Conference National league playoff today

Well done Harrogate Town into the football league.
well deserved

assuming the FA Trophy competition continues, Harrogate play Notts County in the semi-final(s)

Well done to Harrogate Town. Well deserved, and by far the better side on the day.

Good luck to them. If we play them away in the cup next year will have to Bettys Tea Rooms

... alongside the long awaited return of barrow as well

... alongside the long awaited return of barrow as well
I can vaguely recall the U's beating Barrow 7-0 in a league game at the Manor when I was a kid ( in the 60s)- me dad used to give me a rowntrees fruit pastel every time Oxford scored.... sugar rush I had after that one! I was bouncing off the walls for hours when we got home

Watching the National League Play Off appealed to me more than the FA Cup Final. Sign of the times or (more likely) I'm just a bit weird!

Watching the National League Play Off appealed to me more than the FA Cup Final. Sign of the times or (more likely) I'm just a bit weird!
Agree with that. Although I enjoyed the FA Cup final and the Arsenal goals, I have to admit I’m far more interested in what happens in the Conference

Am i right in thinking Harrogate Town currently play on a 3G pitch, if so not giving them much time to re do it start of next season assuming it will still be next month

Am i right in thinking Harrogate Town currently play on a 3G pitch, if so not giving them much time to re do it start of next season assuming it will still be next month
That is correct, apparently the diggers were poised ready to start as soon as final whistle blew.
They have also apparently got a temporary ground share in place for first few home games until pitch ready

I'm sure Harrogate deserved it on the pitch......but they didn't exactly deserve promotion off it.
Average attendance of 1300 this season - or almost exactly a quarter of what Notts County managed.

The seven lowest average attendances in League Two last year were recent former non-league sides (Macclesfield, Crawley, Stevenage, Forest Green, Salford, Morecambe & Cheltenham). With Barrow & Harrogate replacing Stevenage, I imagine it'll be the bottom eight in attendances next year.

I guess there's some fun to be had in another new league team - but I feel more sorry for the Notts County fans. We know what losing in the Conference playoffs feels like and it ain't fun. Hopefully they'll come back up next year........

On that basis we should not have deserved a place in the championship AS our average was 3k below any other team in it

So yet another case of money does not guarantee success, is this not what football fans want to see the so called smaller clubs given a chance?

• React
Reactions: m
I'm sure Harrogate deserved it on the pitch......but they didn't exactly deserve promotion off it.
Average attendance of 1300 this season - or almost exactly a quarter of what Notts County managed.

The seven lowest average attendances in League Two last year were recent former non-league sides (Macclesfield, Crawley, Stevenage, Forest Green, Salford, Morecambe & Cheltenham). With Barrow & Harrogate replacing Stevenage, I imagine it'll be the bottom eight in attendances next year.

I guess there's some fun to be had in another new league team - but I feel more sorry for the Notts County fans. We know what losing in the Conference playoffs feels like and it ain't fun. Hopefully they'll come back up next year........
So do Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich deserve promotion from L1 next year? Shall we base the ranking of the 92 clubs on attendances? Ridiculous post.

Eh? Since when was promotion 'deserved' by the number of supporters a club has? On that basis, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Ipswich would not be in L1! And we would never be in the Championship. This is the same nonsense as clubs whinging they are 'too big' to be where they are in the pyramid.

You'd hope that now Harrogate are in the league they will pick up some more support, hopefully that support will then stick with them.

Eh? Since when was promotion 'deserved' by the number of supporters a club has? On that basis, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Ipswich would not be in L1! And we would never be in the Championship. This is the same nonsense as clubs whinging they are 'too big' to be where they are in the pyramid.

You'd hope that now Harrogate are in the league they will pick up some more support, hopefully that support will then stick with them.
I think many of us have a subconscious desire for the football league to be like it was when we were kids, and obviously Notts County were always part of it - in fact I can remember them in the top division. Don Masson, jumpers for goalposts, etc.

close neighbours to (now ) PL Leeds, PL Sheffield Utd, as well as Huddersfield Town, Sheffield Wednesday , Barnsley etc
Harrogate is an affluent area of Yorkshire ....... Fleetwood, since being in the EFL haven't really picked up many more supporters.... good luck to Harrogate, though I doubt if they'll significantly increase their average attendance

Watched most of the game, good open stuff. County’s defenders , including the highly mediocre Brindley, (anyone remember him?) duff. Wes Thomas still useful though.

Harrogate's story is real rags to riches.Inspirational.

Back
Top Bottom