• SUB: Browne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Henry

• SUB: Stevens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I really love is our ability to counter at pace. It is such an effective tactic especially away from home.

When you've got Murphy bombing down the left, Dale bombing down the right and Bomber Harris through the middle, you know you've got three real quality options to keep the defence guessing. Not only that, but with Rodrigues and Goodrham pressing too, we have a plethora of options going forward. That's why we're able to create so much. The way we transition from defence into attack is really impressive at the moment, but bigger tests lie ahead as to whether we can overwhelm better defensive teams with this setup. Add Browne, Henry (on his sub appearance and finish yesterday) and Bodin into that mix too and we have a lot of options to try and unlock trickier, more organised defences.

The way we transition from attack into defence when out of possession is also improving rapidly. For me, these transitions and how effective and quick we are at them are where all our games will be decided from here on in. It's almost like we've copied the current Arsenal playbook!

It may help us that the Posh hav a midweek game on Weds evening. Could be a bit of a battle against Vale who will be desperate to get something out of the game. We have a week to be ready and as fresh as possible for the huge trio of home games to come.

We need as many fit players available as possible. I’m finally warming to the fact that the play-offs are now a real possibility, and we should make them, after they were seemingly disappearing from right in front of us. We have some of our top players suddenly in top form and confidence wise we are on a roll. The season is finishing with excitement now and that’s a real positive after the last few months.

Highlight for me yesterday was actually the first goal. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t ever sure Harris that sort of thing in him. Even the Carlisle goal at the start of the season looked like it came off his shin to me. However, yesterday the finish for goal was lethal, clinical and confident. Anticipated the header, two great touches on an awful pitch, sell the keeper, tuck it away without any fuss. Superb. He’s third behind cam bran and Moore for POTY for me. Murph’s form has come too late!

Highlight for me yesterday was actually the first goal. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t ever sure Harris that sort of thing in him. Even the Carlisle goal at the start of the season looked like it came off his shin to me. However, yesterday the finish for goal was lethal, clinical and confident. Anticipated the header, two great touches on an awful pitch, sell the keeper, tuck it away without any fuss. Superb. He’s third behind cam bran and Moore for POTY for me. Murph’s form has come too late!
Has it? We are still in the driving seat as far as it all being in our hands, so as long as it's here for the final 4 (potentially 7) games, then that's not too late!

Agree, the first goal (albeit their defender being at fault) was taken with good composure, and nice to see him take it like that. I particularly enjoyed seeing Henry score again. He just loves his football, and it's nice to see him back on the pitch and having an impact again.

Has it? We are still in the driving seat as far as it all being in our hands, so as long as it's here for the final 4 (potentially 7) games, then that's not too late!

Agree, the first goal (albeit their defender being at fault) was taken with good composure, and nice to see him take it like that. I particularly enjoyed seeing Henry score again. He just loves his football, and it's nice to see him back on the pitch and having an impact again.
I think he meant for player of the year. I watched the game on Ifollow yesterday and very impressed with our defensive control against those long throws. Very positive

Listen to Buckingham after the game yesterday, he deserves credit for the upturn in form from Harris. If you look at his first against Fleetwood and second yesterday, Harris is playing between the posts and finding himself in goal scoring positions. Previously he has been all over the box which not only makes it harder to find him, but also means that he needs to do much more if the ball does come to him.

At the beginning of the season we were seeing a high energy and committed forward, but Buckingham has him playing as a genuine striker and you wouldn't bet against him getting to the mythical 20 goals mark in his remaining games.

Along with the form we are seeing from Murphy and Dale, and the tightening up of the defence, we are beginning to see a side that can not only compete against the better sides, but might actually give them a few things to fear too.

I liked Des’s tone in his post match interview with Radio Ox. He sounded a bit punchier than usual, and I liked it. I reckon the last few results have given him a bit of confidence.

Absolute agree with the push by some on here to go for 3 home sell outs. It’s in our hands which is brilliant, so let’s get the ground rocking - starting with Posh at home next Saturday.

you wouldn't bet against him getting to the mythical 20 goals mark in his remaining games.

You absolutely would bet against it - he'll need to score 7 in our final 4 games (an incredibly tall order).

But he may well get to 15 for the season (2 more) which is a good result, particularly as he was stuck on 3 going into the New Year.

And even if he doesn't score again this term, it's already 10 for the 2nd half of the season - which certainly shows that he's capable of getting to 20 next time out...

You absolutely would bet against it - he'll need to score 7 in our final 4 games (an incredibly tall order).

But he may well get to 15 for the season (2 more) which is a good result, particularly as he was stuck on 3 going into the New Year.

And even if he doesn't score again this term, it's already 10 for the 2nd half of the season - which certainly shows that he's capable of getting to 20 next time out...
He has already scored 17 (?) after yesterday.
It depends whether SE was referring to league goals or total goals

Listen to Buckingham after the game yesterday, he deserves credit for the upturn in form from Harris. If you look at his first against Fleetwood and second yesterday, Harris is playing between the posts and finding himself in goal scoring positions. Previously he has been all over the box which not only makes it harder to find him, but also means that he needs to do much more if the ball does come to him.

At the beginning of the season we were seeing a high energy and committed forward, but Buckingham has him playing as a genuine striker and you wouldn't bet against him getting to the mythical 20 goals mark in his remaining games.

Along with the form we are seeing from Murphy and Dale, and the tightening up of the defence, we are beginning to see a side that can not only compete against the better sides, but might actually give them a few things to fear too.
Des will have played his part in current form but, I believe you should also credit Shorty. He, it was, who said even before the arrival of Des that Harris would come good and be scoring. His faith and coaching should not be underestimated.

For someone who was brought in with the full expectation that he would not be THE main goalscoring striker, he has done fantastically to take up that responsibility. As has been mentioned ad infinitum, even when he wasn't scoring, he was working his backside off too. Great season from the lad!

Fair play to the Burton fans on our R/H/S for the decent ovation given to Murphy's substitution. This was either in sheer bloody relief that he couldn't do any more damage once off - or they actually appreciated a player who's played well. I'm sure it was the latter and it must have been a first for Josh to see and hear opposing supporters clapping him off.

COYY'S.

I will absolutely single you out, but this could apply to a number of posters on here.

Why does everything positive need to be turned into a negative?

Mark Harris has scored 17 times this season. I said that you wouldn't bet against him getting 20+. At no point did I say that they must be league goals. Or penalties don't count. Or headers count double or f**k all else.

Mark Harris scores in bursts and is not only looking in form, but has changed his game to be in much better goal scoring positions and is getting the rewards for this. If that continues in the next 4/7 games then we will have a much better chance of getting the results we need, and might just get promoted.

But a handful of posters on here are desperate to P**s on every parade. Every positive from yesterday is countered with "we might lose the next four games 5 nil" type nonsense from some. I honestly wonder whether some have got so entrenched in their misery that they are unable to find happiness in anything anymore. It's like a board full of Eeyores at times!!!

I hope that Oxford keep winning and Harris keeps scoring, and the fact that that seems to trigger some of our esteemed posters will make it all the sweeter!

I particularly enjoyed seeing Henry score again. He just loves his football, and it's nice to see him back on the pitch and having an impact again.
This. One of my very favourite Oxford players since our return to the league. Hated seeing him get slagged off by some on here, as though he were a disposable wipe who'd served his purpose and could now be chucked. Great to see him have a last hurrah of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom