Chairman is on Radio Oxford 5 min' fans forum

The question appeared to be about the playing budget. Erick, if investing, would be more likely to fund stadium development or build. So he could be throwing a lot of money our way without increasing the playing budget.
I know I’ve banged on about the Ricoh set-up more than once but after seeing it with the car-parking round it and retail and leisure park nearby I’m coming round more to trying somehow to take over control of Grenoble Road and the retail and cinema complex. I know there’s a huge obstacle in the way in the shape of FK but if the club could ever negotiate control of it all it could be perfect once the stadium is developed and brought up to modern standards. I’d say that was much more realistic than the OCC suddenly ‘magicking’ up a plot of land for a complete new complex.

I know I’ve banged on about the Ricoh set-up more than once but after seeing it with the car-parking round it and retail and leisure park nearby I’m coming round more to trying somehow to take over control of Grenoble Road and the retail and cinema complex. I know there’s a huge obstacle in the way in the shape of FK but if the club could ever negotiate control of it all it could be perfect once the stadium is developed and brought up to modern standards. I’d say that was much more realistic than the OCC suddenly ‘magicking’ up a plot of land for a complete new complex.

The issue however being that FK will want a huge fee for the entire plot (how much could he make if it was sold as housing development land?) and the cost of bringing the stadium up to a decent standard. I think Stewart Donald went into the financials of the current stadium before taking on Sunderland.

A Question for a future rad ox 5 min fans forum- for KR, our Owner or the MD- Id like to know the answer to, is a follow up Q from yesterdays rad ox 5 min FF,

Who exactly are the people who make up the OUFC recruitment board, responsible for bringing players in?

• React
Reactions: m
A Question for a future rad ox 5 min fans forum- for KR, our Owner or the MD- Id like to know the answer to, is a follow up Q from yesterdays rad ox 5 min FF,

Who exactly are the people who make up the OUFC recruitment board, responsible for bringing players in?

*I think* KR, Derry, Faz, Tiger, Mark Thomas and McWilliams

*I think* KR, Derry, Faz, Tiger, Mark Thomas and McWilliams
more or less who I'd speculatively expect... though isnt Faz retiring at the end of the season? ... if so, maybe Erik will be his replacement on our recruitment board?

more or less who I'd speculatively expect... though isnt Faz retiring at the end of the season? ... if so, maybe Erik will be his replacement on our recruitment board?

Tiger did say Erik had suggested players at some point didn’t he? Who knows...backroom recruitment compared to other clubs is pretty lacking

Surprised nobody has mentioned the deal with Singha, which was supposed to be 3 years, but "something went wrong" which means it expires at the end of next season. I hope we can find a similarly large sponsor but if not, that could have a significant impact on the budget for 2020/21. Also a bit disconcerting that "something went wrong" with such a big deal.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the deal with Singha, which was supposed to be 3 years, but "something went wrong" which means it expires at the end of next season. I hope we can find a similarly large sponsor but if not, that could have a significant impact on the budget for 2020/21. Also a bit disconcerting that "something went wrong" with such a big deal.
yep .... Tiger did mention the Singha deal was supposed to be 3 years , but as you say @FatOldSun , our owner did indeed say 'something went wrong' .... without alluding to what it was that had gone wrong... and the Singha shirt sponsorship was due to expire and the end of next season

he also said there will be new home & away shirts/kit for next season, and added that the shorts for the home/main kit will be Oxford blue

yep .... Tiger did mention the Singha deal was supposed to be 3 years , but as you say @FatOldSun , our owner did indeed say 'something went wrong' .... without alluding to what it was that had gone wrong... and the Singha shirt sponsorship was due to expire and the end of next season

I think he was alluding to Kassam not wanting to sell Singha at the stadium which would make perfect sense.

I dont think buying the retail/leisure stuff has ever been on the cards. Its always just been the stadium.

The Singha deal went wrong because they were told they could sell their beer at the ground, but they can't. Back when I was running the Ice Hockey and looking for sponsors, when we looked at beer suppliers it was absolutley imperative that their beer was sold at the location they sponsored.

It's a shame something that basic went wrong to be blunt.

If and it’s a huge if, a new stadium comes to fruition then Thohir is there lurking in the background to provide proof of funds for the relevant bodies.

No shiny new stadium and you won’t see Thohir for dust and probably one or two others also.

In the meantime we can only hope that the club’s debt doesn’t significantly increase under Thanakarnjanasuth stewardship.
This is spot on. If a new stadium is given the go ahead and there's money to be made he'll be in. If not he'll be out!!

The question appeared to be about the playing budget. Erick, if investing, would be more likely to fund stadium development or build. So he could be throwing a lot of money our way without increasing the playing budget.
But the question has to be if he chucks money sat funding a stadium would he want a struggling relegation threatened team or a team that is ambitious with the thought of playing in the championship?

Back
Top Bottom