Current Player #13 Simon Eastwood

I mentioned this in the Elliot Moore thread and it was brought up on The Price of Football podcast. This summer especially is going to be a deflated market for footballers. Football clubs will have far less to offer OOC players across the board and this will especially be the case in the lower leagues. If you think you can hold out for a better deal elsewhere, you may be mistaken.

If the terms are favourable, I wouldn’t be totally against Eastwood signing on for another year as backup. Then again, I wouldn’t stand in his way of he thought first team football could be found elsewhere. Personally I think a clean break for him would do him a world of good. The scars from that Wembley game are still evident here but they may fade if he can form a good memory for another club.

If he is to sign a new deal I’d hope it would be on much lesser money than he’s on at the moment. Given that he’ll be no2. Any new contract / wage should reflect that and only a 1 yr deal also.

I would of thought he would be a bit pricey for us as second choice goalie, but if we do sign him that must mean we are really going for it next season (starting the hype early).

If he is to sign a new deal I’d hope it would be on much lesser money than he’s on at the moment. Given that he’ll be no2. Any new contract / wage should reflect that and only a 1 yr deal also.
Surely he wouldn’t be offered a contract on inferior terms. Either make it clear you value him and want to keep him or wish him all the best and part on good terms .

Surely he wouldn’t be offered a contract on inferior terms. Either make it clear you value him and want to keep him or wish him all the best and part on good terms .

Don’t see why we wouldn’t be honest and say “if you’re settled and happy to stay but be our number two, here are our (reduced) terms.” He’s a grown up and knows how things work.

If he's happy being number 2 with a wage to reflect that then probably a good thing for all parties. His family moved back to Oxford this season I think was said so they may not want to be moving about again given the financial climate.
He may also have an eye on coaching and feel like being around Wayne Brown may be a good route in.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I mentioned this in the Elliot Moore thread and it was brought up on The Price of Football podcast. This summer especially is going to be a deflated market for footballers. Football clubs will have far less to offer OOC players across the board and this will especially be the case in the lower leagues. If you think you can hold out for a better deal elsewhere, you may be mistaken.

If the terms are favourable, I wouldn’t be totally against Eastwood signing on for another year as backup. Then again, I wouldn’t stand in his way of he thought first team football could be found elsewhere. Personally I think a clean break for him would do him a world of good. The scars from that Wembley game are still evident here but they may fade if he can form a good memory for another club.
Yes it will be very tough for a lot of footballers.
I was expecting SE to go to a L1/2 Club up North to be number 1, or championship club as back up and being involved on the coaching side.
Maybe he will have a year contract and become involved in the coaching.
I wonder how regularly goalkeeper coaches move on? Wayne Browne has done really well to bring on Stevens and it sounds like he is very involved in the decisions on penalties . I wonder how likely it could be that he is taken to a higher club?

Sorry but Eastwoods early season form was very poor.
We must stop falling into the trap of sentiment.
The club must think of the bigger picture
Big wage and No 2 nah.
If Stevens left still be looking for another no 1

Bye bye Eastwood

Are you paying his salary?

Big wage and No 2 nah.

Bye bye Eastwood
What an incredibly mean spirited statement about a terrific servant to OUFC. I don't know what profession you enjoy, but I hope your bosses exercise a little more sentiment than you seem prepared to exercise in the event that your performance deteriorates.

If we announced that an experienced goalkeeper was joining as back up to Jack, with nearly 350 games behind them and several player of the season awards, most of the board would support it.

But because of maybe a dozen ropey games and a few howlers we're throwing our toys out of the pram!

If he goes, I'd wish Simon well and thank him for his brilliance 90% of the time. If he stays, we maintain continuity and ongoing support for Jack, and have a keeper able to step back in whenever needed.

If we announced that an experienced goalkeeper was joining as back up to Jack, with nearly 350 games behind them and several player of the season awards, most of the board would support it.

But because of maybe a dozen ropey games and a few howlers we're throwing our toys out of the pram!

If he goes, I'd wish Simon well and thank him for his brilliance 90% of the time. If he stays, we maintain continuity and ongoing support for Jack, and have a keeper able to step back in whenever needed.
I hope he stays, great back up

Agree. I know he made many mistakes in the play off final and the start of this season it obviously affected him , Before that though he won us alot of games and was one of the best keepers in this league.

If terns are what both the club and Eastwood are happy with
, then why not. We won't get another number 2 with his experience that's for sure.

Big wage and No 2 nah.

Bye bye EastwoodSorry but Eastwoods early season form was very poor.
Big wage and No 2 nah.

Bye bye Eastwood
You don’t sound like much of a fan.

Back
Top Bottom