Away Match Day Thread 20/04/2021 L1 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams from 3rd to 9th all away tonight. Be interesting if we win and the other don't. Always one team with an end of season sprint finish and another with the wheels falling off.

COYY - keep it rolling on to the Plymouth match at the weekend!

Would not be surprised to see Winnall start tonight, dunno if its a combination of his new
look and that goal in the last game but he is suddenly looking kinda sharp, add that he
scored two against this lot in Feb and it could be that KR gives him the nod.

Not much to add that hasnt been said, i think we all know how difficult this could be.

Games of interest tonight.

Swindon v Portsmouth ( Early kick off )
Last chance saloon for those useless gits down the road, the good news is that they could go
down tonight, the bad news is that it means that we won`t have won. Worried that a Pompey
win could give them some momentum and with the easy run in thats obviously not great.

Burton v Lincoln
Lincoln still have some difficult games ahead, lose tonight and they might start to wobble.

Northampton v Ipswich
Ipswich need to start winning and keep winning and even then... A draw here would finish them.

Rochdale v Blackpool
Fair play to Blackpool, ive been waiting for them to hit a wall and it hasnt happened, not expecting
Rochdale to do us any favours and i think that Blackpool are looking good for finishing 3rd.

Hull v Sunderland ( Late kick off )
The night when the world comes to an end on Wearside as it suddenly dawns on them that they
have been reeled in. I know this is partly wishful thinking but i can see them falling apart, lose tonight
and the pressure will be on.

Plymouth v Charlton ( Late kick off )
Decent home team v Very decent away team, a tough set of fixtures means Charlton need to be winning
this one. Charlton in decent form tbf.

Think we are fortunate that the battle for 1st place between Hull and Peterborough will keep them both
interested right up to the end of the season.

PLAYED FOR BOTH:

Includes Danny Hylton, Michael Collins, George Long, Sean Rigg, Alfie Potter, Ryan Clarke,
Dannie Bulman, Jack Midson and Jon Meades.
BfFq2wvIAAApXYI
I wouldn't really say Jon Meades, playing half an hour of a friendly and being out injured for the rest of his time here, played for us.

Would not be surprised to see Winnall start tonight, dunno if its a combination of his new
look and that goal in the last game but he is suddenly looking kinda sharp, add that he
scored two against this lot in Feb and it could be that KR gives him the nod.

Not much to add that hasnt been said, i think we all know how difficult this could be.

Games of interest tonight.

Swindon v Portsmouth ( Early kick off )
Last chance saloon for those useless gits down the road, the good news is that they could go
down tonight, the bad news is that it means that we won`t have won. Worried that a Pompey
win could give them some momentum and with the easy run in thats obviously not great.

Burton v Lincoln
Lincoln still have some difficult games ahead, lose tonight and they might start to wobble.

Northampton v Ipswich
Ipswich need to start winning and keep winning and even then... A draw here would finish them.

Rochdale v Blackpool
Fair play to Blackpool, ive been waiting for them to hit a wall and it hasnt happened, not expecting
Rochdale to do us any favours and i think that Blackpool are looking good for finishing 3rd.

Hull v Sunderland ( Late kick off )
The night when the world comes to an end on Wearside as it suddenly dawns on them that they
have been reeled in. I know this is partly wishful thinking but i can see them falling apart, lose tonight
and the pressure will be on.

Plymouth v Charlton ( Late kick off )
Decent home team v Very decent away team, a tough set of fixtures means Charlton need to be winning
this one. Charlton in decent form tbf.

Think we are fortunate that the battle for 1st place between Hull and Peterborough will keep them both
interested right up to the end of the season.
Realistically, our battle is to keep those behind us behind us once they use their games in hand, I dont think we can expect any of the three above us to implode to the extent that they get caught by the pack at this stage.
Eight games with the teams 3rd to 10th all away from home tonight, and frankly I dont think their is a predictable result among them so we can hope for 3pts for us and seven home wins, but I think the overall picture will be somewhat sharper by tomorrow..

They’ve won three in a row, we’ve won three in a row. Something will give tonight.

As it has been since the Sunderland game, we cannot afford any more slip ups especially a defeat. One more defeat = 16 league defeats and teams that lose that many don’t tend to make the playoffs.

As mentioned in the Gills thread, since 2000-01, only three teams in a total of 80 sides that have made a League 1 playoff campaign have made it to them after losing 16 games or more. They were Hartlepool in 2004-05 (lost 17), Peterborough in 2013-14 (lost 18) and Barnsley in 2015-16 (lost 16 and won the playoffs).

Really got to make the most of these games before we are in the European super league next season, our final 4 games at this level could be quite emotional.

Been predicting we will draw for a while and we haven’t but I really fancy this one to end up in a tie. Two in form teams who are scoring goals with a lot to play for at the opposite ends of the table so it will probably end up a nil nil bore draw, which doesn’t do much for our play off hopes but they don’t really matter now we will be leaving the Football league anyway.

Realistically, our battle is to keep those behind us behind us once they use their games in hand, I dont think we can expect any of the three above us to implode to the extent that they get caught by the pack at this stage.
Eight games with the teams 3rd to 10th all away from home tonight, and frankly I dont think their is a predictable result among them so we can hope for 3pts for us and seven home wins, but I think the overall picture will be somewhat sharper by tomorrow..

Fair assessment, i`m still going to cling onto the idea that if they lose tonight ( Sunderland ) that will be 4 defeats on the bounce and 1 point out of 15.
if they lose and we win the gap is down to 3 points, Accrington are no mugs and their game in hand is v Blackpool.

Lets see, first things first, they need to lose tonight and we need a win.

Really got to make the most of these games before we are in the European super league next season, our final 4 games at this level could be quite emotional.

Been predicting we will draw for a while and we haven’t but I really fancy this one to end up in a tie. Two in form teams who are scoring goals with a lot to play for at the opposite ends of the table so it will probably end up a nil nil bore draw, which doesn’t do much for our play off hopes but they don’t really matter now we will be leaving the Football league anyway.
You mean our final 7 games.

Gotta win to keep the pressure on. A draw is next to useless.

Tight game, odd goal wins, but I really can‘t be confident which way.

Coyys

This is IMO our toughest game left of the season. Defeat and it could put us out of the race if results go against us. Draw and we are still in it but it would mean we'd have to win the final 3 games. Win and we are still well and truly in the mix still.
It is going to a rollercoaster of emotion tonight but I think we will nick it 2-1.

Line up:
Stevens
Long, Moore, Atkinson, Ruffles
Brannagan
Henry, Forde
Lee, Taylor, Barker

Subs: Eastwood, Hanson, Gorrin, Kelly, Shodipo, Aygie, Winnall​

Any team news as yet? ....70 mins to kick off time

This is IMO our toughest game left of the season. Defeat and it could put us out of the race if results go against us. Draw and we are still in it but it would mean we'd have to win the final 3 games. Win and we are still well and truly in the mix still.
It is going to a rollercoaster of emotion tonight but I think we will nick it 2-1.

Line up:
Stevens
Long, Moore, Atkinson, Ruffles
Brannagan
Henry, Forde
Lee, Taylor, Barker

Subs: Eastwood, Hanson, Gorrin, Kelly, Shodipo, Aygie, Winnall [/CENTER​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom