Home Match Day Thread +++ 2/3/19 OUFC v Scunthorpe United Matchday Thread +++

If the league went on my predictions it would probably read P 46 W 8 D 30 L 8.
And yet I can't shake off a prediction of 1-1 tomorrow.

Well, there is one thing you can predict...the state of the pitch. Just pray it does not rain.

I'd play:

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho
Henry Sykes
Graham Sincair Garbutt

That gives some good options on the bench with Whyte, Browne and Mackie all decent subs to bring on

I'd play:

Eastwood
Mousinho
Henry Sykes
Graham Sincair Garbutt

That gives some good options on the bench with Whyte, Browne and Mackie all decent subs to bring on

Is CB still suspended? If not then -

Eastwood
Mous
Sykes Brannagan
Whyte Sincair Graham

Garbutt Stevens Henry Mackie Browne Curruthers Hanson

Potentially our strongest of the season

Eastwood

Long
Nelson
Dickie
Ruffels

Mousinho
Henry
Sykes

Graham
Sinclair
Garbutt

Stevens, Hanson, Jones, Kashi, Whyte, Browne, Mackie

I'm hopeful we learn from our positive win from last week, and certainly our lesson from Scunny away!

If we go 2 or even 3 up (and that's being extremely optimistic), they aren't going to feel beaten.

I'll go for a 2-1 win. Henry gets his mojo back, and Browne off the bench.

Eastwood

Long
Nelson
Dickie
Ruffels

Mousinho
Henry
Sykes

Graham
Sinclair
Garbutt

Stevens, Hanson, Jones, Kashi, Whyte, Browne, Mackie

I'm hopeful we learn from our positive win from last week, and certainly our lesson from Scunny away!

If we go 2 or even 3 up (and that's being extremely optimistic), they aren't going to feel beaten.

I'll go for a 2-1 win. Henry gets his mojo back, and Browne off the bench.
Kashi over Carruthers? Garbutt over Whyte? Whyte has to start just so Graham can play on the left. He was poor on the right last week apart from that unbelievable free kick.

Kashi over Carruthers? Garbutt over Whyte? Whyte has to start just so Graham can play on the left. He was poor on the right last week apart from that unbelievable free kick.

Kashi - We were solid last week, and we need to continue being solid. Kashi seems to be able to marshall players within a formation, which is what we'll need if we're ahead in the game at the closing stages (and arguably what we needed when we were 3-0 up when playing them away)

Garbutt- If we play Graham on the left and Whyte on the right, we're going to go back to just having pacy wingers trying to cut in and beat full backs. At some point we need to get to grips with putting the ball in the box and have players get on the end of it. With Sinclair/Mackie, Henry and Sykes, we have those sort of guys, I hope.

Carruthers and Whyte might be better players, but I picked the guys who I think give us the best chance of keeping a winning run going.

Kashi - We were solid last week, and we need to continue being solid. Kashi seems to be able to marshall players within a formation, which is what we'll need if we're ahead in the game at the closing stages (and arguably what we needed when we were 3-0 up when playing them away)

Garbutt- If we play Graham on the left and Whyte on the right, we're going to go back to just having pacy wingers trying to cut in and beat full backs. At some point we need to get to grips with putting the ball in the box and have players get on the end of it. With Sinclair/Mackie, Henry and Sykes, we have those sort of guys, I hope.

Carruthers and Whyte might be better players, but I picked the guys who I think give us the best chance of keeping a winning run going.

Nice to see someone who can explain their decision making! Makes a change in here ?

Luke Garbutt played really well last game, by all accounts (I wasn't there) so what sort of message does it send if he's immediately out of the team? There has to be some kind of reward for good performances, and players need to be given the chance to get a run of good form going. Also first game back from an injury it's always good to ease people in with a sub appearance, and Whyte's pace could be devastating coming in off the bench with 20-30 mins to go, especially if we are up and they're throwing men forward, getting him and Browne to hit them on the counter could be game over.

The betting sites have us odds-on favourites (5/6 at Betfair). Seems very short indeed. Hopefully a good sign.

Still feeling good , despite the change in weather predicted for around half time! still reckon itll be a 3-1 home win.... and notch up 2 consecutive league wins in the process too

I can sort of understand Garbutt it's just Scunthorpe play with 3 Cbs so having the quick wingers who can get in behind could be very effective in this game.

The reason I'd rather Carruthers over Kashi is simply because there's already cover with Hanson in the defensive midfielder position but no creative midfielder who can play that pass which can split a defence and panic centre backs.

Luke Garbutt played really well last game, by all accounts (I wasn't there) so what sort of message does it send if he's immediately out of the team? There has to be some kind of reward for good performances, and players need to be given the chance to get a run of good form going. Also first game back from an injury it's always good to ease people in with a sub appearance, and Whyte's pace could be devastating coming in off the bench with 20-30 mins to go, especially if we are up and they're throwing men forward, getting him and Browne to hit them on the counter could be game over.
Garbutt did play very well.
I would still have him on the bench as Whyte has to play in my view and I would also have Graham.in.
But having said that I wouldn't be too disappointed if Garbutt did play.
Nice problem for KR to have.

We'll win today.
Bradford will be beaten by Portsmouth.
Rochdale will be beaten by Luton.
Gillingham will be beaten by Fleetwood.
Walsall will be beaten by Burton.
Plymouth will be beaten by Sunderland.
Southend will be beaten by Barnsley.
Accrington and Coventry will draw.
Bristol Rovers and Blackpool will draw.
Shrewsbury and Wimbledon will draw.

We'll be in 18th and only a win away from Accrington in 14th! League one will look a lot rosier tonight!!

Back
Top Bottom