Away Match Day Thread 16/03/24 - L1: Port Vale v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely, we'll done it's momentum at this time of the year ,a few days off ,nice to see Browne back . That will do everyone the world of good .Win the next game ,then the next game .

I liked it when he said that Oxford needed to "dig their way out of a conundrum".
I always thinks he speaks as if English were his second, or possibly third, language.

Port Vale were rubbish but we were in complete control and I'm not sure how we didn't score 4. Murphy and Harris both passed up brilliant opportunities and Brannagan and Harris sliced very presentable chances wide just in the second half, not sure I buy the narrative that we were particularly conservative.

Having the international break next week is a real stroke of luck and hopefully gives time for Lincoln's form to slow down.

Last edited:
Great win, good response to Tuesday. Got a bit of time to regroup and get ready for the next one. Nothing changes re Des but pleased for him to get a win. Decent day with the other results too, Lincoln are a bit of a concern but even a two point gap at this stage is useful.

What a strange result day.

We won 2-0 and it was the most one sided 2-0 wins you will ever see it should of been more like 4 or 5 if we put the chances away.

Blackpool lost
Stevenage lost
Peterborough lost
Barnsley failed to beat Cheltenham at home.

Lincoln pumped Bristol rovers 5-0 at home and I'm glad our game against them next Saturday has been postponed as they are scoring for fun at the moment.

Oh and Beadle let 6 in today against Ipswich.

Back into the play offs with a 2 point cushion albeit Stevenage have a game in hand on us.

We still have to play Stevenage and Lincoln at home so it's in our hands.

Wasn't expecting that before kick off. šŸ˜‚

To top the day off Swindon lost at home and drop down to 19th and Bristol city lost. šŸ˜‚

What a strange result day.

We won 2-0 and it was the most one sided 2-0 wins you will ever see it should of been more like 4 or 5 if we put the chances away.

Blackpool lost
Stevenage lost
Peterborough lost
Barnsley failed to beat Cheltenham at home.

Lincoln pumped Bristol rovers 5-0 at home and I'm glad our game against them next Saturday has been postponed as they are scoring for fun at the moment.

Oh and Beadle let 6 in today against Ipswich.

Back into the play offs with a 2 point cushion albeit Stevenage have a game in hand on us.

We still have to play Stevenage and Lincoln at home so it's in our hands.

Wasn't expecting that before kick off. šŸ˜‚
Lincoln are on fire, I thought they were rubbish when we played at their place.

Dale was excellent, Cam excellent, Murphy excellent. Some very solid performances they have redeemed themselves abit.

Lincoln are on fire, I thought they were rubbish when we played at their place.

Was under a different manager when we played them. They have Leyton Orient at home next up who have beaten both us and Stevenage away recently.

At risk of being branded a Des lover, I thought there were two really good things from him today:

1) He was ruthless with some of Tuesday's main offenders - MM and Stevens in particular going from the starting XI to out of the squad. And while Vale-Bolton is Apples-Oranges, it was great to see our midfield always looking for the quick attack, not constantly slowing it down to retain posession across our back line.

2) Subs were spot on. We were just wobbling a little ~70, being a little too casual and cavalier. On come the old heads and take control - and barring one attempt at shooting ourselves in the foot, we were untroubled after that.

But Vale? Bloody hell. They were comically bad. I reckon, even at 45, I could play as well as their #7 did for the 35 minutes he was on the pitch!
Whoever it was that was chastising me yesterday for saying this was going to be an easy game might want to reevaluate how they look at the form guide!

Back
Top Bottom