• Draw

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • OUFC win

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PLAYED BOR BOTH

GIV2s98WYAAFjq5

Includes Jake Wright, James Henry, Robert Hall, Hugh Curran, Neil Whatmore, Jimmy Phillips, Nigel Jemson,
Trevor Hebberd, Brandon Fleming, Craig Davies, Yanic Wildschut, Ian Walker, Ray Train and several others.

I’m quietly confident we’ll get something.
I’d make one change. Long in for Rodrigues & match up their back 3 system.

Cumming
Long Moore Brown
Stevens McGuane Brannagan Leigh
Dale Harris Murphy

Ive got a feeling we'll nick all 3pts with a late winner, 1-2 win Harris and Gregly

I was confident going into Saturday, and even though we won the performance has left me unconvinced.

Play like that against Bolton and we lose.
On the other side of the coin, someone on the Bolton forum has probably written:

'I was confident going into Saturday, and even though we won the performance has left me unconvinced

Play like that against Oxford and we lose".

Who knows what we will get. There was some real expectancy on Saturday after the performance against Pompey but then we get served up that rubbish we had to sit through on Saturday. Most definitely not based on performances but I have a sneaky feeling we might get something tomorrow. 1–1.

On the other side of the coin, someone on the Bolton forum has probably written:

'I was confident going into Saturday, and even though we won the performance has left me unconvinced

Unlikely - given they drew rather than won.

Here’s an idea ….
Let’s give our £400,000 striker 90 minutes and two wingers to score a decent couple of goals. I like Harris but surely it’s time Goodwin started justifying his fee?

More confident of a performance than Saturday. That won't necessarily translate into a result against a better side. Funny old game eh

Bolton were punished twice on Saturday for playing an incredibly high line, which on the face of it would suit us down to the ground. However can see them dropping off and packing the midfield to nullify Brannagan and Mcguane. They also play with wing backs which we usually struggle with, but do feel slightly more confident about dealing with that with Leigh and Stevens as full backs. Their forwards are mobile and hardworking but don't provide *that* much goal threat individually. I think breaking the press will give us some joy, its just whether we can do that consistently and with speed to allow our forward line to get into play, Rodrigues is the key link man for these sorts of games, and I'd start him despite some very undeserved criticism recently. Would be tempted to replace Mcguane with Bodin as I think he and Ruben can manipulate the ball better and give us more control, granted it would come with a lot less defensive capability but think sitting back is asking for trouble.

I think we'll lose narrowly but will score, I'll go for 2-1 with Murphy getting our goal.

Cumming

Stevens
Moore
Brown
Leigh

Brannagan
Rodrigues
Bodin

Dale
Harris
Murphy

Yeah - but they didn't see the first 85 minutes of our game on Saturday. I could say exactly the same re us.

It's on the Tele when was the last time we put in a performance to be proud of on the Tele ... I think we will lose 3-0

BUT you never know play like we did against Pompey we could get a result

I hate it when we are on the Tele

Back
Top Bottom