Home Match Day Thread 12/01/2021 Papa Johns Trophy OUFC v Cambridge United

Long was excellent tonight. He’s a valuable asset .
Hall keeps on hanging on in there; admire his tenacity. Sykes ok too.

Cambridge pretty rank though.

We clearly want to go a long way in the pizza cup; we clearly need the money.

On the other hand disappointed to see Clare loaned out. We seriously lack pace.

Long was excellent tonight. He’s a valuable asset .
Hall keeps on hanging on in there; admire his tenacity. Sykes ok too.

Cambridge pretty rank though.

On the other hand disappointed to see Clare loaned out. We seriously lack pace.
Doesn’t everyone need 65k? 😅 I’ll have it if you don’t want it..

Bloody hell things are hard at the moment and even a pizza cup game with a second string team on a stuttering ifollow felt like medicine after a 10 day pause. Will never take football for granted again after this is all over.

Great seeing Cam back and looking as you'd expect of any player after a lengthy layoff rather than someone nearly blinded just a few weeks ago.

McGuane is such an excellent footballer. He glides. And is improving so fast. Physically but also in his decision making. Credit to him. Really looking forward to seeing even more in second half of the season now he's more familiar with the realities of L1.

Sam Long was so good out of position I barely noticed him except when it mattered in the first half and we were losing control a bit and he responded by doing all in his power to calm things down and keep it simple.

Robbie Hall. Oh Robbie. Everything in his game is 20% off these days but he just won't accept it. Then delivers a moment of quality any player at any level would be proud of.

Credit to Cambridge too. They showed some real quality. If anything maybe paid us too much respect at times. Whenever we took our foot off the gas was always concerned they could hurt us. Good movement and a nice balance of passing football with physicality. Hope they do well.

Which I don't hope for Northampton. Horrible outfit. Here's to a big win at the weekend. Thank god for football.

Given his pedigree I think he's worth giving more of a chance than 45 minutes on his return from injury on a JPT game, dont you Captain Kneejerk?

Agreed. I can remember some of the comments about McGuane after the early League games.

I think Cambridge deserve credit for bringing back our old style, Chris Wilder era, kick off tonight. The punt the ball off the pitch approach brought back some memories.

I'm sure the money is the most important thing.

But the other benefit this year is that without it, the likes of Sykes, Hall, Eastwood & Winnall would just be wasting away on the bench, with no chance of getting any game action beyond the occasional ten minute cameo.

As a result, the Pizza Cup serves more of a purpose this year than most.

Assume it's still regional for the Quarters? In which case, I hope we avoid Peterborough. We should be able to handle either version of the Dons (acknowledging that the AFC version were halfway decent and a little unlucky on Boxing Day)

Given his pedigree I think he's worth giving more of a chance than 45 minutes on his return from injury on a JPT game, dont you Captain Kneejerk?
Captain Dick maybe but he wasn’t in the game as much as we would have liked yes he’s been out injured for a long time but he has to come good very soon if he is to still be with us next season. A pjt trophy isn’t a great game for him to be tested but it’s a game where I’m sure he would liked to have made a mark as the league will be almost twice as hard in comparison toe a PJT game, and to add the other striker Agyei let himself down tonight if he was hoping to push his way into the team,

kind regards captain Kneejerk

Give him a bit of time with players actually playing the ball into him.
That’s the point yes the likes of Henry and Obita have to get the ball to him but tonight the crosses were very poor, so you have to get the ball to him through the middle but that wasn’t to forth coming tonight.

That’s the point yes the likes of Henry and Obita have to get the ball to him but tonight the crosses were very poor, so you have to get the ball to him through the middle but that wasn’t to forth coming tonight.

At the beginning of the season Taylor was struggling to find any rhythm with poor crosses and slow build up play. Since we've hit form he has looked back to his old self, even when not scoring. I suspect that Winnall will be the same and will hopefully get 30 mins on Saturday within a settled team to show what he's capable of.

Assume it's still regional for the Quarters? In which case, I hope we avoid Peterborough. We should be able to handle either version of the Dons (acknowledging that the AFC version were halfway decent and a little unlucky on Boxing Day)

Deregionalised now, I believe

Back
Top Bottom