Away Match Build Up 12/12/2023 L1: Reading v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also going to this and I will be giving it the big one when we go 3-0 up

I see there are a few car parks around the stadium including Bennet Road. Any advice on the best car park to use for away fans? COYY

Heading to this. We need a reaction to what happened on Saturday and to up our game. DB wasn’t happy with the Peterborough performance (who was?) and at least we have a game midweek to put it right.

Unpopular opinion - Reading have never irked me as a rival. I love watching Swindon lose. I rarely look out to see if Reading have. It’ll be a game with a big crowd and a bit of atmosphere but it’s not ‘the’ rivalry as far as I’m concerned.

Heading to this. We need a reaction to what happened on Saturday and to up our game. DB wasn’t happy with the Peterborough performance (who was?) and at least we have a game midweek to put it right.

Unpopular opinion - Reading have never irked me as a rival. I love watching Swindon lose. I rarely look out to see if Reading have. It’ll be a game with a big crowd and a bit of atmosphere but it’s not ‘the’ rivalry as far as I’m concerned.
The rivalry died somewhat when they went top flight and we disappeared into non league.

Having been to Cheltenham and Peterbough i am sitting on the fence for this one and going for a draw. Notice Burton Albion have just sacked their manager who we have next Saturday.

Living where I now live, about 12 miles south east of Reading and only a few minutes walk from Berkshire, the rivalry with Reading should be bigger for me as I come across their fans more often than Swindon ones but I still consider our/my Derby Swindon by a much bigger margin, if we were playing them it would feel like Xmas Eve tomorrow but I can’t see that happening.

Still it’s a very local game with a bit more to it than playing High Wycombe so shouldn’t complain, nice to have a match with at least some spice to it in a season.

Got to admit, I'm dreading this game. A few weeks ago, I couldn't wait for it, but after the last few weeks, I fear the worst.

Having worked in Reading for years, with many Reading "fans" (many of which had never been to Elm Park) I despise them, and thorough enjoy their current plight.
Swindon are the bigger rivals and those games mean far more, but I'd love nothing more than to absolutely stuff them tomorrow, see them go down and suffer more financial issues.

and they can shove their tennis balls and biscuits up their a**e.

I've not got a good feeling going into tomorrow.

A Reading fan at work thinks we'll batter them, but we haven't even really looked like scoring recently.

I work in Reading. There is not enough time to go home and back again so I am walking over the road to the Bear and Hope in Cemetery Junction and then driving up and parking in some industial estate about 6.30. Should be able to listen to Jerome from 7.00.

Just had a look on the Reading website and there's still thousands of tickets available.

Looks like the stadium will be half empty (literally).

Just had a look on the Reading website and there's still thousands of tickets available.

Looks like the stadium will be half empty (literally).
They has 12,500 v Barnsley on Saturday, so half full.
Oxford will take more than Barnsley, but fewer Reading fans as midweek game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom