Away Match Day Thread 16/03/24 - L1: Port Vale v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s not a bad call. We may have given a 3 year contract to a clown, imagine giving a 6 year deal to Darren Moore!

Poor show, kip. All round. Here's a Grauniad headline to cheer you:

" I didn’t eat proper risotto till I was nearly 30. And now drought may take it off menus for ever"

You're not so bad after all. Chin up dear boy.

🔼 UP THE DALE !

Scintillating wing play from OD. I actually felt sorry for Port Vale’s Dan Jones. Dale tied him up in knots.

GIz5TsSWgAEXye6

Very odd being in the other end of Vale Pk today rather than the end we are usually kept in but it worked with a thoroughly professional performance.

I still have reservations surrounding DB but the shift to 'let's attack from the off-ish' did pay dividends against a side who unfortunately, looks destined (as some of the fans sang) to say hello to Sw*ndon next season. How unfortunate for PV to have to play that bunch of village idiots lol.

Nevertheless, in football, sometimes a player (Goodwin) can go unnoticed because there's nothing they've done of any real significance but Goodwin in this case (first half) was fairly anonymous. However, this isn't to say he had a poor game (a bit double dutch) because I thought the set up actually worked with him in the side because he created 'unnoticed' room for our two excellent wingers by just his presence and this definitely led to panic and chaos in the Vale defence time after time. However, he's taken a knock and has yet another scan as his bonus for his 'anonymous' type of performance.

Second half with Harris in his place had a bit of a deja vu feeling again with recent displays but when Murphy scored the game sort of felt safe-ish and could of become nailed much much sooner had Harris, Murphy and CB netted reasonably easy chances.

In summing up, we've only beaten a side today with not much confidence - but with our own confidence shot to pieces only a few days ago it was us with a switched on performance who shone through on a cold dour day in Burslem.

Support was decent from a let's face it a under 500 turnout which should/would have been a few hundred more had we taken at least a point on Tuesday.

In moving forward, the club, DB and the players now have 12 days before our Good Friday game at Shrewsbury to nail down all avenues of bonding and in how this team want to finish the season now that Blackpool and Stevenage have had themselves a mini wobble.

Mixed feelings tonight but could we muster another 4 wins and say a draw from 7? Depends on what the team and mentality is per se.

COYY'S.

Ps. Dale MOM and could become a cult figure quite rapidly if he continues the way he played today.

Not long back home. Excellent result today and a pretty reasonable performance for large parts, albeit against the worst side I’ve seen all season.

Des got the selection and subs spot on. Encouraging.

Sam Long had an excellent game. His best for some time (one stray pass in the de inf half aside!).

Credit to the other 492 in the away end. Created a decent amount of noise and were very encouraging throughout…shame about the awful ole ole ole Liverpool song though. Never again, please!

With winnable games to come, we just might be in the shake up come 27.04. Keep the faith.

Not long back home. Excellent result today and a pretty reasonable performance for large parts, albeit against the worst side I’ve seen all season.

Sam Long had an excellent game. His best for some time (one stray pass in the de inf half aside!).

Credit to the other 492 in the away end. Created a decent amount of noise and were very encouraging throughout…shame about the awful ole ole ole Liverpool song though. Never again, please!

With winnable games to come, we just might be in the shake up come 27.04. Keep the faith.
It looks certain that we will have to beat Lincoln to be in with a chance.

The fans were great. Very little negativity and signing throughout. Fantastic away trip. This is why I love football.

Back
Top Bottom