Home Match Day Thread +++ 2/3/19 OUFC v Scunthorpe United Matchday Thread +++

If Henry is back to 100% then it is a regulation win for the U's. There is enough in the tank with White back in action, hopefully.

I’m expecting a similar game to the previous home match against Peterborough.

0-0 all over it but one team somehow manages to score from a set piece. Just hope it’s OUFC who get the 3 points.

1-0 Sinclair

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho
Henry Sykes
Whyte Sinclair Graham

Subs: Stevens Garbutt Hanson Carruthers Browne Mackie James

1-0 Sinclair

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Mousinho
Henry Sykes
Whyte Sinclair Graham

Subs: Stevens Garbutt Hanson Carruthers Browne Mackie James
James loaned out to Oxford City along with Albie Hopkin.

I would like to get a win as a point is not cutting it , a early goal would settle the nervous! If so a 2-0 win for me.
Agree, plus there’s a good few teams around us with tricky away games this weekend.

• React
Reactions: UTM
A frustrating game where we can’t seem to get any one on the end of a pass or cross into the box. Occasional flashes of hope from 30m set pieces. Panicked passages of defending where we keep humping the ball back to their midfield for the next assault. Officials make decisions that are equally s**t for both teams. Either they or us score a nice, but somewhat fortunate goal. 1-0 or 0-1.
(I think I could make this prediction for all of our remaining games).

How can anyone predict what we are going to do. Just when we think we have turned a corner we put in such an abject performance which cancels out all the hard work. On the flip side just when we have given up all hope of survival we go and get 3 points.
Scunny wont be push overs and I think they will start favourites which might suit us. If we score 1st we will win, if they score 1st I think we will lose. What will it be tomorrow? If the defence play well defend properly I can see a narrow victory for the mighty yellows.COYY

as long as it’s not a repeat of the away fixture. really should’ve got 3 points from that game and would be around 17th now

Apologies if it’s been mentioned before but I think we’ve failed to win two league games in succession all season.

Which if true is a horrible stat. Let’s put it right.
Jeez you’re right! Just checked. That’s astonishing.

Oxford United 4 (Ruffles 2, Dickie and Nelson) Scunthorpe 1 Att: 7677 and 401 Sc**thorpe Fans. Scunny will take the lead................and catch the dog that will run onto the pitch. One of their fans will bang a drum all the way through the match. Our chairman (Tigger) will be at the match. His limo will be confiscated, because he hasn't paid the road tax on it. His manual watch won't work and it will need a winding up order. One of the chairs in the directors' box will collapse, as will the company that made it. Eastwood will dislocate his finger, after combing his hair too aggressively. After scoring his goal, Dickie will celebrate too hard and somehow rupture his coccyx. Nelson and Ruffles will get into a fight at half-time, over who's turn it is to use the 'Wash & Go' shampoo, after the game. The referee (Mr Isaac Hunt) will forget to bring his whistle and ask the Scunny fan if he can use his drum instead, but be refused. He will have to shout every time there's a foul, throw-in, or whatever. An escaped parrot will land on the South Stand roof. Browne will come on, late in the game. Unusual that.........he's a man! After the game, Robinson will announce that because we have won two games on the trot, he's going to apply for the Fulham manager's job. He will be politely told to 'get real' by all concerned. That just about does it for me. COYY

Number 4 of the 4 matches I'm missing. A certain home win 2-0 for the mighty Yellows.

How can anyone predict what we are going to do. Just when we think we have turned a corner we put in such an abject performance which cancels out all the hard work. On the flip side just when we have given up all hope of survival we go and get 3 points.
Scunny wont be push overs and I think they will start favourites which might suit us. If we score 1st we will win, if they score 1st I think we will lose. What will it be tomorrow? If the defence play well defend properly I can see a narrow victory for the mighty yellows.COYY

Predict :- to state or make a declaration about in advance, esp on a reasoned basis.

That is how people manage! ?

Apologies if it’s been mentioned before but I think we’ve failed to win two league games in succession all season.

1-1 then as predicted earlier ?

and we hadn't won an away game until last weekend, so lets hope we can break this duck as well.

Back
Top Bottom