Home Match Day Thread 09/03/2024 L1: OUFC v Cheltenham Town

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge game with Bolton away Tuesday to follow.

Come on Des, let’s get a run going like LM did in his first 10 games this season. 8 wins from 10.

That would comfortably see us in to the top 6!

Apologies, but we are in “Must Win” territory today I think.

Stevenage have a decent fixture to accumulate points so we need to do the same to keep pace.

Feeling okay about this one.

2-0 COYY’s

Des really does need a good result, the players need a good result but more importantly we need to see a performance and a win .Whether you like Des or not we all want him to succeed for us and as a club. Its a massive game have we got the nous against a good manager. They are on a poor run but how many times do we play teams like this and get nothing from it .Any win will do

Play as we did against Pompey and we’ll get the result we need. Definitely a must win game. No offence, but if we can’t beat the likes of Cheltenham at home we shouldn’t be considering the Championship.

Oxford United 3 - Cheltenham Town 0.

There's Gas works going on outside Buildbase, the queues can go past the Tesco roundabout at times, give yourself extra time if you coming from that direction.

Must win game! Anything less it’s curtains. I want to see us go for it, and attack, rather than watch backwards and sideways passing, that normally leads to nothing.

3 points that’s what we need today. Any other outcome would be very disappointing to say the least.

Seven games so far against our localish rivals this season and we haven’t won any of them. Just saying…….

Cheltenham haven’t won in four and have had some ropey results against the also rans recently too.

I’d take 1-0 right now just to get a result on the board. As someone who is very much on DB’s side, he does have to start yielding some results from this team soon to make the run in worthwhile. It’s not a perfect squad, not one worthy of the top five but it may have have enough to squeeze into the playoffs.

Cheltenham haven’t won in four and have had some ropey results against the also rans recently too.

I’d take 1-0 right now just to get a result on the board. As someone who is very much on DB’s side, he does have to start yielding some results from this team soon to make the run in worthwhile. It’s not a perfect squad, not one worthy of the top five but it may have have enough to squeeze into the playoffs.
Personally on paper that squad is a top six in my opinion. Last chance saloon on the playoffs . Easier looking run in, great performance v Pompey , but I confess I’m not getting my hopes up. However I hope des and the boys smash it like apex predators !!! 🙌🏼

Back
Top Bottom