Home Match Day Thread 17/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it to early for crewevid to cancel tonight’s game yet or will they be brave and turn up 5-1 to the mighty yellows Taylor x3 Sykes winnall there goal come from one of there players coughing and causing are players to panic 😁😁⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽😁😁

It’s one of those matches you really want to win for obvious reasons. The two farcical postponements has made a fixture that was just another League 1 side into one with a bit more spice.

I’m worried about our lack of rhythm lately. It’s been a fortnight since we last had a league game and what I don’t want to see is us coming slowly out of the blocks and being 2-0 down in 20 minutes simply because we hadn’t switched on. Our form is still poor - five defeats in eight - so avoiding defeat again would be some progress.

We shouldn’t take Crewe lightly either. Their result against Peterborough at the weekend will have them brimming with confidence and rightly so.

Draw tonight as we are due one, we won’t keep a clean sheet but we should be able to score so 1-1 with Taylor getting ours.

I see their main forum on FootyMad forum is alive and buzzing for tonight’s match. A whole two posts about the game.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Jamie Mackie covered the Crewe v Posh game on Saturday for Sky, he was impressed with the Railwaymen.

Their sense of injustice persuades the footballing gods into gifting them a 2-0 with both goals coming via double deflections (including at least one a**e)

Oxford United 2 (Eastwood (pen) and Obita this, Obita that) Crewe Ella De Ville 1 Att: Yeah, right
Oxford will start the game, kicking towards the car park. Most of their shots will end up in there, too.....unfortunately. Eastwood will not have a shot to save, until they score their goal in the first minute. From then on, he'll have no more shots. Every time they get near him, he will cough and sneeze (on purpose) and their players will think he's got Covid and run away. A dog will run onto the pitch and give birth to six puppies. After the game, Donald Chump will say that he's a fan of Crewe and that they were cheated out of a win. Nigel Garage will become a Joe Binding fan and ask him for a top job in America. He will get one in a circus. That just about sums it up for me. COYY

Cant help thinking crewes manager Artell looks like a more hirsute 'version' of deposed uk government puppeteer Cummings :oops:

Interesting team choice with a number of players hopefully properly rested. And the likes of Obita/Winnall with another week of training under their belts.

Oxford United 2 (Eastwood (pen) and Obita this, Obita that) Crewe Ella De Ville 1 Att: Yeah, right
Oxford will start the game, kicking towards the car park. Most of their shots will end up in there, too.....unfortunately. Eastwood will not have a shot to save, until they score their goal in the first minute. From then on, he'll have no more shots. Every time they get near him, he will cough and sneeze (on purpose) and their players will think he's got Covid and run away. A dog will run onto the pitch and give birth to six puppies. After the game, Donald Chump will say that he's a fan of Crewe and that they were cheated out of a win. Nigel Garage will become a Joe Binding fan and ask him for a top job in America. He will get one in a circus. That just about sums it up for me. COYY
i hope the dog is covid tested

Interesting team choice with a number of players hopefully properly rested. And the likes of Obita/Winnall with another week of training under their belts.

Are you saying it will be an interesting team choice, or it is?

Would be very happy with a draw! They’re a team stacked with talent...Pickering and Kirk on the left up against Clare...Ainley, Wintle, Lowery in midfield...anger at RB and Offord just signed a contract extension.

They will be at least a play off side this season I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom