Home Match Day Thread 16/02/2021 Papa John's Trophy SF - OUFC v Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m taking about the one’s who have completely lost the plot on social media
But tbf tonight’s performance was shambolic in comparison to the oastn2 games where we were ooor for quite a bit of both games but resilience and correct team and subs turned into our favour.
But Hanson and Grayson were woeful. Henry who I have supported as I feel he is a quality player was poor tonight. Taylor wells well off the mark tonight.
Tonight Tranmere were in our faces from the off and we can’t cope with that. When we’ve employed those tactics they have been very favourable tonight.
People behave a right to criticise s**t I should know I do a lot of the time and tonight was no different.
If we list but played really well then I would have said so praised the players and said we’ve been beaten by a quality aide or that had luck on their side.

I don't hate Henry, just think he has played very poorly for a long time, with a couple of okay performances.

How do you rate his performances this season and tonight?
I didn’t watch! He’s not been as good this season but I wouldn’t say he’s been awful. He’s always had quiet spells but then pops up with a goal or a bit of outrageous skill. He’s got a lot of good will in the bank.

Now SK on RadOx is wielding the carving knife on the team..even though he may be right he makes me feel like metaphorically slashing the wrists

Battered on Pancake Day, by a tasty looking Tranmere side, who looked spicy upfront, goals hit with a sweet foot.
kr ends up with egg on his face, and seemed to flip when they scored. Clearly we have to play butter at Ipswich, but please don't sugar coat it, we were floured by a Second Division side who were beaten, by a margarine of error by Stevenage last week.
Couldn't give a toss.

We've known for over 12 months that Hall and Hanson are not good enough.

As for Grayson, a terrible performance, but it was his first start for us, so could easily change.
Don’t think he was particularly helped by Ruffels either!

If the 11 players that were on the pitch at the start of the 2nd half or the 11 at the end of the game had started the match we would of won. Just a very poor starting line up from Karl. Too many changes to the team.

Obviously you never want to lose but I'm struggling to recall the last time I gave less of a f**k than this.
TBH probably the coventry game at wembley.........i hate losing semi finals tho.... 😭 :rolleyes:

Battered on Pancake Day, by a tasty looking Tranmere side, who looked spicy upfront, goals hit with a sweet foot.
kr ends up with egg on his face, and seemed to flip when they scored. Clearly we have to play butter at Ipswich, but please don't sugar coat it, we were floured by a Second Division side who were beaten, by a margarine of error by Stevenage last week.

Certainly feeling a bit flat after that result.

But tbf tonight’s performance was shambolic in comparison to the oastn2 games where we were ooor for quite a bit of both games but resilience and correct team and subs turned into our favour.
But Hanson and Grayson were woeful. Henry who I have supported as I feel he is a quality player was poor tonight. Taylor wells well off the mark tonight.
Tonight Tranmere were in our faces from the off and we can’t cope with that. When we’ve employed those tactics they have been very favourable tonight.
People behave a right to criticise s**t I should know I do a lot of the time and tonight was no different.
If we list but played really well then I would have said so praised the players and said we’ve been beaten by a quality aide or that had luck on their side.

Calm it down, Bazzer. It actually wasn’t that bad. We created plenty and at least gave it a go until the team started to drift.

Not every defeat is a ‘shambles’. A disappointment, for sure. Not our day, for certain. A shambles? Nah. 0-7 against Wigan was a shambles. This was just ‘one of them’ as Mapp would say.

We move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom