Home Match Day Thread £10 Morecambe Tickets

Upthecowboys

Surprised no one has mentioned this, apologies if I have missed it..

Fair play to the club and sponsors (Mola) for coming up with this offer. £10 is brilliant value for an adult ticket, and I hope the offer is backed by fans. Hopefully it will attract a few fans who may have given the game a miss.

It will also be interesting to see if the club can do any research on the back of it. I'm sure they probably have expected attendances, so post match they may be able to guess the impact the £10 offer has etc. However I wonder if they can survey those who buy match tickets, and get a definitive answer on whether the £10 made a difference? It would also be really interesting for the club to find out the match day spend of those who only attended due to the £10 offer - i.e. did they buy a programme, spend money in the club shop, buy food and drink etc.

Well played OUFC.

They read this forum.

It was mentioned by some people in the Plymouth build up thread pertaining to the "match day" value for money...

brilliant by the club .... even though Im working away (Exeter) that weekend, so won't be taking up the offer

brilliant by the club .... even though Im working away (Exeter) that weekend, so won't be taking up the offer
Do you ever not have to work, Sarge? You must put more hours in than even the hardest working inmate of Russia’s worst gulag.

They read this forum.

It was mentioned by some people in the Plymouth build up thread pertaining to the "match day" value for money...

Someone also had a lengthy post (thread) on Twitter about home games and attendances.

At this rate, the fans council won’t be needed !!!

Do you ever not have to work, Sarge? You must put more hours in than even the hardest working inmate of Russia’s worst gulag.
self employed ... not been able to do one of the jobs I do during lockdown, DJing, playing rare soul n funk from original vinyl, now restrictions are lifted lots of bookings flooding in .... including a number of weekenders - done 2 so far, 3 more to go this year... already booked for 2 next year so far.... on top of that since restrictions have lifted I had only one or two weekends that I haven't been playing .... got a allnighter in the east midlands tomorrow night , can just about make the home game v Plymouth , and make the 2.5 hr drive after the match in time for when the doors open

A great offer commercially. Now to see if it receives any sustained marketing nearer the day or whether it just gets announced and left on a shelf. Hopefully post-Tuesday when it becomes the next home game they’ll keep nudging it and have some sort of sustained push to drive numbers in the run up. Otherwise you’re just giving the same people who were going anyway cheaper tickets with no uplift.

They’ve done the hard bit in simply committing to the pricing. This is a great chance to have some sort of pre-match entertainment, or something remotely different / interesting on the day. The experience is what will lead to retention as well as increased footfall. Once you get people there you need to make them want to come back. The football match is only part of it.

#AnnounceBouncyCastle

Always working but always posting
mild bit of multi-tasking - when not out doing a photoshoot I work from a laptop, .... having a few windows open on the laptop, I can keep up with YF as well as work, nearly at the same time... I get on fine with my boss (most the time) being self employed

mild bit of multi-tasking - when not out doing a photoshoot I work from a laptop, .... having a few windows open on the laptop, I can keep up with YF as well as work, nearly at the same time... I get on fine with my boss (most the time) being self employed
I heard your boss was a bit of a slave driver 😆

Tickets purchased for Saturday and the Rovers cup game.

It seems that the tickets are selling better than normal for a Morecambe kind of game?
The family section is sold out?

Back
Top Bottom