Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/01/2019 Fleetwood Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

I’m praying to the football gods that we win tomorrow

If they’re listening ? then a 2-1 win, with goals from Henry and Whyte.

Shame as it is, but can only see a home win. Defence is all at sea, Dickie needs to be replaced by Raglan which won’t happen. No striker of note and a shocking record up there. Last goal we scored I was in the toilet at Doncaster, so that’s where I will be all game... ?

"Spygate" - I wonder if Fleetwood have sent an employee to spy on our training session, they must be wondering how we are going to line up without a striker.

Come on, with gobbo in charge would they really bother?

Shame as it is, but can only see a home win. Defence is all at sea, Dickie needs to be replaced by Raglan which won’t happen. No striker of note and a shocking record up there. Last goal we scored I was in the toilet at Doncaster, so that’s where I will be all game... ?

You'll be in the toilet at Doncaster?

Just had a good day and have gone from being very pessimistic to feeling good and I think its going to be 3-1 to us!

Shame as it is, but can only see a home win. Defence is all at sea, Dickie needs to be replaced by Raglan which won’t happen. No striker of note and a shocking record up there. Last goal we scored I was in the toilet at Doncaster, so that’s where I will be all game... [emoji15]
Don’t they have toilets in Fleetwood then?

I’m hoping that having returned to UAE after my disasterous trip to UK (in terms of watching OUFC), things will now start to turn around. Praying for a win.

2-1 Whyte and Henry

(Passing comment on KR for now :censored:)

Reality check.

"Fleetwood have won eight of their nine Football League meetings with Oxford (D1), winning each of the last six.
Oxford have only managed three goals in nine league encounters against Fleetwood since the 2012-13 season, failing to score in each of the last three.
Fleetwood have conceded eight goals in their last two home games in all competitions (L2), this after having kept four consecutive clean sheets beforehand.
Oxford have lost each of their last three league games without scoring a goal; they last lost four in a row without scoring in the EFL in August 2000."

The one bright spot is the number of goals they have conceded at home. But since we don't actually score goals this is not a very bright spot.

I don't think the historic form should ever really hinder our chances. After all most of those matches were played with different players, different manger set ups and in our case, multiple chairmen.
But on the current form a result today would be a great achievement. Personally I'd take a point, as long as we score some goals. COYY

Going to miss the game today, New Years reception.Somebody else can do the scores.

Got a feeling we will win today, our run of losing to them has to end and this may be the chance, 0-2 for the mighty Yellows

I predict it’ll be 0-0 going into the 80th minute after hitting the post three times. Then they score two late goals to beat us... again.

A likely win for them unless they are thrown by our team with 8 midfielders in it, going to go with a 2-0 win for them

Back
Top Bottom