Away Match Day Thread +++ 03/08/2019 L1: Sunderland v OUFC MDT +++

According to a van driver next to us who had a colleague at the front of the queue, there was someone on a bridge threatening to jump.

It wasn't Charlie was it?? *

*Disclaimer - I'm only making a light hearted comment on my old adversary! I wouldn't wish ill on anyone regardless of how much of a tool they may/or may not be*

Never understood putting away fans above home fans, never going to end well.... even larking about could cause an incident.

That aside, fine result.................. despite the best attempts of the ref.

Mmm I understand what you are saying. But I will never like my team cheating. Is that an age thing? Does everybody these days think that we should do it?
I don't like it either, but having seen some opponent players get rewarded for seeking contact and going down easily, the system is biased against honest teams whose players try to stay on their feet or don't milk every bit of contact. You don't get a prize for not cheating, but may get rewarded for it.

Never understood putting away fans above home fans, never going to end well.... even larking about could cause an incident.

That aside, fine result.................. despite the best attempts of the ref.
always get one person that has to spoil it.........well, two people in this case

In our thousand plus matches watching oxford me and my dad can say that’s the worst performance from a referee and a linesman. The way he reffed that much was like he was on the take. Horrendous.

We played very well first half moving the ball around well and they couldn’t compete with us. Second half they went a bit more direct with balls into the channels and I think we tired big time towards the end. We dug in and that was the big thing for me yesterday that I haven’t seen with our team in the last couple of seasons. Dickie was a mountain at the back!!

With the decisions being made the team did very well to stay calm and get out of that with a draw as those two were doing all they could do hand Sunderland the win. Great support and nearly all the Sunderland fans I spoke to said we deserved to win and played very well. OUFC!

There were times last season when Dickie was a complete liability, but he’s turned it around and I’m so happy he’s extended his contract. Well done that man.

Back
Top Bottom