Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/02/2019 OUFC v Sunderland match day thread +++

Looked a foul om their defender for our equaliser but its about time we had a little bit of luck. Great composure from new striker to set up browne. We should have won today but our finishing is woeful. Henry had a really poor game.

Decent enough result. With a proper striker wed have won comfortably. Games running out to get those points on the board.
5 points against top opposition in our last three home games (should have been more, it wasn't oh well) is a decent return in my book. Get Peterborough out the way next week and I'm confident the results will come if we play like we have recently

5 points against top opposition in our last three home games (should have been more, it wasn't oh well) is a decent return in my book. Get Peterborough out the way next week and I'm confident the results will come if we play like we have recently

No doubt we have good players, easily good enough to challenge for playoffs. But at some point we have to start converting more chances and winning games. Starting with Posh next week and then an away win please.

Great advert today. Even if we didn’t take the three points, we were good value for entertainment.

I saw it as one side that was better versus one side that was cleverer. Sunderland should have found an extra gear in the second half and made the most of the spaces left as we got forward. Stupidly, they didn’t and it came back to haunt them. Instead they were trying to ‘dark art’ their way to victory - time wasting, dropping the ball at throw ins etc. I’m glad we got something as we were the side that were going for it.

All contributed in some capacity. The special mentions go to Nelson in defence, Mackie for his forward play, both Whyte and Graham who made very solid claims for MOTM. I thought Henry started to tire and was rightly subbed.

Not totally convinced by Sinclair yet. He was playing a Mackie style role that didn’t suit him as I don’t think he’s confident in the air but I was impressed with his composure and cut back for our goal. He looks quick though and who gives a toss if it was a foul! I thought it was a tangle of legs and he just so happened to get up first.

Good entertainment. I recommend you get yourself down to the KassStad, @greatunclekip.

No doubt we have good players, easily good enough to challenge for playoffs. But at some point we have to start converting more chances and winning games. Starting with Posh next week and then an away win please.
Yeah I totally agree, our creative play at times is superb to watch. Putting the ball in net is a different matter, against barnsley I thought we were just damn unlucky, against Burton and again today it was down to bad finishing.

Usual non-sensical comments on radox..so and so can't understand with these players why we are in bottom reaches...hmm! do people not follow events or what..we are at last with (in Mapp"s words) "make a difference" subs

Great game, we’re a very decent side. Would be glad if that Sunderland chap came back to give us his views.

No one going on about ‘Tiger’ now

Usual non-sensical comments on radox..so and so can't understand with these players why we are in bottom reaches...hmm! do people not follow events or what..we are at last with (in Mapp"s words) "make a difference" subs
Wish we had Michael Appleton back as manager (y)(y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom