Away Match Day Thread 16/03/24 - L1: Port Vale v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is definitely a very edgy tone to Rad Ox today. A lot of bullish talk about McGuane not even travelling with the squad.

Is this like Appletonโ€™s Carlisle game (the Kyle Vassell one) where a lot hinges on getting a win today?

Are we the opposite end of the ground to last season?! Completely lost my bearings (although I canโ€™t pretend anything other than Negruโ€™s injury stood out as memorable from my last trip here)!

But Iโ€™m sure I remember the big stand being on the right side last year!

Let's hope that the ref keeps an eye on Smith in the Port Vale defence, really don't want to see him getting away with anymore of his underhand and cheating tactics.

We've obviously found it hard to get any control of the midfield recently, so it's nice to see Bodin has been installed as a ball winner.
Heโ€™s weak!

Iโ€™m happier that heโ€™s put Brannagan in that holding midfield role, that could be the telling change!

That's the spirit!

Fair point. Perhaps it's because I'm a few thousand miles away and only seeing Paul Beasley's reports (not your fault Paul), the wild frothing maelstrom on here (hence the Glee Club) and brief whassaps with the Agent, but it doesn't look good to me.

A midfield with Bodin and Rodriguez in it seems like abdication to me. Long as FB outside Moore is asking for trouble. imo.

I hope things will look better watching matches.

COYY.

Rodrigues is a very, very lucky boy to have kept his place after being absolutely atrocious and throwing in the towel against Bolton. Letโ€™s hope we see a reaction from him.

Good to see Goodwin start. Weird how we have loads of players not even in the squad but still could do with a right back and DCMโ€ฆ

That looks a much better lineup to play 433 rather than the weird hybrid we've seen over last few weeks. A *lot* of responsibility on Cam here to reign in the emotions and do his job. Also on Bodin to lead by example as a senior pro. A good result is essential today but a good performance needed to have any confidence for the next few games.

Fair point. Perhaps it's because I'm a few thousand miles away and only seeing Paul Beasley's reports (not your fault Paul), the wild frothing maelstrom on here (hence the Glee Club) and brief whassaps with the Agent, but it doesn't look good to me.

A midfield with Bodin and Rodriguez in it seems like abdication to me. Long as FB outside Moore is asking for trouble. imo.

I hope things will look better watching matches.

COYY.
We have to back the manager's judgement on team selection, after all he sees the players daily in training.
We are all fans, let's get behind the team and head coach and hope for 3 points that may kick start a decent run in.

Doesnโ€™t get much better than Ace of Spades! however the jaunty number on now is a bit annoying

The room next to mine is playing spanish rappy ballads for breakfast on his blaster thingy. Not swapping.

He was playing 50s jazz songs last night, bloody marvellous

Watch as we lose and Port Vale go on a winning streak to clinch safety

Back
Top Bottom