Away Match Day Thread 16/03/24 - L1: Port Vale v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve woken up this morning weirdly optimistic. The players will (hopefully) be desperate to right the wrongs of Tuesday night and we couldn’t be meeting a team in poorer form than PV.

1:3 win

Vale are terrible, second bottom of the league one form table and haven’t won a game this year.
In a weird way I’m kind of excited about today. Could it be DesB’s Cambridge moment or will we make hard work of it and we know the season is over.
I would love us to snap out of it, DesB to show some balls and cut the under performers or those not with him and we stop the slide. But sadly I think it’s more likely we go there and grind out a bore draw.

Despite Bolton 😳 I think we’ll have too much for Port Vale although I do rate their manager:

Port Vale 0 - Oxford United 1.

Cumming
Negru, Moore, Brown
Stevens, Brannagan, McEachran, Leigh
Dale, Goodwin, Murphy

We should go all out attack and just blow them away. Don’t be timid or afraid. They will crumble surely.

If we lose this Des has to go. But a big win could get us back on the right track and into the playoffs…

bright n sunny March morning, i m full of the optimism of spring , narrow away win 1-2 , longy n gregly

There are not going to be any "must wins" for us this season, but for Des' Oxford career you wonder if this is a "don't get thrashed".

Not feeling confident at all about today, this has a real banana skin feel to it and we're bang out of form and confidence. Hope to be proved wrong though. COYY

There are not going to be any "must wins" for us this season, but for Des' Oxford career you wonder if this is a "don't get thrashed".

I think this is close to a must win for Buckingham, a loss after Tuesday to struggling team and then a blank week with no game will leave him under a lot of pressure.

Big reaction win today, will play like Barca with Goodrham being our Messi.

1-4 to the yellas.

If we get thrashed by a relegation side that haven’t won a game in 2024, then probably it’s time for literally everyone to go and start again from scratch!

I think it will be ugly, and I think it will be tight. But we should win this.

Back
Top Bottom