Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/10/19 League Cup OUFC v Sunderland +++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunderland forum still amusing - some arguing that they didn't lose but drew the game in 90 minutes, so counts as a draw

Zaki talked very positively about it, he's right about the upping of the profile, can't ever remember ITV local news giving us so much coverage

We were still were behind Southampton on the South Coast clubs dominated BBC South Sport even though they lost. They can now go back to their focus on Southampton, Pompey, Bournemouth with lip service to other clubs.

BBC South need to go back to how they did it when Oxford etc were shown in the Oxford part of the programme.

Yep. I thought Hall was really good. He’s lost a bit of pace, but his ball skills and vision are right up there.

Little bit too eager to show off for me. I know he wants to remind us all hes still there but feel the team has been playing so well as a unit that he stood out as being particularly selfish the other night.

Baptiste and Fosu also guilty but Halls current lack of pace really highlights when he could lay the ball off or make the pass sooner. Still, I think we're very close to seeing the old Robbie back and it looks like hes come out the other side a tougher player.

Little bit too eager to show off for me. I know he wants to remind us all hes still there but feel the team has been playing so well as a unit that he stood out as being particularly selfish the other night.

Well I for one am glad he decided to selfishly show off at least once in the first half...

Lots of praise for Fosu, Hall and Baptiste on the Mackem’s forum (“we should be signing players like that”, etc)

Hall's performance - good going forward and a very well taken goal. Not very good at tracking back and helping out Long from the off. Still only a 60 minute player. Hopefully the last two issues can be improved with time.

I would have been more worried if he hadn't have shot at that point to be honest.
Yes he could of got himself into that position, took an air shot missed the ball and injured himself.
It seems both Robbie and KR are trying to justify his return, I think he's still some way off full fitness and pace unless this is the new version of Robbie.

Here comes Charlie BS................ "Phase Two" of stopping the rock rolling down the hill..... aka: The money is going to run out.......
It’s a shame that a lot of Mackem fans have no love for the SD/CM anymore and want them out

It seems both Robbie and KR are trying to justify his return, I think he's still some way off full fitness and pace unless this is the new version of Robbie.

After the tackles hes taken in the last three games he's played in I doubt it. Looks more robust, maybe with a better fitness team and playing in a better side, after having all that time out we'll actually see a better Robbie Hall once he gets his pace back. Hes 26 now, I'd really see 27/28/29 nowadays where players should be hitting their peak. I have a feeling he'll shock his doubters.

Here comes Charlie BS................ "Phase Two" of stopping the rock rolling down the hill..... aka: The money is going to run out.......

2 things from that:

- Charlie talking about "civilised debate", hmmm. I agree with his point but he failed on plenty of occasions to follow his own advice and he also received some as well.

- Has Stewart Donald turned into Trump with the comment "the most professional League One club there has ever been"? Also, they have a long way to reach that with plenty of clubs ahead of them including the likes of Accrington.

There are a lot of excuses in what I've read and it comes across as desperate. The train set seems to be falling apart at the seams

I thought that article was never going to end.

I expect they'll be gone by next Summer at the latest.
This deal is basically a loan to cover operating costs for the rest of this season and to compete in the January transfer window. If promoted, the loan will be repaid with a huge amount of interest. But if unsuccessful then I'd imagine that the American will take over at a significantly reduced fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom