Home Match Day Thread +++ 15/02/20 OUFC v Sunderland +++

It seems like Robinson has been hinting about shaking things up a little so maybe;

Eastwood
Dickie Mous Moore
Sykes Henry Thorne Brannagan Holland
Taylor Agyei
I'm not sure if it has been said if Browne is definitely not in contention so wonder if he may feature on the bench along with Long, Ruffels, Forde, Stevens, maybe Mackie if he's in a good place or a youth player or 2.

It's a difficult game to predict with the weather likely ruining any really chance of a proper game, but that might suit us better with having a team that can battle but still allows for moments of magic. I will predict a 2 nil home win with goals from Brannagan and Taylor.

Reckon Robinson might have seen my 3 at the back prediction! Definitely a chance for a bit of a shake up today!!

A small part of me suspects that Forde will start on the right in that formation, even if it is just for 60 mins.

As for the weather:
Could see Forde on the right and Ruffels on the left in a more orthodox back 5, but suspect that would be too defensive. That's why I think there maybe Sykes and Holland on the flanks with a real solid core of 3 at the back and Henry, Thorne and Cam in the middle.

Guess we've only got 45 minutes until we find out!

assuming the game goes ahead and runs for the full 90 mins plus, it'll be more about which side cope with the conditions best.... nothing like the sort of contest it should be, in 'normal' playing conditions.... I still fancy a U's win :)

also 90 mins plus this afternoon, in adverse conditions, wont help the pitch surface for the forthcoming matches ( AFC Wombles tues eve for example)

Hoping for a a result but concerned really not a great bit of form we are in but positive anyway. After making the game tuesday on the sofa for this one. Coyy

Agyei to bag a brace before the game is abandoned, leading to Karl Robinson and Jamie Mackie sprinting across the pitch and knee sliding in front of the JS stand.

Last edited:
Not impossible that we actually go three at the back and play 3-5-2 with that lineup.

There's not a natural left-sided forward player for KR's more conventional formation there. But Forde would be a natural wingback, and no doubt Ruffels could do it as well.

Guess we'll find out in 40 minutes!

Just taken my sunbed on the west side of the pool, not a fence panel in sight. The pool looks very wet hope it’s not going to spoil the game to much. I stand by my earlier prediction that the not so prolific scorer that is Jamie Mackie we net a late winner. Enjoy the game boys stay safe and I wish I was there in person ( honest guv ) COYY.

Liking the look of the starting 11.

Attachments

• 57D1C7BA-1B11-4756-A4F2-2E4EE364FC4F.jpeg
    57D1C7BA-1B11-4756-A4F2-2E4EE364FC4F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom