Home Match Build Up 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Didnโ€™t expect that, and Evans is a wretch. But as we saw ourselves with Manning earlier in the season, you can understand it from a career advancement/financial perspective. I imagine Stevenage fans are (rightly) fuming with him though - and I can fully understand why

Hopefully they donโ€™t produce an us-at-Orient pissed off performance on Friday though!

I reckon if you stick a few quid on Rotherham to get promoted next season you won't go far wrong, both the club and Evans know how to get out of this league.
can you imagine the antics of Fatty Evans n Rayner in front of championship size crowds and regularly televised by Sky?

Wow. Didnโ€™t expect that, and Evans is a wretch. But as we saw ourselves with Manning earlier in the season, you can understand it from a career advancement/financial perspective. I imagine Stevenage fans are (rightly) fuming with him though - and I can fully understand why

Hopefully they donโ€™t produce an us-at-Orient pissed off performance on Friday though!
Had a look at their forum and it's actually a fairly muted response, with a few fans not sad to see the back of his 'antics'!

I reckon if you stick a few quid on Rotherham to get promoted next season you won't go far wrong, both the club and Evans know how to get out of this league.
Agree. Although we all know what a 'so and so' he is to put it politely, he does know how to get promotions out of the lower leagues. I think he'll get Rotherham up but then struggle to keep them up although he is capable of doing it.

Agree. Although we all know what a 'so and so' he is to put it politely, he does know how to get promotions out of the lower leagues. I think he'll get Rotherham up but then struggle to keep them up although he is capable of doing it.

That's pretty much a given with Rotherham, the miracle is that they keep going up.

Had a look at their forum and it's actually a fairly muted response, with a few fans not sad to see the back of his 'antics'!
Can see why itโ€™d be muted. If they had anything left to play for this year I imagine it would be more virulent, but they must have expected him to court offers elsewhere this summer at least given the objectively amazing job heโ€™s done the last couple of years.

Not sure why theyโ€™d be glad to see the back of him, though. Would be stunned if anyone else could come in and achieve what he has with them.

Is there any more dreary thought than 'Evans and Rotherham going for promotion out of League One'? Surely we've been here several times. He must be bored himself.

Always knew Steve Evans was an unloyal slob. Makes it interesting for us.

At least the stadium won't run out of pies on Friday night as well.
Evans has done a brilliant job for a club on 3,500 attendances. Annoying, yes, but successful all the same. He was bound to jump ship if the right offer came along. Hopefully it works in our favour.

This won't have happened overnight and will have no doubt impacted their preparations for Friday. You never know how a team will react to losing their manager 2 days before a game. But from our perspective if I had the choice of it happening or not, I'd have taken it.

I can't see Evans's departure as anything but a good thing for us.

A side who already had nothing to play for now have even less, their players have little to motivate them other than the prospect of a few weeks off, and it might even mean the usual pre-match instructions to pump it long and kick lumps out of the opposition change.

It shouldn't change how we prepare in the slightest and I wouldn't expect the players to think they'll now have it easy, but there's every chance an early goal sucks the last of the wind from their sails.

Let's be loud, get behind the lads, and not give their players any respite.

I can't see Evans's departure as anything but a good thing for us.

A side who already had nothing to play for now have even less, their players have little to motivate them other than the prospect of a few weeks off, and it might even mean the usual pre-match instructions to pump it long and kick lumps out of the opposition change.

It shouldn't change how we prepare in the slightest and I wouldn't expect the players to think they'll now have it easy, but there's every chance an early goal sucks the last of the wind from their sails.

Let's be loud, get behind the lads, and not give their players any respite.
Or they could see being on Sky as a shot window and play better?

Or they could see being on Sky as a shot window and play better?
Yeah, possibly. But I would've thought that anyone hoping to put themselves in the shop window wouldn't leave it until the last two games of the season.

We'll see, but as someone has said elsewhere, if you'd given me the choice of this happening or not, I would prefer to have happened.

Despite Sky cameras being there, and moving the day of this game to an inconvenient Friday night, we're going to win this one, and convincingly , another 4-0 win methinks
Now, let me think โ€ฆ. where have I heard the โ€œweโ€™re going to win 4-0โ€ thing before?
Oh yes โ€ฆ. on the Lincoln match build-up thread.

Yeah, possibly. But I would've thought that anyone hoping to put themselves in the shop window wouldn't leave it until the last two games of the season.

We'll see, but as someone has said elsewhere, if you'd given me the choice of this happening or not, I would prefer to have happened.
They need to be decent players to put themselves in the shop window. I donโ€™t think many of them really are, and they were just very effectively managed for League One. Thatโ€™s gone.

Now, let me think โ€ฆ. where have I heard the โ€œweโ€™re going to win 4-0โ€ thing before?
Oh yes โ€ฆ. on the Lincoln match build-up thread.
not from me - ( I fancied a 3-1 home win- hey ho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom