Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

if he’s not well enough to train due to COVID then you can add another couple of weeks to his time out. Unless one of Henry, Sykes, Gorrin, Kane, or Brannagan gets injured I cannot see how he will get match fit this side of Xmas. Sad but everything seems to be working against him.

The report is that he has tested positive. Hopefully he's asymptomatic and will be able to return sooner

A fairly solid performance last night, there's definitely a player with some ability there. Could be a bit more "robust" sometimes, and maybe attempt some more driving runs forward.

A midfield three of Brannagan Kane McGaune looks good on paper to me!

A fairly solid performance last night, there's definitely a player with some ability there. Could be a bit more "robust" sometimes, and maybe attempt some more driving runs forward.

A midfield three of Brannagan Kane McGaune looks good on paper to me!
He seems to take a few games to get up to speed. Each time I have seen him this season he has got better.

If he stays injury free we will have a real asset by the time the new year games come around.

For about 20-30 minutes he was a machine, but the whole team were spraying it around like it was an exhibition match.
I think he`s one of those players who plays really well when it's going good, but struggles when it gets "tough".
Certainly in the same bracket as Kane et al when he`s playing well.

Kane is a class act , and combined with Branners two top quality midfielders, ok we all expected us to turn up last night and Doncaster to roll over.
We have had a camp riddled with Covid , taken a point off of the top side in our league , and now had two long away trips.
This is Oxford , we never do things the easy way but enjoy where we are and look forward to the games ahead and see what Karl does in January. My glass is definitely half full.

Brannigan, McGuane, Kane and Gorrin fighting it out for two starting places, Sykes gives us creativity and the ability to chase back so has to start if fit. James Henry has slipped down the pecking order, Nathan Holland, Gavin Whyte and Ryan Williams are playing for one place on the left wing unless we play 3 centre backs and wingbacks then Williams starts, Matty Taylor starts every match however Winnall and Bodin are pushing him now and Sam Baldock could be the dark horse in the pack and then we have Marcus Browne who should take this league by storm...
We are in for one hell of a ride in our remaining games of the season....
We probably have the best squad with the 17 or 18 players our club has had in the last 20 years...

Last edited:
He’s still a squad player, looks very stylish but hasn’t done all that much of note yet though I’m sure he will.

Brannigan, McGuane, Kane and Gorrin fighting it out for two starting places, Sykes gives up creativity and the ability to chase back so has to start if fit. James Henry has slipped down the pecking order, Nathan Holland, Gavin Whyte and Ryan Williams are playing for one place on the left wing unless we play 3 centre backs and wingbacks then Williams starts, Matty Taylor starts every match however Winnall and Bodin are pushing him now and Sam Baldock could be the dark horse in the pack and then we have Marcus Browne who should take this league by storm...
We are in for one hell of a ride in our remaining games of the season....
We probably have the best squad with the 17 or 18 players our club has had in the last 20 years...

Not having a go at you but that seems to have a few errors.
Gorrin we are not going to see until next season.
Henry has been injured and not fallen down the pecking order as fas as i know.
Whyte/Sykes/Williams on the right with Holland/Browne/Williams on the left.
Dont think we can consider Bodin as one of the strikers unless we have an injury crisis up top, Bodin
has been playing more of a support striker role behind Taylor.
Apart from that its all good, agree about the last 2 lines.

Expect him to start tomorrow night, very unfortunate to be dropped at the weekend.

• React
Reactions: n1
So Marcus McGuane.
I don't still quite know what to make of him.
At times he looks good, beating players and running with the ball, but he flatters to deceive.
I would say that he has had a pretty disappointing season overall.

So Marcus McGuane.
I don't still quite know what to make of him.
At times he looks good, beating players and running with the ball, but he flatters to deceive.
I would say that he has had a pretty disappointing season overall.
I think there was a lot of hype when he signed based on his potential, as during his better games for us he looked like a world beater. I think being part of the academies of Arsenal and Barca also gave the player a bit of an aura, but we should all probably remember how willing Forest were to let him go.

McGuane does have the potential to be a Championship player, but he's a 23 year old not starting every week in League One, so this is his level, and it's probably time for everyone to reassess their high expectations of him.

I honestly believe he’s a real top player for this level. He plays positively and with courage. The issue for him this season was injury and then a bit of Hokey Cokey in and out of the team so he couldn’t really get in any kind of rhythm or develop a partnership with Brannagan.

I think he’s a risk taker and a super athlete. He carries the ball incredibly well and if we could get the correct game plan together for when we lose the ball, it would allow him to be fully expressive.

I’d love to see him and Brannagan have a run together over 10 games with a proper holding midfield player behind them for insurance.

I honestly believe he’s a real top player for this level. He plays positively and with courage. The issue for him this season was injury and then a bit of Hokey Cokey in and out of the team so he couldn’t really get in any kind of rhythm or develop a partnership with Brannagan.

I think he’s a risk taker and a super athlete. He carries the ball incredibly well and if we could get the correct game plan together for when we lose the ball, it would allow him to be fully expressive.

I’d love to see him and Brannagan have a run together over 10 games with a proper holding midfield player behind them for insurance.
I think he’s *not* a risk taker and seems very keen to get rid of the ball rather than taking responsibility for it. But he did some decent things in the second half including one great curving cross field ball.

Back
Top Bottom