Home Match Day Thread +++ 2/10/18 OUFC v Luton Town +++

Luton haven't been scoring that many, so the head says a 0-2 scoreline. We can't keep relying on our midfielders to find the net.

Game no longer all ticket, that's all a bit shambolic.

It was never going to sell out. They won’t sell all theirs and we certainly won’t. The club have bitten the bullet and are hoping for some pay on the day last minute folk.

I’m convinced we’re going to win, we’re due some good fortune. 3:1 with goals from Whyte, Holmes and Nelson

Perversely these are the sort of games that the players really turn up for. Feisty stuff under the floodlights, backs to the wall and so on. So I think we should be getting something out of it really.

Let's say 1-1 with nobody really knowing if it's a good result or a bad one...

Oxford United 1 (Whyte) Luton 4 Att: 7998 and 1009 Hatters fans. The nightmare is here. We will start the game brightly. Not because of the new floodlights, but because we'll score after 4 minutes, with a goal-of-the-season contender from Mr. Whyte. KR will rub his hands with glee, proclaiming that we're back and promotion is a certainty. They will equalise after 9 minutes and KR will say there's still a chance of the play-offs. 25 minutes in and it's 2-1 to Luton. KR's thinking a mid-table finish is "definitely on, so don't keep pestering me". On the 40 minute mark, they get a penalty and KR shouts abuse at the ref, questioning his parents' marital status. He is shown a yellow card and reassured that Mr. and Mrs. referee are, indeed a married couple. Penalty coverted; 3-1. After 1 minute of added time, they score another and it's 4-1. At half-time in the changing room, KR punches Eastwood on his nose claiming this season's calamities are due to him injuring his finger earlier this season. The second half starts with us attacking the East Stand....and KR attacking a fan for calling him a failure. We have 32 shots in the second half, some of which go high, wide and not very handsome. KR is pulling his and Derry's hair out and has to be restrained by the police. A dog then runs onto the pitch. The scoreboard malfunctions, the directors' box collapses, the floodlights flicker on and off and Derry announces that he's had enough of all this load of B*****s and resigns. KR is carted away by the police after making a rude gesture to the ref. That just about does it for me.
I could almost welcome some of this actually happening!

I assumed the all ticket thing was more due to the away team probably selling out and to stop them coming in the home end, bit like the Coventry game? I'm not sure if they have sold out or not, can't find any info on it.

0-0 with all players firing on two out of four cylinders. Luton have a player sent off and referee denies us two clear penalties

Looking forward to tonight. A real crunch game. Could be one of those pivotal matches we look back on. Feels like that dons result has really shaken foundations. Am expecting a big reaction either good or bad from team and crowd and wouldn't be surprised if that included starting formation. No confidence in our back line but if Robinson stops trying to be the L1 guardiola and keeps things simple we are in with a shout. Tight 2-1 home win, Obika and Brannigan. COYY

Back
Top Bottom