Away Match Day Thread +++ 1/1/2019 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC match day thread+++

Ten days ago we got a battling point at Doncaster who are currently tearing Rochdale a new one. Now we’ve lost three in a row to supposedly lesser opponents. What has happened?

A combo of two things.

1. KR has settled upon his best XI and played them into the ground. They’re physically and mentally spent and with a lack of alternatives in the squad, they simply have run out of steam. The ones that can slip in to alleviate the pressures are too young, unfit or just not very good.

2. We’ve been scouted and teams know how we play now. Play a hard press against us and ensure that Mackie is marked out of things and we’re sussed out. Whyte, Browne and Henry can’t hurt you if they’re being harried.

Still there will be a few saying let's wait and see what happens in the transfer window... Worst thing for me is that Robinson plays a terrible system, and it is just not been working. From tiger down, our club is a sh1t pit at the moment. We'll support them ever more. But must be time for Robbo to f**k off

Has to go. A completely unacceptable result and performance.

Its a shame as he wasnt supported in the summer, but the squad needs something different.

Out!

Well that was bollox ....beer n banter next, & Im gonna be on the receiving end ( hey ho...if ya cant take it, dont dish it out applies :sneaky: )

.... at least I wont hear KRs post match rant/ excuses/ nonsense!

What a mess. Thankfully we don’t have to worry about the league for another ten days... but those upcoming fixtures - gulp!

Looks like we are going to be playing league 2 next season. Utter drivel against the worst team in the league.

Robinson’s record since taking over, closing in on 40 games is about a point a game and in that time he has managed to win one away game at Doncaster with a last minute winner. He is a man who thought having Mackie, Obika and Smith as options for his beloved lone striker role, quite possibly the worst collection of forwards in third tier history, was a recipe for success. Now we are down to just one of the terrible trio and he looks like he is waiting for the van to the glue factory.

He is so tactically inflexible that giving him new players will be a waste of time, he will/has signed yet more injury prone attacking midfielders rather than addressing the biggest problem the fact that sides have figured out we are toothless and to just ignore Mackies wind up attempts as he is absolutely shot.

I doubt anything will happen as who knows who is actually in charge, but it’s a shambles, a poor team, a delusional stubborn manager and an absent owner who might be potless.

I was pretty keen for Robinson to leave earlier on in the season - but then we managed to go on a not hugely convincing at times run of mostly unbeaten games (too many draws though) and I thought he deserved the benefit of the doubt - not only were the results better but he seemed to tone down some of the mad ranting. But he is now giving the team an excuse to leave before the games start, wittering on about the (his!) squad. Would you really give him the January window to waste more money? Shocking. I have a ticket for Saturday's game, but am not really looking forward to it.

I have never been overly confident in Robison's managerial abilities- even during the 'good' run. But I have to admit I didn't expect such a rapid collapse.
Robinson's original recruitment policy was a total shambles and I am not expecting much from this one. Relegation is looking a certainty right now.
I have to agree that he has ro go.

I think our survival lies in the hands of Tiger. We need a fantastic January transfer window and a disproportionate amount of money to spend to get ourselves out of this and Tiger is the only man to provide that.

That said, this is Robinson's squad and he needs to be held accountable for his recruitment decisions.

Tiger should get rid of Robinson and pour some money into the squad. As any owner should, he should already know who to appoint as Robinson's replacement.

Obviously neither of these things will happen.

Inexcusable.

From 5 points outside the bottom four to now dragged in.

Front 4 of Mackie Whyte Browne Henry all knackered. We’ve stopped scoring the worldies from outside the box (what a surprise). Flimsy at the back, LB is a real problem, even with Ruffels.

We started the season with Garbutt LB, Brannagan holding midfield...started today the same and guess what!

That’s probably it for Garbutt now I imagine.

Embarrassing!!!
Three games over the festive period that all fans look forward to.
Lost all three scored 0 conceded 6.
Not sure where we go from here

How frustrating! On a generally good run then totally f**k up the festive season. As others have said, probably because our first team is knackered.

Which brings us back to Tiger, Thohir and the others. If we don’t see some decent investment in January we could be screwed and will certainly remain in a relegation scrap which we might not have the ability to get out of.

They need to put up or get the f**k out and let someone else have a go.

Back
Top Bottom