Home Match Day Thread 16/02/2021 Papa John's Trophy SF - OUFC v Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn annoying getting this far in the competition and then not going for it.
If we don't go up, then please let's just get out of this comp. as early as we can.

On the bright side, Ipswich have drawn with a player sent off and Portsmouth are losing.

The keeper would have had to be at the back of the East stand to save Taylors effort.!!
I agree that players miss pens by the keeper saving them but to completely miss the target from 12 yards is pretty poor. If he had scored that I reckon we would have gone on to win it.
I completely agree - horrendous penalty, and massively altered the course of the game - but I'm not talking about tonight, I meant the ridiculous comment that players should score every penalty.

Hall probably

Hanson maybe

Henry , unlikely , but, a possibility?
Henry will come again. He has picked up form after spending time on the bench before.

Hanson is a strange one. He wasn't any worse than he normally is to be honest. He has never really delivered but with plenty of matches to play, he may get another opportunity.

I have no idea what @bazzer946on about I'm his other half & he's up to date with Emmerdale & missed a episode & even records 🤣 He watches it more than me! 🤣
Bazzer’s other half? You must have the patience of a saint 😅
Yes I do!!! I am a yellows fan & I'm new on here & maybe I should do the talking because he talks s**t sometimes but to be fair he has been a fan for 53 years the old git!!

I have no idea what @bazzer946on about I'm his other half & he's up to date with Emmerdale & missed a episode & even records 🤣 He watches it more than me! 🤣

Yes I do!!! I am a yellows fan & I'm new on here & maybe I should do the talking because he talks s**t sometimes but to be fair he has been a fan for 53 years the old git!!
🤬🤬🤬🤬

We played 2 days ago and some of those playing were involved in that game. He could hardly start the same players. And having no time in between means they won't have had much preparation for the specific game.

Tranmere had a free weekend which meant they looked better organised in the 1st half. Even then we missed so many chances (including in the 1st half) that I don't think the formation can be blamed for tonight.
In Moore's post match comments he said there was no problem with tiredness, it was a case of the team "not turning up " in the first half. Absolutely baffling for a Semi Final.

In Moore's post match comments he said there was no problem with tiredness, it was a case of the team "not turning up " in the first half. Absolutely baffling for a Semi Final.
Of course he said that. That's what you would expect a captain to say. 2 x games in 48 hours needed to be managed to prevent injuries.

Badly need McGuane back. Last few games, Doncaster apart, we’ve looked a bit clueless and flown by the seat of our pants. McGuane has a dynamism that the other midfielders don’t really possess and he will add a different dimension. I’d drop Taylor after tonight, he’s massive for us but perhaps needs to be rested to just have the heat taken off him. Be good to get Long back because whatever KR might say Forde and Hanson aren’t up to it at right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom