do it and name where it came from, making you look even more of a silly boy.

As I said a couple of days ago, Sometimes I wish people had the freedom to say what they know, but realistically they can't. It's those that pretend to know things third hand from the tea lady at the training ground, that can make themselves look so silly.
He also said he wanted 2 strikers. He also said that the last week of the window was massive and we needed 3 or 4. We ended up with one. Only one person chatting rubbish & it’s our manager unfortunately. He doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut and 3 years in a row he’s proved he cannot build a balanced squad. With a more active board inside the UK I believe he would be under more pressure than he is already.

That's incredibly naive if you think it's only the owners who know when bids are made and for how much.
Sorry, but stop it, you really are taking it too far now. How the hell do you get that information?
There would be 2/3 people at most who would be privy to that.

On here? How long have you been on this site. 😊
For a fair while under various usernames, some of which I’ve lost use of due to changing phones. Haven’t posted before as much as I do now. At the end we all want the same thing which is a successful Oxford United but to think people don’t have sources or can’t get any information from the club is incredibly naive.

Every manager in the game is liked by some players and disliked by others, so it doesn’t make him special either way. Some players signed because they wanted to play for him, some (I know of three) specifically didn’t want to sign because they think he’s a knob. He is just like everybody else.

It’s Mick.

cough... Gavin cough…

Are you suggesting that we didn't make a bid for Hardie? Or that we weren't looking at other strikers long after Joseph was tied up?

When speaking after the (I think) Swansea game, Robinson could barely contain himself when talking about a deal that looked like it was done. Joseph had been completed the weekend before, but Thomas-Asante was very much still on our radar. Its my belief that KR had been given the nod that a deal was very close, but (as with many others) the situation changed overnight. When asked, Robinson was unlikely to come out and say that we'd missed out on T-A as there was a (slim) chance that a deal maybe done, but also he wouldn't want to undermine the striker who has just signed.

That not lying, or at least it's not necessarily deceitful. It's the usual transfer window ittle white lies that so many managers say. It's a game! Nothing to over analyse or get bent out of shape over.

But just my thoughts and you're welcome to take it or leave it.

I agree why build a spanking new 18,000 all seater stadium to be a mid table outfit, that’s why I think Robinson is getting a lot of grief on here and elsewhere, this transfer window has been totally underwhelming.
Main grief he should be getting is from the owners or prospective owners of this club for proving yet again he can’t build a balanced squad. It’s so frustrating as someone who wants him to succeed and make this football club a championship club that he keeps making the same mistakes & I don’t think he deserves another chance to waste yet more money.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I'm sure that when Robinson was so excited about a player coming in, he was talking about Thomas-Asante. We were certainly very close to bringing a striker in, and it looked all done one night, but collapsed the following day.

On this, and Ryan Hardie, I don't think we could have done any more. We made very competitive bids, and out bid a number of league one clubs. But we were never going to compete with a Championship club looking to go back up to the PL this season, and Plymouth were simply not selling Hardie.

I'm not saying that we got everything right, but there were players that were properly identified and scouted (best of league 1 and 2), they would have both strengthened our squad and offer a real investment opportunity, and we offered very good financial packages. That wasn't enough unfortunately.

My take - KR's culpability is not that we didn't get Hardie or Thomas-Asante. Although either one would obviously have been awesome.

What he needs to be criticized for is not having a list of at least a dozen strikers, in an approximate order of quality/'gettability', and moving on quickly down that list when it was clear that T-A was holding out for the Championship, and Plymouth weren't going to sell us Hardie.

Now, by not signing any strikers, if anything were to happen to Taylor or Joseph then we're in a position where we can no longer play 3-5-2 until Baldock is fit again.

Same is true at other positions that we have failed to fill, such as LB/LWB and CDM - we should have been working our way through a list of targets over the summer, so that we at least got someone capable even if they weren't our #1 choice; but either we didn't have such a list of none of the names on it were sufficiently realistic.

As a consequence, we're now stuck with playing the first half of the season short on numbers, and with some gaping holes in the squad.

Too little thought has been given to the impact of the winter World Cup, and 5 substitutes on the transfer market.

It's been a disappointing summer, and as many have said in the last 24 hours, the squad is weaker than at the end of last summer, and isn't complete.

It is what it is, the transfer market is closed. We will have to accept this and trust in the team. There isn't any gain in whinging, let's show some positivity and encouragement towards ourselves and the club as a whole.

Can’t say never will be, Bournemouth are in the premier league & have the same size stadium as us. Our owners have as much if not more money than their owner as well. Saying we never will be is pretty defeatist when with the right people in the right positions we could be another Bournemouth or Burnley
We've been there before,& won a Major cup??? You can add Brighton, Brentford as well...

You're right, Mick Brown does all of the paperwork although I believe others are now assisting, it's pretty much in his hands. He's Oxford through and through, but a club with our ambitions shouldn't be reliant on him alone.
Surely he's got an assistant, as he was assistant to Jim hunt. Or was that because he was training him up to take over..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom