• Wycome Wanderers win

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • OUFC win

Votes: 48 64.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems to me that it's a weird time to be a football fan - or maybe just an Oxford fan - but there seems a real apathy at the minute. I said to my son the other night that I cannot recall the last time me, him or any fans around us, really got lost in that moment when Oxford score. It seems lots of generous and polite applause but not that euphoric feeling of past Oxford goals. Whether it's reflective of the slow, methodical approach play I'm not sure but something is definitely missing. You are very rarely, if ever, lifted from your seat by exhilarating and exciting build up play that may then result in a more unrestrained celebration - I don't know.

Perhaps that apathy has extended to the unsold Wycombe tickets. I'm choosing to not go and I can't really say why as I'm not doing anything else ! The football under Des has been dull but things have been dull in the past and I've gone ! Perhaps it's the predictability of an impending defeat as we rarely turn up there and the match day experience isn't the best at Wycombe.

There's a lot unanswerable I feel but the fact that 200 tickets remain says to me that something is undoubtedly amiss with following Oxford at the minute. Hopefully it will all come flooding back !
We scored four great goals on Tuesday! That was pretty exhilarating and exciting, but you're right that the reaction didn't seem as euphoric as I'd expect.

It seems to me that it's a weird time to be a football fan - or maybe just an Oxford fan - but there seems a real apathy at the minute. I said to my son the other night that I cannot recall the last time me, him or any fans around us, really got lost in that moment when Oxford score. It seems lots of generous and polite applause but not that euphoric feeling of past Oxford goals. Whether it's reflective of the slow, methodical approach play I'm not sure but something is definitely missing. You are very rarely, if ever, lifted from your seat by exhilarating and exciting build up play that may then result in a more unrestrained celebration - I don't know.

Perhaps that apathy has extended to the unsold Wycombe tickets. I'm choosing to not go and I can't really say why as I'm not doing anything else ! The football under Des has been dull but things have been dull in the past and I've gone ! Perhaps it's the predictability of an impending defeat as we rarely turn up there and the match day experience isn't the best at Wycombe.

There's a lot unanswerable I feel but the fact that 200 tickets remain says to me that something is undoubtedly amiss with following Oxford at the minute. Hopefully it will all come flooding back !

This is spot on.

It does not feel like we are in the play offs and having a great season right now.

Something is off and I have no idea what.

There is no spark there in our fans like there was when it was good under KR, good under Appleton.

Feels like there’s a massive connection missing between fans & club & players.

No idea how we sort it.

Wel,l believe it or not, I'm not going cause I'm still in Blackpool 🀣

Appleton used the pre season tours for connection.

KR personality helped build a connection between both.

No idea how we get it back at this present time.

We should be selling out Wycombe away.
We should be selling out Pompey away.

Home games like Tuesday v Wigan, the ground should be bouncing but it’s probably the worst home atmosphere in League One at the moment.

fancy a rare away win there - if we play in Yellow n Blue, or all electric blue ( wear red n black though, that's asking for disaster)- I reckon a 1-3 win - in the right kit!

IMO we should play in Yellow n Blue on Saturday
Totally agree Sarge. We should always play in yellow and blue unless there is a clash. Manning had this philosophy, he only changed colours if the officials dictated it.
It's easier for the players as well if there is continuity in colours.

We need news on the stadium, I think people have got it into in their heads ,2 more years & we can be no more.
We need a lift ,an injection . Going up doesn't compensate,for no club to support..

Wel,l believe it or not, I'm not going cause I'm still in Blackpool 🀣

Meet a young lady and fall in love did you? If she has four legs, a tail and lives on the beach then its a 50/50 whether she is a native or a donkey.

Appleton used the pre season tours for connection.

KR personality helped build a connection between both.

No idea how we get it back at this present time.

We should be selling out Wycombe away.
We should be selling out Pompey away.

Home games like Tuesday v Wigan, the ground should be bouncing but it’s probably the worst home atmosphere in League One at the moment.

can't even buy tickets for Pompey away yet can you? Lets concentrate on lambasting our away support one game at a time.

Cumming
Long Moore Brown Leigh
McGuane Brannagan
Burey Bodin Murphy
Harris

Subs: Eastwood, Bennett, Matete, Dale, Goodrham, Rodrigues, Goodwin

Meet a young lady and fall in love did you? If she has four legs, a tail and lives on the beach then its a 50/50 whether she is a native or a donkey.
She runs a cafe called ,the spice shackπŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ’‰πŸš‘πŸ₯πŸ›Œ

Funnily enough I've,just passed Bloomfield Road. The area is a s**thole..

You still can't buy tickets for any matches home or away through our OUFC website which has now been down for a week! Farcical with two home matches coming up next week. Even reinstating what was there temporarily would be better than no access at all. And total radio silence from the club on when a solution might be forthcoming.

I used to walk to the Manor and buy tickets, the extra 49 miles is putting me off a bit now though, well that and it’s a hospital.
I think the club are missing a trick by not having the hospital sell tickets and merch. It would be great walking up the alleyway towards where the LRT used to be, and buying tickets from a small kiosk in an old hut.

Back
Top Bottom