• SUB: Edwards

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • SUB: McEachran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Perkins

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How can your comments not be a criticism of management. We had a remarkable transfer session and if the strikers we had earmarked were not available for sensible money what do you think we should have done? Sat outside the relevant clubs ground and thrown a tantrum so they said ok we will let you sign our forward just to get rid of you.....get real....not everyone wants to help us out by selling the players we wanted
Of course I can make that comment. It’s a fair comment to say that we had 3 or 4 balls flashed across the box. Nobody was there. A poacher & true striker puts those chances away or at least wingers who want to get on the end of said balls.

Not saying it was anyone’s fault we didn’t get them but it is going to cost us in quite a few games this season Imo. I hope it doesn’t but I think it will. Think Manning has got us playing some great stuff, it’s not a criticism of him. What he’s done to rebuild the squad in the window gone along with the board and the recruitment team has been nothing short of remarkable. Doesn’t change the fact we don’t have a natural goalscorer and that will cost us in the end.

I may have missed it, but have we appealed both red cards?

Can’t appeal two yellows, we were never going to appeal Harris’s Red after manning basically said he had no complaints with it, just the reason that was given for it.

No. And why would we?
Leigh went for 2 yellows (which can't be appealed) and whilst the first one was harsh, as he slipped, you can't say it was blatantly wrong. His second one - no complaints.

Harris - Manning has seen video and said he thought it was a red so no point wasting time/money in appealing.
Even if it has gone down as a stamp in the referee's report (we don't know that it has), they'd most likely do retrospective charge of violent conduct for shrug off/elbow so he'd be suspended either way.

No. And why would we?
Leigh went for 2 yellows (which can't be appealed) and whilst the first one was harsh, as he slipped, you can't say it was blatantly wrong. His second one - no complaints.

Harris - Manning has seen video and said he thought it was a red so no point wasting time/money in appealing.
Even if it has gone down as a stamp in the referee's report (we don't know that it has), they'd most likely do retrospective charge of violent conduct for shrug off/elbow so he'd be suspended either way.
But didn’t the officials say that Harris stamped on their players foot which I presume will be in the report, but the video footage doesn’t show that, so is it not worth appealing on that alone e.g. The report will contradict what may have happened or what the officials actually saw. Also was Harris, just trying to fling his arm to get their player off of him?

Last edited:
But didn’t the officials say that Harris stamped on their players foot which I presume will be in the report, but the video footage doesn’t show that, so is it not worth appealing on that alone e.g. The report will contradict what may have happened or what the officials actually saw. Also was Harris, just trying to fling his arm to get there player off of him?
that, if memory serves, is what earnt Taylor a red card last season

that, if memory serves, is what earnt Taylor a red card last season

Yep. And if it was consistently punished with a red card no team would ever finish a game with 11 still on the pitch.

That's what pisses me off.

So you play Long/Moore/Negru/Brown at the back then? x4 head & kick it merchants… Can’t you see what LM is trying to do? He wants to play football on the floor, build it up & then for for the jugular,patience is the key with LM.
Stevens crossing & passing abilities are moderate? He could’ve had x2 assists in the first half & he had the most touches of any player on the whole pitch (98) (Fotmob).You obviously like the long ball game,maybe LM‘s style isn’t going to be for you either because going forward he wants ball players & build up play with the ball on the deck as much as possible.Agree on Mills btw.
We played long and brown vs the best teams and these are the games we have looked are best so far ……

Well after scoring for Port Vale against us, Alfie Devine has now been called up for training with the England senior team!

But didn’t the officials say that Harris stamped on their players foot which I presume will be in the report, but the video footage doesn’t show that, so is it not worth appealing on that alone e.g. The report will contradict what may have happened or what the officials actually saw. Also was Harris, just trying to fling his arm to get their player off of him?
Allegedly yes. But as I already said, if they review footage and see something else that they would deem as a red card offence - then he'd get the violent conduct charge anyway, so still ends up with a suspension.

Manning has indicated he saw something in the club footage that was worthy of a red - therefore no point appealing.

Allegedly yes. But as I already said, if they review footage and see something else that they would deem as a red card offence - then he'd get the violent conduct charge anyway, so still ends up with a suspension.

Manning has indicated he saw something in the club footage that was worthy of a red - therefore no point appealing.
I agree with you, but Manning also insinuated that there was a discrepancy which the footage may show e.g. just a fling of the arm to get their player (Smith) off of him that might not be deemed a red card offence, but I guess because we don’t seem to have appealed that it may appear more than a fling on the arm! in which case you’re right, it’s not worth appealing!

Back
Top Bottom