Home Match Day Thread 14/02/2021 L1 OUFC v Wigan

Think were being unfair on kelly. He was no worse than brannagan in the 1st half. Wigan pressed our midfield really well in shitty conditions so not really surprising.
How many decent games has Kelly had this season though? I can forgive Brannagan having a bad half, because he was much better in the second. Kelly is carried too often and does little to influence the game. Based on today, Sykes should start ahead of him. As soon as Maguane is fit, he’s out of the team.

Last edited:
Think were being unfair on kelly. He was no worse than brannagan in the 1st half. Wigan pressed our midfield really well in shitty conditions so not really surprising.
Going to have to disagree with you on this, Brannagan was no world beater, but he wanted the ball and tried to make things work, I don’t recall the same from Kelly

How many decent games has Kelly had this season though? I can forgive Brannagan having a bad half, because he was much better in the second. Kelly is carried too often and does little to influence the game. Based on today, Sykes should start ahead of him. As soon as Maguane is fit, he’s out of the team.

Do you know something, we must be the best side in this league based on your opinion of certain players. Henry is crap and hardly had a decent game and now Kelly has hardly had a decent game either. Both, particularly Henry, have been first choices for the majority of the season so we are doing wonders for a 9 man team.

Think you're all being way too harsh on Kelly. I agree that I would like him to have more of an impact going forward than he has had, but I'm not prepared to start writing him off now.

Whilst I am excited to have a midfield of Brannagan & McGuane, Kelly is a really tidy player and he'll have a part to play in the remainder of the season.

Think you're all being way too harsh on Kelly. I agree that I would like him to have more of an impact going forward than he has had, but I'm not prepared to start writing him off now.

Whilst I am excited to have a midfield of Brannagan & McGuane, Kelly is a really tidy player and he'll have a part to play in the remainder of the season.
First half, Kelly was probably our best player at pressing the opposition when we didn't have the ball. He struggled to get on the ball though.

Do you know something, we must be the best side in this league based on your opinion of certain players. Henry is crap and hardly had a decent game and now Kelly has hardly had a decent game either. Both, particularly Henry, have been first choices for the majority of the season so we are doing wonders for a 9 man team.
Well, based on form, we are the best side in the league? Henry HAS been crap for the vast majority of the season. I know you eat your dinner off of a laminated photo of his face so it’s okay, I know you’re unable to look at his performances objectively.

If you are unable to see that has been well below par since the play off final, I can’t even be bothered to talk about this with you.

Based on form, there is no way Henry gets picked ahead of Brannagan, Maguane and even Sykes in midfield, based on today’s performance. Based on Henry’s form, there is no way that he gets picked ahead of Barker, Shodipo and Lee. I’m sure you will tell me something different though 😴

Last edited:
Do Wigan know something we don’t?

Oxford started the season with a squad that had narrowly missed out on promotion to the championsip with a Manager who is widely regarded as one of the best in the division. Their wage bill is well over 3 million per year

Back
Top Bottom